[ROM] Frostmod 2.0

Search This thread

rootfan

Jul 20, 2011
Welcome Frostmod version 2.0. A lot of work has gone into this update that I hope you will enjoy. I've spent much time on making this rom highly customizable, in other words, almost nothing is unchangeable. In my frostmod tool box app, you can now change the font of the clock, switch between adw launcher, and gingerbread aosp launcher, and a assortment of boot animations. The old permanent ics lock screen is gone. The one in version 1.6 that required a reboot is to clunky. Now you can simply go into the cyanogenmod menu, and easily apply frostmod lockscreen. there is also no native theming. All my theme work is located in a single theme manager app. A lot of things have been added to my theme, just look at the settings menu. Also in the about phone menu, you will now see a button that says frostmod version. Click on it for a full changelog, help, thanks and more. The cyanogenmod base has also been updated to cyanogenmod 7.2.0 RC1.I hope you like this update. If you enjoy the rom, and the time I spent on it, make sure to give me a thanks:)

Bellow you will find a download link, and many screen shots. All screen shots have my theming applied, as well as ics clock font. The rom can easily be changed to have the "clean" look". If you have any comments, bug reports, or recomendations, please post them bellow;)

Frostmod 2.0:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/46535328/Frostmod_V2.0-Sholes.zip

Thanks Goes to:
CyanogenMod ofcourse for a incredible base ROM.
Peter Alfonso for his fantastic kernel's
koush,raidzero,birdman, and sirphyschos for the recoveries
team liberty for the launcher
HTC - for some icons

Disclaimer: I, nor anyone else but you can be responsible for your phone losing functionality, exploding, or self destructing kill you, your wife, and your children:p

Attachments

• screenshot-1335234194938.jpg
    screenshot-1335234194938.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 2,317
  • screenshot-1335234297476.jpg
    screenshot-1335234297476.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 2,100
  • screenshot-1335234334527.jpg
    screenshot-1335234334527.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 2,029
  • screenshot-1335234533558.jpg
    screenshot-1335234533558.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 1,886
  • screenshot-1335234544808.jpg
    screenshot-1335234544808.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 1,765
  • screenshot-1335234775865.jpg
    screenshot-1335234775865.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 1,673
  • screenshot-1335234832692.jpg
    screenshot-1335234832692.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 1,543
  • screenshot-1335242340815.jpg
    screenshot-1335242340815.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 1,847
  • screenshot-1335242199975.jpg
    screenshot-1335242199975.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 1,655
Last edited:

kunalasrani

Sep 7, 2011
Mumbai
I have built cyanogenmod from source code, and decided to throw some stuff together and make simple little rom. This rom is very fast,stable , and runs great. Here are the roms specs.

.Latest cm7 version 7.2 rc0
.Peter Alfonso's v3 IV 1.2 ghz kernel
.Latest superuser app and binary
.Removed cm wallpaper
.Removed several ringtones
.Removed CMUpdateNotify
.Removed CMstats
.Removed adwLauncher
.Removed Rom Manager
.Removed extra themes
.Added roboto font from ics sdk
.Added Aosp Launcher2
.Added all gapps
Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any destruction this rom might cause. It works just great for me. I flashed with cwm4.
Thanks goes to cyanogenmod for the fantastic rom, Peter Alfonso for a great Droid kernel, and goo inside me for the gapps.
Here is the download link, enjoy;)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/46535328/rootfan_CM7.2_Kang.zip

P.S. If you enjoy any of the work I put into assembling this rom, then show your appreciation by pressing the thanks button:)

hey when i am mounting my phone on pc ..
its getting connected but yhe phone is not visible on my pc .?
are u facing any prob like this .?

i chckd my sd card iin other phones .. it's working fine ..

rootfan

Jul 20, 2011
hey when i am mounting my phone on pc ..
its getting connected but yhe phone is not visible on my pc .?
are u facing any prob like this .?

i chckd my sd card iin other phones .. it's working fine ..

