Star N8000, firmware and rom

Search This thread

simkad

Jun 22, 2012
@sas007

Thanks for ur reply.. maybe i need to try other rom/custom rom. right now im on default firmware Jul 10, display and both camera are great.. only 2 bug still remain.
anyway really appreciate ur effort..

thanks.

safone

May 26, 2012
anyone got link for original firmware 22 may 2012 and below?..my previous firmware is 22052012,,
pls help to give it to me..i need to download that firmware to get uboot file from that date coz want to try to fix my autofocus camera didn't work after flash to 1206 firmware..

simkad

Jun 22, 2012
@hairul123
u need to download software 115UDown_3.3.1.13.exe from that wsite..
installed it and download firmware via that apps. theres tutorial for using that apps, just google it.

@safone
i dont have 22052012 firmware, but i also have autofocus problem like u when flashing to 05072012 and didnt find a fix for that,
i ve revert to my default firmware 10072012 and the autofocus is fixed.

ive read a good russian forum (credit to Lasuria Robert), heres translated from google :

flashing me in this bottle and the camera will process the AF in 98% of cases, the picture is clear, frontalka chic!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8d5bqnnejyetmah/boot.img

PS bottles from the dump, I personally sewed 0705 and replaced it recovery.img + boot.img and was happy in my
life! Perhaps it is only necessary to enjoy the holders of the matrix as 0v5640_yuv Camera work out a sowa AF,
but the picture is worse!

Add a hat, if you killed prelod mode, then the program should sew SP MDT mode bootloader mode, but not preload

maybe u cant try to flash to 07052012 and replace the boot.img with above file, i have not try it..

Good luck.

---------- Post added at 06:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 AM ----------

Hi..

i just receive my brand new n8000, default firmware :

model number : e1808_v75_jbl2

android version : 4.0.3

baseband version : MAUI.11AMD.W11.50SP.V14,2012/04/20 17:38

KERNEL VERSION : 3.0.13 Tue Jul 10 09:51 CST 2012

Build Number : E1808_V75_20120710

been using this firmware almost a week and i notice 2 bug :

1) cannot power off using power button ie not power off menu appear when holding power button. I fix this
by using 3rd party apps from market.

2) cannot charge when the device is off. Icon for charging appear but when i switch on the device
found its not charging (same batt value).
Charging while device is on is okay.

TQ

Hi..

I have succes in fixing bug no1 ie power menu is caused by circle battery patch for haipai noble that ive use i think its not
compatible with our n8000. remove patch and power menu working.
Charging bug is fixed by flashing to e1808_v75_jbl2 16072012 (thanks to art911 from russian forum)
here is a link for firmware dump :

http://ge.tt/25ODRYL/v/0

i flash it via nandroid restore, the firmware already root and repartion to 2g. Camera autofocus is working good.
Still test testing this new firmware and didnt find bug yet..

tQ

Last edited:

harekris

Oct 26, 2009
London
Hello I find this in mobileuncle.cn

This package is based on my portable 4.04 production, complete google services. Not do more to introduce full transparency (global background, the status bar translucent) the MIUI style, to resolve all pre bugs. Millet starter (theme perfect). Need to see the effect of map reference http://products.mobileuncle.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=129157&highlight =% C8% AB% CD% B8% C3% F7miui Brush Note: card brush, and supports all versions of N8000 the part of the oil response Brush prompted to install was canceled in this description This is due to script problems caused by the display of this sentence when Brush disregarded, select the restart can. Download

Hidden in this post

http://115.com/file/e7u9sksu #
i9220.N8000_ics4.0.4_MIUI20120805.zip

Reactions: 3lackinh0

sopyster

Jun 10, 2007
can anyone give me this rom to download it ftom another link.........!!!!

because the site is in chinese!!!!

DarkwingHB

Mar 2, 2011
My n8000 has no 3G Connection! I don´t know why, its works a few days ago perfectly. But now, no 3g! If I switch to WCDMA only, noc Connection could be established. But 3G IS present, i have Internet over the same Network via SIM Card in UMTS Router, and its no Problem!
When i Switch my Phone to GSM/WCDMA automaticly, I only have GPRS Connection.
Whats wrong with my n8000 ?

