Old ROM, new screen, new troubles.

Search This thread

alsaces daddy

Sep 3, 2012
This is what I am currently on. I can't get 3g. I just got a new screen. Its been busted since last June. I'm trying to switch to a new ROM or even stock, but I can't get my phone to flash the 4.4.2 gapps package. Can someone walk me through this and maybe post links? Any help will be appreciated.

Oh.. And Xbox gave me the new twrp zip. That allows me to actually flash the ROM but not the zip. (Status 7 error)

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1391974334139.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1391974334139.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 58

I-IoLLoW

Oct 1, 2013
Pittsburgh
This is what I am currently on. I can't get 3g. I just got a new screen. Its been busted since last June. I'm trying to switch to a new ROM or even stock, but I can't get my phone to flash the 4.4.2 gapps package. Can someone walk me through this and maybe post links? Any help will be appreciated.

Oh.. And Xbox gave me the new twrp zip. That allows me to actually flash the ROM but not the zip. (Status 7 error)

Maybe just a bad gapps download? Are you using Bank's gapps? Also, the picture you posted said Android 4.2.2, gapps 4.4.2 won't work with that. But if you have the updated twrp and are flashing a 4.4.2 rom, my best guess is 4.4.2 gapps was just a bad download.....

alsaces daddy

Sep 3, 2012
Maybe just a bad gapps download? Are you using Bank's gapps? Also, the picture you posted said Android 4.2.2, gapps 4.4.2 won't work with that. But if you have the updated twrp and are flashing a 4.4.2 rom, my best guess is 4.4.2 gapps was just a bad download.....

I downloaded it twice already. Yes its banks.

You might be right. Its showing its only 7 kbs

Last edited:

I-IoLLoW

Oct 1, 2013
Pittsburgh
I downloaded it twice already. Yes its banks.

You might be right. Its showing its only 7 kbs

Ha ha yeah, that's no good. I think core is 25mb and standard(which you will probably want for most 4.4.2 roms) is 75-80mb. That's probably your issue. Until you get everything installed and working, I would make a backup of your current system even if 3g is borked so you still have something to revert back to. So once you download gapps, from twrp's main menu I would do the following. Go into backup and backup everything. Once that is finished go back to the twrp main screen and select wipe. Then select advanced and wipe everything except internal storage. So data, system, cache and dalvik all need wiped. Maybe even do it twice to make sure. Then install the rom, and then gapps, then reboot. As long as the downloads are good, you should be good to go! And always make sure you have the appropriate gapps version for the rom 4.4.1 rom needs 4.4.1 gapps, etc. And if you do go back to flashing stock, that shouldn't need gapps, only AOSP/CM based roms will. Good luck!

Reactions: alsaces daddy

alsaces daddy

Sep 3, 2012
I appreciate it. I've been swapping back and forth with my backup. Finally got vanir installed but 3g still won't work. Can you send me a link to a stock jb ROM? I was told by Xbox I may need to update the prl and profile.

Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: I-IoLLoW

engine95

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2008
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 4a

I-IoLLoW

Oct 1, 2013
Pittsburgh
Use this one. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=7691279

Sent from my LG-LS970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yep, what he said and xbox is right. Once you get stock up and running make sure you make a backup for that and keep it safe - so you can update prl/profile for data or sometimes roms won't be able to get a gps lock. Again, you will have to flash back to stock and get a lock, then flash the rom and that usually fixes it. Backups make things so much easier. Go nandroid! And you are welcome, always glad to help over here in the lgog forums!

I-IoLLoW

Oct 1, 2013
Pittsburgh
That link is sending me to a thread about a white GPS wire... Lol

It totally is, wtf?

Here is the link to the zvc deodexed rom thread here.

Or the classic odexed stock zvc here.

Both links are working, just clicked em, lol. Odexed is stock, deodexed, read the thread but it allows you to theme the stock. I'd probably go with the second link because you are switching to another rom anyway.

Last edited:

alsaces daddy

Sep 3, 2012
You rock. Thanks for your help. Also should I do a backup of my current setup or do I need to reflash this ROM after getting 3g to work?

Last edited:

engine95

Oct 14, 2008
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 4a
That link is sending me to a thread about a white GPS wire... Lol

Dam XDA app is being weird again. Sorry
GO with the stock odexed. It's the closest to stock so less chance for errors.

