How to unthrottle yourself!

Search This thread

mchao92

Dec 27, 2008
Thank you very much for your resource! However, when I put the APN settings into my phone, there is no radio button to select the HSPA+ APN. Do you happen to have a solution for me?

s1mpd1ddy

Feb 24, 2011

TASL

Nov 26, 2011
Los Angeles USA
When I tried method one back on my skyrocket, using a blackberry, the blackberry data plan did not work with my android phone. Most guides tell you that you need to call and switch your data plan back to tte phone you want to use. It doesn't matter that it reverts you to the original phone, it is the fact that the throttled plan is initially removed.

Next time I get throttled I'm going to try switching data plans through the My Att apparently, which should also ttrigger the removal of the throttled data plan. Save me the hassle of having to call.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA App

TASL

Nov 26, 2011
Los Angeles USA
Also the APN should be:

Name: whatever u want
APN: phone
APN type: internet

The separately for mms:

Name: whatever
APN: all that cingular junk
APN type: MMS

The reason it did not have a radio button for u is because you set it to only mms (which is what the guide told you to do without stating it was for mms only).

Reactions: Maroon Mushroom

Maroon Mushroom

Jul 15, 2010
Portland, Oregon
When I tried method one back on my skyrocket, using a blackberry, the blackberry data plan did not work with my android phone. Most guides tell you that you need to call and switch your data plan back to tte phone you want to use. It doesn't matter that it reverts you to the original phone, it is the fact that the throttled plan is initially removed.

Next time I get throttled I'm going to try switching data plans through the My Att apparently, which should also ttrigger the removal of the throttled data plan. Save me the hassle of having to call.

That's why you can do it with any HSPA android IMEI.

Maroon Mushroom

Jul 15, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Also the APN should be:

The separately for mms:

The reason it did not have a radio button for u is because you set it to only mms (which is what the guide told you to do without stating it was for mms only).

Thanks. Forgot to divide the APNs. Updated guide.

Johnsondr80

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2010
Tuscaloosa
We already know that's not the case though. If AT&T forced everyone over, there would be a public outcry from 100% of the unlimited users. But right now, only 5% of those users are being hurt by this.

Getting throttled while using 2gb is NOT abuse of the network.

And those two percent cave in.....and tier theirplan to enjoy service again.
Allowing at&t to grab the next 2% to refill the top 5%.

They are killing it softly.
Had a friend to cave in. I was there when he was throttled once. It was like stoneage edge network....no thanks!
T_T

vizographic

Feb 19, 2008
Maroon, this insanity must stop! Post after post, chockfull of relevant and usefully info......at this rate I'm going to run out of thanks, show some mercy. Oh hell, thanks again Maroon!
;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Reactions: Maroon Mushroom

Maroon Mushroom

Jul 15, 2010
Portland, Oregon

Had a friend to cave in. I was there when he was throttled once. It was like stoneage edge network....no thanks!
T_T

I'm going to stay on unlimited no matter what.

There's no way they're going to make me pay more than 30/month just to access the internet.

Reactions: ashies7

ashies7

Apr 29, 2011
Missouri
Maroon, this insanity must stop! Post after post, chockfull of relevant and usefully info......at this rate I'm going to run out of thanks, show some mercy. Oh hell, thanks again Maroon!
;)

Changing the imei doesn't always work... Was throttled on day two of having the note, showing zero data used. Apn trick from skyrocket forums undid it :)) and the rep told me, any unlimited user that uses more than 1.5 GB is in "throttle ville"... Total BS!

Well on the way to my fairytale!

parcsalooc

May 20, 2008
Richmond Virginia
I told you the apn method worked before like i used on the skyrocket and you shot me down saying it doesn't work. Been using this method for months

Reactions: 00mred00

Jamesyboy

Jun 5, 2010
Chicago, IL

Imabitslow

Aug 23, 2011
Winston-Salem
New data Untrottle Method

Hi, hows everyone? I was messing around and found another way to unthrottle data speeds on the at&t network. i have a motorola atrix 2 as my device and found this new technique useful as well with a few other devices. so lets get started first you must have your device rooted, second, program your device to get free tethering, after taking care of this, the last step is crucial. on the beginning of your cycle (which is on the 6 of every month i believe) connect your device to your p.c. via usb and activate usb tether. now this is crucial in order for it to work once your device is giving your p.c. internet access use up at least 7 GB of data on your pc not your device. so basically use 7 GB of data via usb tethering. a helpful tip would be to download My data manager, it helps you track how much data is being consumed during your plan cycle. after this unplug your devise from you pc and now your data speed should be at normal speed no throttle. remember do this process at the very beginning of every month of your plan cycle.

Reactions: s1mpd1ddy

Agoattamer

Jan 25, 2010
PA
Hi, hows everyone? I was messing around and found another way to unthrottle data speeds on the at&t network. i have a motorola atrix 2 as my device and found this new technique useful as well with a few other devices. so lets get started first you must have your device rooted, second, program your device to get free tethering, after taking care of this, the last step is crucial. on the beginning of your cycle (which is on the 6 of every month i believe) connect your device to your p.c. via usb and activate usb tether. now this is crucial in order for it to work once your device is giving your p.c. internet access use up at least 7 GB of data on your pc not your device. so basically use 7 GB of data via usb tethering. a helpful tip would be to download My data manager, it helps you track how much data is being consumed during your plan cycle. after this unplug your devise from you pc and now your data speed should be at normal speed no throttle. remember do this process at the very beginning of every month of your plan cycle.

Oh yeah! What a great solution. Waste 7GB on your PC to somehow avoid throttling. And you want to know why ATT throttles?

jpoirier587

Nov 6, 2009
Seeing as current data plans max at 5GB and the old unlimited offered 6GB using 7GB would push you past your limit and you would start incurring data overage charges and be screwed for the whole month.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1341718067289.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1341718067289.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 293

Imabitslow

Aug 23, 2011
Winston-Salem
well its what i accidentally found out while bored. my internet at home was down etc. and i remembered that i could use the tethering on my phone so i hooked it up. after watching a few movies on netflix i realized that i had gone over 7gb on my grandfathered unlimited data plan. when i disconnected my phone i realized i received no message on my phone about the 5% heavy data users and i also noticed that for the rest of my plan cycle, my data speed was unaffected. so to prove my theory i tried it again the next month and it seems to work. this is just a suggestion seeing as at&t has no right to expect me to pay unlimited data then throttle it, screw them.

jpoirier587

Nov 6, 2009
Actually they do. It's in the contract you signed. Am I entitled to some of the food me and my roommates buy? Yes. Am I entitled to eat all of it? No. Stop acting like the world owes you.something.

Reactions: Agoattamer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Big thanks to the group of testers that PM'd me!

I posted a guide for you guys to unthrottle yourself.

DISCLAIMER: STILL UNDER TESTING AND METHODS MAY BE PATCHED

Sorry but I'm not going to repost the guide here. Giving you guys a link to the thread because I promised you guys I would write one.
    Also the APN should be:

The separately for mms:

;)

T_T

I'm going to stay on unlimited no matter what.

There's no way they're going to make me pay more than 30/month just to access the internet.
    I told you the apn method worked before like i used on the skyrocket and you shot me down saying it doesn't work. Been using this method for months