I have installed ICS 4.0.3 E1808_V75_JBL1_20120705 Baseband from 20 04 2012, Kernel 3.013 from 9 05 2012.
Any ideas??

sas007

May 20, 2012
kidderminster
My n8000 has no 3G Connection! I don´t know why, its works a few days ago perfectly. But now, no 3g! If I switch to WCDMA only, noc Connection could be established. But 3G IS present, i have Internet over the same Network via SIM Card in UMTS Router, and its no Problem!
When i Switch my Phone to GSM/WCDMA automaticly, I only have GPRS Connection.
Whats wrong with my n8000 ?

I have installed ICS 4.0.3 E1808_V75_JBL1_20120705 Baseband from 20 04 2012, Kernel 3.013 from 9 05 2012.
Any ideas??

HI IT WILL DEPEND ON WHAT COUNTRY YOUR IN AND YOUR NETWORK FREQUENCY'S IN ORDER TO HAVE DATA.
Star N8000 Band 2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz 3G: WCDMA 2100MHz

DarkwingHB

Mar 2, 2011
Have you read my posting? "its works a few days ago perfectly". And: "i have Internet over the same Network via SIM Card in UMTS Router, and its no Problem! ".
I hae no Idea!

Have anybody uploaded the i9220.N8000_ics4.0.4_MIUI20120805.zip File. I also cannt download from 115.com !
Thank You !

sas007

May 20, 2012
kidderminster
Last edited:
Reactions: 3lackinh0

sas007

May 20, 2012
kidderminster
Hi sas007,

Unable to upload the file i9220.n8000_ics4.0.4_miui20120805.zip?
Already installed on your phone? What's new?

Thank!

Hi the firmware i have is dated 02/08/2012 (i9220),the one your looking for is 05/08/2012 i also searched everywhere to see if i could find it but it don't seem to be anywhere nor any mentions of it on any other sites around the world.
my n8000 running 05/07.asked a contact in china for new firmware and sent me 05/07 what i already have

wg2002

Feb 24, 2006
Jakarta
Websong Note N8000 Custom Recovery and Data 2.5G

Hi all,

I had a Websong Note N8000, and its seem to a like with the Star N8000. I check the Model Number, Baseband Version, Kernel Version and Build Number is exactly same with the Star N8000.

My question is, can I use the Star N8000 Custome Recovery and the Data 2.5G utility ?

Thanks all..

Cheers...

sas007

May 20, 2012
kidderminster
Hi all,

I had a Websong Note N8000, and its seem to a like with the Star N8000. I check the Model Number, Baseband Version, Kernel Version and Build Number is exactly same with the Star N8000.

My question is, can I use the Star N8000 Custome Recovery and the Data 2.5G utility ?

Thanks all..

Cheers...[/QU

Hi mate if possible do a back up first of your device in case things go horribly wrong...But as is i believe the you can use the n8000 firmware and patches etc you mentioned,you should be good..:good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    here the official post of STAR N8000
    it is a different phone with different firmware of haipai Noble i9220 e Star I9220 dpad. For this phone you must see right topic.

here a photo of Star N8000
    the led is on the right of camera.

For flashing with FlashtooL see the good guide of Bruno martins:
    http://bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.it/2012/05/mt6575-flashing-tutorial.html#comment-form

Firmware Stock
    Latest (05.07.2012) official firmware for N8000 - 20120705_e1808_v75_jbl1l THANKS TO Kyrie1965
    http://narod.ru/disk/57204199001.bb08022cc3658b67af84bc83bd330b0c/20120705_e1808_v75_jbl1.zip.html

Changes (compared to 0612):
    - enhanced KD50M4-51NB-A4 display driver
    - TV bug fixes
    - RX—392A display driver bug fixes
    - OmniVision OV5640 sensor bug fixes
    - RX—323A display driver bug fixes

12 June Firmware with recovery stock Kernel 12 June
    http://www.mediafire.com/?yoirinkclioiq

CWM Recovery
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?htx4lkktne1jmzg

Root
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dlzzsq7fb1zlzzb
    Root by CWM with superuser
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?m9ghiy5ml24miud
    Upgrade Root by CWM with SuperSu 0.94
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?j4aewykt9e8u5b3

Repartiton FIx
    2gb
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1m6bprmy7o9hd37
    2,5gb
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?95kfu55t3x36t20

CUSTOM ROM
    STAR N8000 custom ROM: Taiwan101_STAR-N8000_V.05 BY JOHNNY
    https://rapidshare.com/files/1870830247/Taiwan101_STAR-N8000_V.05-1.zip

If after flashing, you have problems with your front camera or display, you must use SPMDT tool for flash new firmware and you must put the right settings for your device.
    soon i make a videoguide.... meanwhile people send me the setting that you have used..
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1ycvu9ywv7vjnhv
    UPDATE 20-07-2012
    MT6575 Driver Installtion Step by Step

I have experienced so much frustration installing the drivers for the first time, in order to use it with SP-Flash Tool and SP-MDT Tool.
    It took a lot of research, trial and error, and hair-pulling activities before I was able to finally do it.

