Update galaxy note official ics 4.0(stock)

Search This thread

iisafuanii

Aug 23, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Came from stunner and i dont have any issue or whatsoever. Just that when i make video call, takes a few attempt before it can connect. Maybe this is modem issue. Or maybe i know nothing bout nothing. :cool:

Fyi- my phone unable to boot after i flash this ics thru mobile odin. Once i did a full wipe on cwm , then it bootup nicely.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA

jaraya13

Jun 30, 2008
San Jose
I installed this stock Germany ROM but was having some issues like the device becoming really really hot, even when screen off, unresponsive Swype keyboard, etc.

Then I decided to flash ICS Rocket ROM v1 and now my Note is running great. Ah ok, I also installed LPF kernel after that.

iampoch

Apr 28, 2011
My touchscreen's responsiveness becomes inconsistent over time :-( is there a way to fix this? If not, I'll just go back to GB.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Thefanatics

mccmjoon76

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2009
My touchscreen's responsiveness becomes inconsistent over time :-( is there a way to fix this? If not, I'll just go back to GB.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Should be very smooth ? My build base on the LPY stock rom ..after heavy using it for almost one week .. still smooth and fast !

PS: And I'm delete some apps in system/app to free some space ..now have 50 mb of free memory :)

Advise.. u must know what are u doing when applied this mod.. good luck..

Send from my MixTheme Note_ICS using XDA premium

mccmjoon76

Jul 27, 2009
Device is burning hot since the update, is there an official thread adressing the issue?

I have this issue before..I'm just reinstall the LPY kernel using mobile odin.The hit issue solved. Good luck..

jaskiratsingh

With ICS the debugging mode behaviour has changed. Now when i connect the device in debugging mode, it connects as media device and not USB storage as in GB. Can someone tell me how to connect the device as USB storage as in GB in debugging mode in ICS?

Secondly when i copy an apk from adb, i get the below error message:
cp SystemUI_mod1.apk /system/app/SystemUI_mod1.apk
cp: can't stat 'SystemUI_mod1.apk': Value too large for defined data type

I have deodexed /system/app and /system/framework but am unable to move the files because of that above error message. Is someone else having the same issue?

Thanks

Reactions: mccmjoon76

mccmjoon76

Jul 27, 2009
With ICS the debugging mode behaviour has changed. Now when i connect the device in debugging mode, it connects as media device and not USB storage as in GB. Can someone tell me how to connect the device as USB storage as in GB in debugging mode in ICS?

Secondly when i copy an apk from adb, i get the below error message:
cp SystemUI_mod1.apk /system/app/SystemUI_mod1.apk
cp: can't stat 'SystemUI_mod1.apk': Value too large for defined data type

I have deodexed /system/app and /system/framework but am unable to move the files because of that above error message. Is someone else having the same issue?

Thanks

Oops accidentally hit the thanks button again :)

I'm already post a solution how to active the usb transfer some where here or others thread ? Try to search it..

And to guys that like the s3 live wallpaper here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=26265385

Enjoy...

Reactions: jaskiratsingh

jaskiratsingh

Reactions: mccmjoon76

louisebb

Jan 1, 2008
Just sharing.
Some say that their device is dying after doing a factory reset in settings. I did once reset and still everything works well. May be I'm fortunate ;). Now, it really puzzled me what going on from other device:confused:

RochiWizz

Mar 7, 2009
****...I got the deep sleep issue. Was working fine till last night, charged the device the whole night and no more deep sleep. Funny thing is that i reflashed and hard resset but no luck. Any suggestion guys?

This may not be anything to do with the ROM/Kernel there are apps and widgets that causes deep sleep not to work. I started a thread about this but only 2 suggestions sofar

Deep sleep issues

eugenedfourie

Jan 29, 2009
Johannesburg
With ICS lpy kernel just don't restore backup build or done full wipe.. u will be safe.

I have reflashed, done a factory wipe (before doing a factory reset, I tried with just having reflashed to ROM), and did not restore any back ups - problem persists... Strange thing is - for a day or two after I flashed ICS, I could download apps via Play over the mobile network, and it just stopped doing it all of a sudden.

Last edited:

toxicthunder

Mar 24, 2012
New Delhi
I have reflashed, done a factory wipe (before doing a factory reset, I tied with just having reflashed to ROM), and did not restore any back ups - problem persists... Strane thing is - for a day or two after I flashed ICS, I could downloa apps via Play over the mobile network, and it just stopped doing it all of a sudden.
am not sure whether you've done things correctly. seems pretty muddled up to me.

please read abhisahara's guide before proceeding. its a sticky in this forum.