I Wish I was, then I could help you, but my phone on this rom is mounting just fine. Did you make sure to go into the menu and press Turn on USB storage:confused:

taptaptouch

Jul 23, 2010
Kalamazoo
Have you gotten it running on your phone? I've tried flashing multiple times with a wipe of everything and get a constant M

rootfan

Jul 20, 2011
[fixed] boot now

Have you gotten it running on your phone? I've tried flashing multiple times with a wipe of everything and get a constant M

I am extremely sorry, I had one that booted, but I just restored one of my stock froyo backups, and then flashed to this, and it does not work:mad: I am going to take down the download link for now, but I will have one up that works in around 30 minutes

Last edited:

rootfan

Jul 20, 2011
I believe I have fixed it, and it should boot now. Remember that this is pretty much stock cyanogenmod, but I am working on a great theme:D

anton2009

Aug 21, 2010
Lincoln, NE
Runs amazingly smooth. Went from CM7 to this, and everything is just so much snappier. Thanks for making a custom-built OG droid experience!

rootfan

Jul 20, 2011
Fan7 V2

Hello, this is a notification on my version 2 rom's progress. I have included a lot of new things, and have gone deeper into the source code. My next rom will have a better theme, but I am attempting to get most of theme into a theme Chooser app so you can decide if you want my themeing or not. There is also plenty of XML editing. I think you will get a few laughs out of my next version:D

I just have to work out a problem with the desk clock app:confused:

durandgir

Oct 21, 2010
Hello, this is a notification on my version 2 rom's progress. I have included a lot of new things, and have gone deeper into the source code. My next rom will have a better theme, but I am attempting to get most of theme into a theme Chooser app so you can decide if you want my themeing or not. There is also plenty of XML editing. I think you will get a few laughs out of my next version:D

I just have to work out a problem with the desk clock app:confused:

Thats very good news! (besides the whole desk clock problem) I like how your rom is shaping up, it's nice and stable, though for some reason it's really laggy on my phone, but I like your theme from your past version, especially the pull down menu :D

rootfan

Jul 20, 2011
I got a galaxy nexus for Christmas, and that along with a bunch of school stuff has made me spend little time on this project. I will try to release what I have got after I have finished up a few small things monday or tuesday

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome Frostmod version 2.0. A lot of work has gone into this update that I hope you will enjoy. I've spent much time on making this rom highly customizable, in other words, almost nothing is unchangeable. In my frostmod tool box app, you can now change the font of the clock, switch between adw launcher, and gingerbread aosp launcher, and a assortment of boot animations. The old permanent ics lock screen is gone. The one in version 1.6 that required a reboot is to clunky. Now you can simply go into the cyanogenmod menu, and easily apply frostmod lockscreen. there is also no native theming. All my theme work is located in a single theme manager app. A lot of things have been added to my theme, just look at the settings menu. Also in the about phone menu, you will now see a button that says frostmod version. Click on it for a full changelog, help, thanks and more. The cyanogenmod base has also been updated to cyanogenmod 7.2.0 RC1.I hope you like this update. If you enjoy the rom, and the time I spent on it, make sure to give me a thanks:)

Bellow you will find a download link, and many screen shots. All screen shots have my theming applied, as well as ics clock font. The rom can easily be changed to have the "clean" look". If you have any comments, bug reports, or recomendations, please post them bellow;)

Frostmod 2.0:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/46535328/Frostmod_V2.0-Sholes.zip

Thanks Goes to:
    CyanogenMod ofcourse for a incredible base ROM.
    Peter Alfonso for his fantastic kernel's
    koush,raidzero,birdman, and sirphyschos for the recoveries
    team liberty for the launcher
    HTC - for some icons

Disclaimer: I, nor anyone else but you can be responsible for your phone losing functionality, exploding, or self destructing kill you, your wife, and your children:p
    I just trtied loading it - wifi is broken...anyone else?
    I did try a fresh download too...seems pretty clean...

I haven't been able to load this up yet. try switching the kernal and see if that fixes wifi
    FrostMod 1.6

Hey guys. I have not been working with this rom for a while, but a new update will most likely be coming out this week. With it will come many new features. Im going to keep several of the them secret, but I will let you know that with this upgrade you will be able to easily switch between cyanogen lock screen, and my ice cream lock screen mod:)
    Hello. I'm just wondering what all of you are looking for in a new ROM release, or possibly another ROM entirely. Would you like another cyanogenmod release or possibly a light and fast aosp gingerbread or froyo. Just let me know. I need some new ideas:)