So to help our newbies out there, I hope this guide may help you.

This is for you if your problem is:
    • The Flasht Tool or SP-MDT Tool cannot detect your phone.
    • When you plug your phone, you hear it connecting, and disconnecting immediately in Windows.
    • Your phone goes into connecting and disconnecting state.
    • Your phone can be flashed via the SP-Flash Tool, but not through the SP-MDT Tool

The Basics:
    There are actually 2 different types of drivers for this phone:
    1. The USB driver
    - You need to have this installed in order for you to use it via ADB Devices, USB Debugging mode, TPSparky Root tool, etc.
    - This driver is needed for activities where the phone remains turned on.
    - The component of this driver will appear as MT65xx ADB Interface device
    2. The Preloader driver
    - You need to have this installed in order for you to use it with the Flashing Tool and SP-MDT Tool
    - This driver is needed for activities where the phone is turned off.
    - There are two components of this driver: The Meditatek USB VCOM driver and the Mediatek USB DA VCOM driver

The Tools:
    There are two types of tools you can use for updating this phone:
    1. The SP-Flash Tool
    - This is easier to use as long as you have correctly installed the device drivers
    - This is recommended for flashing only a few parts of the ROM, like for example, changing only the recovery, uboot, and boot images.
    2. The SP-MDT Tool
    - This is an advanced tool which allows you to set the display drivers
    - The installation of the driver is a little more complex for this tool in order for your phone to be detected
    - If you are able to successfully flash using the SP-Flashtool, but then your display is black, wrong color, twisted, etc, this tool is what you need.

There are a lot of people who are able to successfully install drivers and flash using the SP-Flashtool,
    but to no success when using the SP-MDT tool.
    In my experience, once I got to make the SP-MDT tool work, I had no use for SP-Flashtool anymore.

The Procedure
    First of all, if you have installed the drivers already, and think it doesn't work, I recommend to clear out all
    Android drivers you have installed using the USB Deview tool.
    Delete all those drivers there that starts with MT.
    Also delete any other drivers you might have installed for your old or other Android Devices.

ADB Interface Device
    1. Turn your phone on and switch on the USB Debuggin mode under Settings>Developer Options.
    2. Plug your phone to your computer
    3. On the Hardware Update Wizard, select Install from a specific list or specific location (Advanced) option. Click Next.
    4. Choose Don't search. I will choose the driver to install option. Click Next.
    5. On the Hardware Type screen, select Show All Devices then click Next. (Some of you may not see this screen)
    6. Click the Have Disk... button.
    7. On the pop-up, click the Browse button and look for the android_winusb.inf driver in your hard drive (link below).
      Open it then Click OK.
    8. Click the Next button and wait for Windows to install the driver.
    9. You may be notified by windows about failure for driver verification, just select Continue Anyway
    10. Once done, it should successfully install the driver.
    11. Check if you phone can be detected now via the ADB Devices.

You can now use the TPSparky root tool to root your phone and install SuperUser.

USB VCOM and USB DA VCOM drivers
    • Launch your Device Manager and Expand the Ports (COM & LPT) section.
    • Resize the screen ofyour Device Manager in a way that you see the Ports section without having to scroll down the window.
    • Make this window always visible. Do not minimize it.

PART 1
    1. Turn off your phone and remove the battery.
    2. Plug your phone into your PC and wait for it to be detected.
    3. Windows should automatically bring up the Hardware Update Wizard.
      If it did not, that means you have not totally deleted the old drivers using the USB Deview tool.
    4. On the Hardware Update Wizard, select Install from a specific list or specific location (Advanced) option. Click Next.
    5. Choose Don't search. I will choose the driver to install option. Click Next.
    6. On the Hardware Type screen, select Show All Devices then click Next. (Some may not see this screen)
    7. Click the Have Disk... button.
    8. On the pop-up, click the Browse button and look for the driver in your hard drive. Open it then Click OK.
    9. Click the Next button and wait for Windows to install the driver.
    10. You may be notified by windows about failure for driver verification, just select Continue Anyway
    11. Once done, it should successfully install the driver.
    12. The device manager should refresh and you should see the driver in the Ports section.
      But then you will notice it will disappear, and you will hear the USB disconnected sound right away. This is alright.

