[Q] KK update is still not here on kies (N7100)

Search This thread

JovieBrett

Dec 17, 2012
Manila
Hi guys so I'm helping my friend's Note 2 to manually update it to KK via kies cause OTA is still not available when checking on 'Check for updates' (Yeah it's over a month now and the update is still not there! freaky sam****)
So our problem is the kies dashboard just displays 'Latest firmware' for her device and we cannot see any other option to check updates for KK on kies, that is just stupid :/ Her Note 2 is on JB 4.3, so my question is, is there any possible way on how to get rid of that 'Latest firmware' label on her device via Samsung Kies to be able to get the latest update?
If you're going to say about ODIN or any geeky things to do, she won't allow it lol, she's sick of that, she just wants to upgrade it manually over the kies.

Mohammed779

Dec 28, 2012
Probably her phone region is on a place that doesn't have the update yet.. aaand of course you cannot change that unless you use Odin.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: JovieBrett

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
Hi guys so I'm helping my friend's Note 2 to manually update it to KK via kies cause OTA is still not available when checking on 'Check for updates' (Yeah it's over a month now and the update is still not there! freaky sam****)
So our problem is the kies dashboard just displays 'Latest firmware' for her device and we cannot see any other option to check updates for KK on kies, that is just stupid :/ Her Note 2 is on JB 4.3, so my question is, is there any possible way on how to get rid of that 'Latest firmware' label on her device via Samsung Kies to be able to get the latest update?
If you're going to say about ODIN or any geeky things to do, she won't allow it lol, she's sick of that, she just wants to upgrade it manually over the kies.

Only France and India got it via Kies or OTA. So if her phone ain't from those regions she got to wait. As you said she won't allow Odin so tell her to calm down and enjoy 4.3 lol

FloatingFatMan

Apr 20, 2005
I don't think any OEM does that,do they?Anyhow 4.4.2 is seeding to south east asian countries of Philippines , Malaysia , Indonesia and Vietnam .Build # is ND4

Very helpful... For those not in south east Asia...

And no, no OEM does that; but that doesn't mean they shouldn't! Over a month now, and still barely rolled out anywhere officially.

At this rate, it'll take them a year to roll out everywhere.

JovieBrett

Dec 17, 2012
Manila
Probably her phone region is on a place that doesn't have the update yet.. aaand of course you cannot change that unless you use Odin.

Only France and India got it via Kies or OTA. So if her phone ain't from those regions she got to wait. As you said she won't allow Odin so tell her to calm down and enjoy 4.3 lol

Would be nice if Samsung actually told people what the release schedule was...

I don't think any OEM does that,do they?Anyhow 4.4.2 is seeding to south east asian countries of Philippines , Malaysia , Indonesia and Vietnam .Build # is ND4

And no, no OEM does that; but that doesn't mean they shouldn't! Over a month now, and still barely rolled out anywhere officially.

First of all, thanks guys for giving me time answering my stupid question lol, I've ran out of thanks and I promise I'll give you thanks back later! :)
So yeah why the fvck did samsht announced that they would be releasing the 4.4.2 update so early as last month if they can't even roll out as soon as possible? that's insane it's almost a month now and the update is not even rolling out here (btw I live in Manila, Ph) :eek:
I agree with @FloatingFatMan, they should have not told people what the REAL thing of the release schedule was :silly: talking about France and India, omfg lol we can now really foretell the future that it would probably take them for years to completely release the update world wide :silly: Google is preparing to release the 4.4.3 update and samsht is still smoking weeds to think about the update :eek: I wonder what will my friend think about this lol. I actually told her that rooting is the best thing that would happen on her device, encouraging her to flash CM11 on it but she's sick of these things haha, she's scared of bricking her phone lol but I told her that I'm the one that will gonna guide her doing those stuff, but it all ended up saying NO ahaha.

Last edited:

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
First of all, thanks guys for giving me time answering my stupid question lol, I've ran out of thanks and I promise I'll give you thanks back later! :)
So yeah why the fvck did samsht announced that they would be releasing the 4.4.2 update so early as last month if they can't even roll out as soon as possible? that's insane it's almost a month now and the update is not even rolling out here (btw I live in Manila, Ph) :eek:
I agree with @FloatingFatMan, they should have not told people what the REAL thing of the release schedule was :silly: talking about France and India, omfg lol we can now really foretell the future that it would probably take them for years to completely release the update world wide :silly: Google is preparing to release the 4.4.3 update and samsht is still smoking weeds to think about the update :eek: I wonder what will my friend think about this lol.
Well check the update OTA or via kies since you are in Manila.

Talking about 4.4.3 by Google I doubt it would bring anything major to phones except bug fixes that plagued the Nexus devices.The more bigger announcement would be at the Google I/O when we might hear about Android 4.5 or 5 ,who knows and this might be the very last update we would get from Samsung/Google judging by the 2 year policy of Google to support devices

Mabuhay (I am not Pinoy)

Last edited:

JovieBrett

Dec 17, 2012
Manila
Well check the update OTA or via kies since you are in Manila.

Mabuhay (I am not Pinoy)

Already tried that for a few times, still no response :| we've actually did some dumb shts on her phone like clearing the 'google services framework' (which is a workaround forcing OTA update to receive on Nexus phones) and we end up screwing her phone lol, still not working :silly:

Yeah I agree, it's almost a half a month now before Google I/O will start and I don't think that they will possibly release a bug fix update (4.4.3) on a short amount of time before they actually release a major update on IO.

Last edited:

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
Already tried that for a few times, still no response :| we've actually did some dumb shts on her phone like clearing the 'google services framework' (which is a workaround forcing OTA update to receive on Nexus phones) and we end up screwing her phone lol, still not working :silly:
Nice of her to still trust you with her note II in the hope it won't be messed up this time around.Oh well I am sure in few days time you'll get notified ota if not then do what you do best.Mess up her phone..LOL

JovieBrett

Dec 17, 2012
Manila
Nice of her to still trust you with her note II in the hope it won't be messed up this time around.Oh well I am sure in few days time you'll get notified ota if not then do what you do best.Mess up her phone..LOL

Well, it's her choice and she doesn't care what I am really actually doing on her phone lol, she's trusting me, our frienship would only break if her phone won't boot anymore past the bootlogo hahaha.

eddytan95

May 18, 2012

according to samsung...only india and france available~~~

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.