[Q] SD card become read only

Search This thread

smallchi

May 26, 2010
I am using Samsung 64G with FAT32 formatting, it's very normal before. But I found it will become read only mode now and need to reboot mobile everytime. Unfortunately, same problem occur again after few days and need to reboot again.
I just wondering it's device or SD card issue? Thanks!

androidfreak70

Feb 12, 2014
here!
I am using Samsung 64G with FAT32 formatting, it's very normal before. But I found it will become read only mode now and need to reboot mobile everytime. Unfortunately, same problem occur again after few days and need to reboot again.
I just wondering it's device or SD card issue? Thanks!
Did you tried that SDcard on another device?

m0oskk

Sep 1, 2007
I had a similar problem with my SanDisk 64GB. Unfortunately, the thing was borked. I could still read from it, but couldn't write anything to it. These symptoms appeared on both the phone and computers (via SD adapter and via phone's USB).

Just sharing my experience.

smallchi

May 26, 2010
I had a similar problem with my SanDisk 64GB. Unfortunately, the thing was borked. I could still read from it, but couldn't write anything to it. These symptoms appeared on both the phone and computers (via SD adapter and via phone's USB).

Just sharing my experience.

are you able to write after reboot mobile?

m0oskk

Sep 1, 2007
are you able to write after reboot mobile?

Well, the sd card is long gone now. But no, I wasn't able to. I would be able to move files onto it, via a file browser, but it would disappear on reboot or if I stuck the SD card into a computer. Which meant that nothing was written to the card itself.

androidfreak70

Feb 12, 2014
here!
I can use it in computer, and as the problem didn't occur immediately, so it's hard to test with other device.
i think it's the device issue. because you saying the problem didn"t occur immediately. if the SDcard issue you most see it read only in PC. and whats you android version in your device? if 4.1.2 you most change it to 4.2.2 or 4.3 because 4.1.2 don't support 64GB SDcards

smallchi

May 26, 2010
i think it's the device issue. because you saying the problem didn"t occur immediately. if the SDcard issue you most see it read only in PC. and whats you android version in your device? if 4.1.2 you most change it to 4.2.2 or 4.3 because 4.1.2 don't support 64GB SDcards

I am using eXistenZ v6.6 which is 4.3 now.
May be I will try to re-format the card and new flash the ROM again.

smallchi

May 26, 2010
After backup the files from SD to hard disk, and format the SD card, it show failed with write protected error. Tried different card reader / adapter also the same!!!
This is second SD card "dead" with my Xperia Z!!!