It totally is, wtf?

Here is the link to the zvc deodexed rom thread here.

Or the classic odexed stock zvc here.

Both links are working, just clicked em, lol. Odexed is stock, deodexed, read the thread but it allows you to theme the stock. I'd probably go with the second link because you are switching to another rom anyway.
Thanks @HPTesla.

I-IoLLoW

Oct 1, 2013
Pittsburgh
Also, if I flash zvc won't I lose root?

If you used LGNPST and a stock zvc bin file you would, but the link is for a zvc odexed rooted rom. Basically stock zvc already rooted. As for keeping the backup, I would make a backup of the zvc rom(once you update and make sure everything works), and get rid of the other one after you backup that one. Then just flash your new rom and gapps, if you have any issues, you can go right back to a working stock and try again or something else.

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

Dam XDA app is being weird again. Sorry
GO with the stock odexed. It's the closest to stock so less chance for errors.

Thanks @HPTesla.

No prob, Im having issues with my new linux mint 16 install, mdm failed and I couldnt boot so I was back and forth. Could only startx and cinnamon was running without hardware virtualization - SO slow on a dual core 1.7ghz vaio. But I disabled mdm login and all is back to normal. Thanks to you for picking up my slack earlier buddy.

EDIT: By the way @engine95, will he have any issue flashing that zvc rom from the updated twrp? I've never tried it and I think xbox gave him chad's twrp-geespr recovery(just guessing though).

Last edited:

alsaces daddy

Sep 3, 2012
I used LGNPST (sp?) when we first got jb to root. I haven't used this phone since July first. We didn't have zvc back then. I'm just wondering if I flash it will I lose root? I don't have a comp at the moment. Mother board crapped out.

Also the second link is dead. There's no download and the description says dead link. Lol

Last edited:

engine95

Oct 14, 2008
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 4a
I used LGNPST (sp?) when we first got jb to root. I haven't used this phone since July first. We didn't have zvc back then. I'm just wondering if I flash it will I lose root? I don't have a comp at the moment. Mother board crapped out.

Also the second link is dead. There's no download and the description says dead link. Lol

XDA is killing me today. Here is the direct link from androidfilehost. http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23252070760972777

Edit here's dev host. http://d-h.st/qV2
Edit 2. It is already rooted, so just flash and go.
You should have no problems installing with any TWRP. Not sure about CWM

Last edited:

I-IoLLoW

Oct 1, 2013
Pittsburgh

Damn you are right again, I just made sure the link loaded to where it was supposed to go.....and ofcourse I don't think I have that on my hard drive, Im looking tho, if I do I will upload it....but engine is the one that uploaded it originally so maybe he has it or knows what's up..

EDIT: He beat me to it, but I'm downloading and saving it myself just in case. 846mb - I forget how big stock is!

alsaces daddy

Sep 3, 2012
Lol yeah stock is huge. So much unneeded bloat. Thank you guys for sticking with me and helping also having a sense of humor as well.

Reactions: I-IoLLoW

I-IoLLoW

Oct 1, 2013
Pittsburgh

And no, you shouldn't lose root with this, it's already rooted. The stock zvc bin with LGNPST sets your phone back to factory including losing root. This should be zvc with root. ;)

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

Lol yeah stock is huge. So much unneeded bloat. Thank you guys for sticking with me and helping also having a sense of humor as well.

Anytime man, as Ive said multiple times, plenty of people, including engine, helped me when I first got this phone(and they continue to do so). Let us know how it goes!

Reactions: engine95

alsaces daddy

Sep 3, 2012
I used to know a lot about phones but when I started going to school i dropped my guide status at android forums and stopped coming around all together. Now I got this phone fixed I wanted to make sure it completely works.

I-IoLLoW

Oct 1, 2013
Pittsburgh
I used to know a lot about phones but when I started going to school i dropped my guide status at android forums and stopped coming around all together. Now I got this phone fixed I wanted to make sure it completely works.

Yeah Ive been into computers for over 20 years but some of this phone stuff is still new to me. And the lgog is very different from my old evo4g, but I'm learning. I still need to get a new pc so I can start building roms myself. Well glad to have you here man, the ls970 is a great phone and has a great community behind it.

Top Liked Posts