Batch 12W16 revision ABAE on sale in China

Search This thread

richteralan

Aug 3, 2010
Hong Kong
Let's hope this batch has the new LCD screen and picked up by eBay seller too!

lol

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1204222136a1ec2e73340e01fb.jpg
    1204222136a1ec2e73340e01fb.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 1,068
  • 1204222135080c30f53244fed7.jpg
    1204222135080c30f53244fed7.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 1,011

ARC X12

May 13, 2011
I don't think that knowing the batch or week where it comes from would be of any help since Sony hasnt given any clear cut-off or official statement on when or what batch we need to find to have a defect-free screen.

richteralan

Aug 3, 2010
Hong Kong
I don't think that knowing the batch or week where it comes from would be of any help since Sony hasnt given any clear cut-off or official statement on when or what batch we need to find to have a defect-free screen.

Sony hasn't directly provided any info.

But there are leaked repair center docs indicating it is hardware related and how to determine the problem

It's been posted here before.

ARC X12

May 13, 2011
Sony hasn't directly provided any info.

But there are leaked repair center docs indicating it is hardware related and how to determine the problem

It's been posted here before.

Yes this is the problem because Sony hasnt provided us with any clear info. Its very clear that its a hardware issue and its also easy to determine if it has it or not. But what i am after is to know on what batch is it safe to buy the Xperia S. I already bought one and sold it because i cannot claim warranty because it was a grey import. I would want to buy again but i want to make sure that it does not have that problem anymore since its really a hassle to exchange it when the problem occurrs. I am located in the Philippines and excahnges here are really a hassle and most Sony reps here are ignorant of the problem.

richteralan

Aug 3, 2010
Hong Kong
Yes this is the problem because Sony hasnt provided us with any clear info. Its very clear that its a hardware issue and its also easy to determine if it has it or not. But what i am after is to know on what batch is it safe to buy the Xperia S. I already bought one and sold it because i cannot claim warranty because it was a grey import. I would want to buy again but i want to make sure that it does not have that problem anymore since its really a hassle to exchange it when the problem occurrs. I am located in the Philippines and excahnges here are really a hassle and most Sony reps here are ignorant of the problem.

Good luck waiting for Sony providing the specific info you want.

I read the repair center doc and know that I want a revision AB phone, 12W15.

ARC X12

May 13, 2011
Good luck waiting for Sony providing the specific info you want.

I read the repair center doc and know that I want a revision AB phone, 12W15.

In this case, then when i would buy, i will look for this specific batch. By the way, how was it stated in the repair center doc that convinced you to look for this specific batch?

element800

Apr 25, 2012
I don't understand this ;p What's the difference between an for example 12w13 and a 12w16?? Thanks for helping me ;)

richteralan

Aug 3, 2010
Hong Kong
In this case, then when i would buy, i will look for this specific batch. By the way, how was it stated in the repair center doc that convinced you to look for this specific batch?

As I said that the doc was posted here and translated. I don't want to repeat that here again.

You should read through those LCD thread.

ARC X12

May 13, 2011
How about yourself actually go through it instead of asking for answers?

You can learn a lot from users experiences, no?

Do i need to waste my time searching for it if someone has a direct link of it??? If you are referring to the Yellow tint thread, it has more than 50 pages so do i have to read every page? Also, i am not familiar with using search that is why i am asking. You do not have to reply if you don't want to, ok?

richteralan

Aug 3, 2010
Hong Kong
Do i need to waste my time searching for it if someone has a direct link of it??? If you are referring to the Yellow tint thread, it has more than 50 pages so do i have to read every page? Also, i am not familiar with using search that is why i am asking. You do not have to reply if you don't want to, ok?
The direct link was posted in that thread.

And you are not familiar with using search?

LOL

This is my thread, of course I want to reply. So please take your attitude to somewhere else and not derail this thread.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't understand this ;p What's the difference between an for example 12w13 and a 12w16?? Thanks for helping me ;)

w16 means week 16 and would also mean that its produced later than w13 thereby chances of having the yellow tint is lesser provided that sony really did fix the problem.