Using tf701 dock

Search This thread

vampyric_blood

Nov 23, 2013
Has anyone tried using the tf701 dock with the tf700. I. Am looking at getting the dock so my tablet can replace my laptop and i am trying to look at all the options. I am really interested if this would work so i can have a usb 3.0 port instead of 2.0. I know the tf701 is .3mm thicker that the tf700, but i do have a screen protector and carbon fiber back protector on it so maybe that will fill in the gap.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

wotlos

Jul 10, 2008
Chicago
nope.

Has anyone tried using the tf701 dock with the tf700. I. Am looking at getting the dock so my tablet can replace my laptop and i am trying to look at all the options. I am really interested if this would work so i can have a usb 3.0 port instead of 2.0. I know the tf701 is .3mm thicker that the tf700, but i do have a screen protector and carbon fiber back protector on it so maybe that will fill in the gap.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

There have been alot of discussions about the new TF701 and its dock. The main issues revolve around the new (smaller) proprietary connector on the TF701, so to answer your question no, unfortunately the data connections don't mate.

allendj81

Sep 26, 2010
LBC, CA
I've been using the tf300 keyboard and it works flawlessly! The tablet fits a bit loose on the keyboard bay but I just use some leftovers of a skin protector that I had from an older phone to make some padding to make if fit a bit tighter. The tf300 battery has a bigger battery than the tf700 one.