(pssstt....or you could download this toolbar - all guides are collected at one place)

Reactions: marcadious

eugenedfourie

Jan 29, 2009
Johannesburg
Google Play and ICS

am not sure whether you've done things correctly. seems pretty muddled up to me.

please read abhisahara's guide before proceeding. its a sticky in this forum.

(pssstt....or you could download this toolbar - all guides are collected at one place)

I follow the exact procedure, and flash the rom perfectly, and for all intents and purposes, my Note runs ICS, with just one small issue - it cannot download apps from Google Play over a mobile data network - there is internet connectivity, can browse etc. It only downoads over wifi from Play, or I can alternatively install apk.

toxicthunder

Mar 24, 2012
New Delhi
I follow the exact procedure, and flash the rom perfectly, and for all intents and purposes, my Note runs ICS, with just one small issue - it cannot download apps from Google Play over a mobile data network - there is internet connectivity, can browse etc. It only downoads over wifi from Play, or I can alternatively install apk.
try clearing you Market Cache. Also check your APN settings.

zalmd06

May 20, 2012
Braga
does anyone runing this ICS has his SGN feelling a bit lazzy?? that is a bit slower then stock ginger?

mine is, but with no known bugs till the time...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Model:GT-N7000
    Version:N7000XXLPY
    Android 4.0.3
    Date:2012 May
    Open Germany

Download:
    http://www.hotfile.com/dl/155490069/c7932d4/N7000XXLPY_N7000OXALPY_DBT.zip.html

from Dr.Ketan:

Who are on i9220 ROM n bootloader, don't use PC Odin to flash this stock I've ROM.
    Mobile Odin is still safe for that too.

Originally Posted by lee yun khong

Big thanks to Dr.ketan and Chainfire.

First ICS for Note
    N7000XXLPY 4.0.3 2012 May N7000OXALPY Open Germany posted to OP
    This is Non Wipe version
    Installation note : How to update from GB ROM to ICS

Install using Mobile Odin safely
    - Download N extract ROM
    - Copy Extracted file to a folder e.g ICS ROM On Ext/Int SD card
    - Download CF Root for LPY
    - Extract CF root till get zImage file
    - Copy zImage file to same above said folder in SD car
    - Open Mobile Odin
    - Select 'Open file' N point to ROM file
    - select Kernel tab N point to zImage file
    - select Ever Root option
    - Flash
    - You will get ICS ROM + Root + CWM

Note After flsing finish, it will optimize installed application for ICS, then will auto restart
    I have experienced Applicatioin installer crash first time, Then i have restarted device
    Then again application Installation happened N worked Normally
    Titanium Backup, checked. I have restore one old app N worked without issue.

Good Luck!

For those who want to flash the latest ics rom from GB rooted rom., Please follow the instruction provided by DR.ketan, I did follow his instruction completely and ICS loaded with rooted.

I would not say the given instruction will 100% work to all user since we might not know what really mess up with your personal storage after flashing rom and mod so many times.

Just to remind all, please do backup in cwm before proceed to any step as noted above.

video tut on how to upgrade to stock ics (thanks goes to ashwin123)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjB8IsarMN8
    Here i can give you a mirror that i host.

60Mbits speed so be gentle.

http://syrefaen.mooo.com/upload/N7000XXLPY_N7000OXALPY_DBT.zip

I hope thats not against any rules.
    Chainfire we need ROOT:)
    Okay. Got this installed on my N7000 directly from LB2 (Gingerbread). So just in case it might be helpful, here's how I did it. And if you happen to be a noob, I'd advise against doing this. But if you insist, make sure to do a nandroid backup first!

1.) Start from rooted GB with MobileODIN Pro installed.

2.) Download new LPY ICS firmware as well as new Chainfire CF-Root kernel 5.3 for LPY.

3.) Extract LPY firmware to get to the *.tar.md5 file. Extract the CF-Root kernel *.zip to get the *.tar file. Then extract the *.tar to get to the zImage file. You should now have a firmware *.tar.md5 file and a CF-Root kernel zImage file with no extension.

4.) Open MobileODIN Pro and select "Open File". Navigate to the firmware *.tar.md5 file and select it.

5.) Still in MobileODIN Pro, select "Kernel". Navigate to and select the CF-Root kernel zImage file.

6.) Now make sure that the "EverRoot" and both "Inject" options are selected. Also select to wipe Dalvik.

7.) Proceed to check md5 sum and flash.

8.) After flash, first boot might give you a black screen instead of the TW launcher. Just reboot and it should be fine.

I claim no responsibility for any damages resulting fron the use of this guide. You follow this guide at your own risk. Flashing firmware may damage or total your device. You have been warned.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
    Flashing!!!!!
    Android is optimizing application's,done with mobileodin without wipe!!!!