Would unlocked Z2 work in US? (AT&T)

Search This thread

mizerab1e

Jun 28, 2010
Hello guys, as title says, if I were to obtained a unlocked Z2, would it have full functionality in USA such as 4G/LTE? I looked a the radio bands listed in their specs and compared it to what AT&T uses, I noticed there were some but not all bands that matched. I would appreciate any help, thank you!

theclueless

Jul 30, 2008
Chicago
Hello guys, as title says, if I were to obtained a unlocked Z2, would it have full functionality in USA such as 4G/LTE? I looked a the radio bands listed in their specs and compared it to what AT&T uses, I noticed there were some but not all bands that matched. I would appreciate any help, thank you!

i got the tw version d6503, it works with att lte

mizerab1e

Jun 28, 2010
i got the tw version d6503, it works with att lte

Thank you so much for that information, I've been talking to AT&T rep trying to figure this out, but seems like all the bands AT&T uses for 3G/4G/LTE is listed in D6503 specs.

Do you have any issues using it in the States, or does it everything function as it should? I would truly appreciate your help, thank you.

mizerab1e

Jun 28, 2010
Can you post a link to where you ordered it from? Also, how long did it take to get here?
also price and accessories that come with it :D

Only place I know for a fact you can order it and get it to US soon is using Ebay and buying it off Taiwanese seller. Looks like it's selling for about $900 right now...

BolinMedia

Jul 28, 2008
reception?

I have been trying to find info on how good the reception on the phone is.. My s4 has **** reception. the htc one I have has much better reception when im at work. I am hovering over a "Buy it Now" button on ebay :) and want to find out if it has good reception. Also, how is the stock messaging app? I hate using third party ones, they usually have quirks, but again, cant find any info on what the email or messaging apps look like at all.

AirSupply

Mar 6, 2008
You should try Textra. It is the best sms app I have used on Android.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

gclancer

Jun 27, 2012
Just got my unlocked z2 on ebay and it works with att lte. This phone is compatible with 10 lte bands. B17, lte700 is also included. This phone is awesome:thumbup:

Sent from my D6503 using xda app-developers app

gclancer

Jun 27, 2012
Here's the screen shot of all the support ed lte bands

Last edited:

gclancer

Jun 27, 2012

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1396474681519.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396474681519.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 686
Reactions: Mobe1969

BolinMedia

Jul 28, 2008
review coming soon to my youtube

I ordered mine from eBay. Should have it by next Friday. Will have a huge review of it the following week (or sooner) coving all the pros, and the few cons. I cant wait for it to arrive. One awesome thing I noticed was that the dock had the insert that comes out to fit your phone into it while still in the case!!!! Genius! I will be buying a couple extra docks I think.
:highfive:

Reactions: Mobe1969

AirSupply

Mar 6, 2008
Just got my unlocked z2 on ebay and it works with att lte. This phone is compatible with 10 lte bands. B17, lte700 is also included. This phone is awesome:thumbup:

Did you order the phone from the Taiwanese sellers? I am thinking about buying from them ....

Mobe1969

Apr 4, 2013
Brisbane
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
I ordered mine from eBay. Should have it by next Friday. Will have a huge review of it the following week (or sooner) coving all the pros, and the few cons. I cant wait for it to arrive. One awesome thing I noticed was that the dock had the insert that comes out to fit your phone into it while still in the case!!!! Genius! I will be buying a couple extra docks I think.

Would you be able to check out wifi range also? compared to other phones? I have an XZ, and have never been happy with the wifi (so much worse than my old iponw 3gs).

gclancer

Jun 27, 2012
I ordered mine from a random Taiwanese seller on ebay. I went for whichever is the cheapest. But i do see some that includes the charging dock. I guess you just have to read the description of each auction to see what they come with

DroidApprentice

Nov 7, 2010
What's the usual deal with Sony warranties on the unlocked/international version? Could you still get the phone serviced at a Sony center or replaced by calling in an issue if you needed to?

I've never bought an international/unlocked/SIM free type phone before but if Sony fails to bring it to the USA carriers I'm interested in I see no other choice.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What's the usual deal with Sony warranties on the unlocked/international version? Could you still get the phone serviced at a Sony center or replaced by calling in an issue if you needed to?

I've never bought an international/unlocked/SIM free type phone before but if Sony fails to bring it to the USA carriers I'm interested in I see no other choice.

I would like to know about this as well. I am waiting on Sony to announce but they are taking their sweet time.

I preordered the Z2 from Handtec UK (I'm in the US) and had that exact same question. Their reply was this: "Thank you for your enquiry.
    Please note that Sony Xperia Z2 - White comes with 24 months international warranty. You will be able to contact the local Sony service centre in case of malfunctioning of the device."
    Can you post a link to where you ordered it from? Also, how long did it take to get here?
    also price and accessories that come with it :D

i had a friend got it from taiwan and shipped it to me, cost about $800

comes with a headphone MDR-NC31E headphone that does noise cancellation (works pretty well), and a dock.
    Here's the screen shot of all the support ed lte bands

You might want to edit that pic & hide your IMEI
    review coming soon to my youtube