PART 2
    1. Disconnect your phone from USB
    2. Insert the battery back
    3. Plug your phone into the computer again.
    4. You should be prompted for the drivers again.
    5. Follow the same steps above and use the same driver file.
    6. Once installed, the phone will disappear from Device Manager again. That is alright. Do not worry.

After Parts 1 and 2 above, you should have been able to install both the USB VCOM and USB DA VCOM drivers.
    You should now be able to flash using both of the flash tools.

SP-Flashtool can detect it but not SP-MDT tool
    In order for SP-MDT tool to work, your driver should be installed between COM1 and COM16.
    If not, then SP-MDT cannot flash your phone.

To solve it, you must force assign the COM port for your phone.
    These steps are a little tricky so you must have quick hands.
    1. Turn off your phone and disconnect from your computer
    2. Remove battery for a few seconds, then put it back. Don't turn on.
    3. On your device manager, focus your eyes on the Ports section
    4. Connect your phone to the USB.
    5. The device manager shall refresh and you should see your phone under the Ports section with the COM# in parenthesis (ex: COM8).
      If the COM# of your phone is COM17 and up, then we have to change it.
      Your eyes should be quick because this will disappear in a few seconds.
    6. Disconnect again the phone from USB.
    7. Remove battery again, then put it back.
    8. Now, position your mouse over the part where you saw your phone in the Ports section.
    9. Connect your phone to the USB.
    10. When the Device Manager refreshes and shows your devices, immediately double click it before it disappears again.
    11. The properties of the device should now pop-up.
    12. Click the Port Setttings tab and click the Advanced.. button.
    13. On the bottom of the new window is a COM Port Number drop-down menu, showing the current port # assigned to your phone.
    14. Click the drop-down and select any available COM ports between COM1 and COM16. (I used COM8 with mine).
    15. Click OK, then OK again.
    16. Disconnect and Reconnect your phone again and make sure that device manager already show it under the COM# you assigned.
    17. Your device should now be detected by the SP-MDT Tool.
    This method is rather troublesome. If your SP-Flash Tool is already working, then stick with it. It is not sensitive to the COM# port number.
    If you just want to set the correct drivers, simply open the scatter file of the ROM you want to flash with SP-MDT Tool, set the drivers, then exit SP-MDT Tool.
    What it does is it saves that setting somehow in the uboot of the ROM.
    Then open SP-Flashtool, open the scatter file of the same ROM you set with MDT earlier, flash the uboot.bin.
    It should flash the uboot with the proper driver setting you made in SP-MDT tool.

If this steps have helped you, I will really appreciate if you thank me using the Thanks button, before just replying to my post and saying thanks.

android_winusb.inf driver.
    Hi johnnysnavely,

Here is the steps that i followed,
    1) open the "Multiport Flash Tool" click on -> File -> Open Download Agent File, a file browser window will open, select "MTK_AllInOne_DA.bin" file. ->refer to attached SP_MPD1.jpg
    2) click on Scatter File Button, a file browser window will open, go to JUNE ROM Folder and select "MT6575_Android_scatter_emmc.txt" file -> refer to attached SP_MPD2.jpg
    3) click on the button with "????????" on the right hand side of the screen, a "Choose LCD and Sensor" would pop-up, click on unlock , choose
    0v5640_yuv (back camera), hi704_yuv (front camera), RX_50RM_392A (display) on the 3 dropdown box. -> refer to attached SP_MPD3.jpg
    4) choose "Preloader --> DA" on the bottom right of the screen.

you have to check all com ports on the pc/laptop, you can remove and uninstall/install the deivces/drivers, please check the below site ->"www"

aximusers.com/forum/threads/7507-Removing-hidden-Com-ports-on-PC-High-com-numbers.-> refer to attached ComPort.jpg
    5)your Phone driver should be installed with 3-16 com ports, if not, you have uninstall other devices that are grey and installl the phone driver again with the phone plug into usb port. later unplug the phone after phone driver installation.

6) click on "startall" and plug the phone to the USB port.

Hope this helps
    Thanks angelobiz for all your help.

I am a pure newbie :(

I tried to follow the tutorial about flasing but I do not know where to find the file MT6575_Android_scatter_emmc.txt !
    Should I create it ?

caviar

Here it is.