Looking for guidance, Noob with no experience but a massive idea.

Search This thread

si-83

Jun 14, 2014
Hello XDA-Dev's,

I have two huge idea's but no experience and I'm looking for a place to start. I wish i had the capital to just hire someone to do the coding but that isn't an option so I'm running with the idea of learning how to code and make the app and web interface myself.

I will keep this post for my development on the way, as almost an interactive diary of my business. All help towards my goal will be greatly appreciated and I hope to develop some strong relationships with members of the forum along the way.

So there is my introduction, now i'll give a brief for my challenge.

First of all i need to learn to build an app in android/iphone, I'll also need web interface, If you think facebook, your on the right lines. So here is my first question, what program and language should I use to create an app similar to facebook or linkedin? A comprehensive list of suggestions would be appreciated. Also good sources to learn coding? I'm sure there is a thread on it so i'll get hunting but likewise feel free to make suggestions.

The next question would be what type of web hosting will i need, what should i use to build the web interface, and any idea's on the kind of bankroll I will need for something with a few million users?

Last of all, how long do you all think this will take to achieve alone?

Thoughts, opinions and introductions would be hugely welcomed. This is going to take me years, but I'd be a fool if I didn't try and make the most of an obvious opportunity.

Regards,

Si

p.s if your a mod and there is a more suitable place for this post, please move it for me, it's my first post here so I'm alien to the layout right now.

Othosama

Jun 14, 2014
Hi,

From my personnal experience, i have two massive impressions about the coding universe, first it's a very pleasent world if you're interested by computer or programms mechanics. Learning how to structure an idea how to put a shape on something moreless abstract is an unique experience. But on the other hand this will drive you crazy sometimes, coding is a very strict language where you'll have to learn all of the basics first, but i can assure you that when you've learned the C or the Java or even Pascals basics, you become able to understand any other programm in any other language, the expressions or the designation objects are the only thing that'll change, it's like playing at a ps3 when used to xbox, almost ...
So coding is a very enjoyable experience but it takes time and will to master it, although huge programmes like facebook aren't based on just one language but it uses several ones like html/css for the structure of the website but this one is a kind of basic for every developper even if you're not interested by web design, also c# and c++ are the new platforms for algebra, then you have php to handle the servers of such a huge and massive network. There are so many other knowledge recquired to lead such a huge project that you can't do it alone. Despite that, if you take a good start in coding you'll be able to run other type of application on android for instance you'll need java or on pc my advise would be to start with C it's really easy at the beginig, in fact the only limitation is your imagination.

Good luck for your project

Envoyé de mon GT-I9505 avec XDA-FORUM, propulsé par appyet.com