kitkat update is just a junk... don't update.

Search This thread

amitsharma.atc

Jul 1, 2008
Hello friends

Many note 10.1 owners were waiting for kitkat update
Now its available...
But its a total junk
I would recommend pls don't update it
Its trim down many of its essential features for nothing

1. Lock screen is ugly now there is no option to reduce size of giant missed notifications,
app shortcuts is on right side only not in canter like before,
only right hand can be use to swipe unlock, swiping on left side can't unlock

2. S pen detach menu options has been gone... now there is no options when you pull out s pen... its a total shame Samsung

3. OS UI is just like phone not like tablet... there are only 3 soft buttons on bottom now just like nexus phone and upper part is just like mobile notification bar and also very tiny its very hard to use it like a tablet...

4. Air view in gallery is very tiny... don't know what the f**k they hv done to it...
Same problem also with video air preview and massages n emails app ... very tiny..

5. Almost All apps are same **** like before no update at all
only very few apps like calculator dealing app etc. are slightly changed

But worth update in my opinion....... NOOOOOOOOOOOO

And if you just want kitkat which is another junk from Google

I think jelly bean was also very stable n yes its work on tablet UI...

but now I hv 10.1 screen n hv to tap here n there just to operate this....

Thanks
Sorry for my bad English
N someone pls tell me how to revert back to jellybean official Indian firmware
Thanks

One more new problem I found today: keyboard has lost its gesture control to change keyboard's layouts
you hv to set it up manually...

update : no more floting windows option in multi windows just 2 fixed windows..... helllllllll

Last edited:

AndriiG

Nov 24, 2010
I agree with you that Samsung's implementation of 4.4 and Android in general sucks. But that is where agreement stops. Original Google 4.4 and actually 4.3 as well as 4.2 are very usable and nice looking operational system. And pretty functional too. I feel sorry for all of this millions of Samsung's that stuck with what ever company put on their tablets and phones that are very nicely designed hardware but software Samsung is using not a much for hardware. If you are brave root your device and install one of the non- official close to real Google KitKat firmware and you will be shocked how much better it is. Just mine 2cc. Note 10.1 Original 2012 with OmniROM.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk

link6155

Nov 20, 2013
1. I would disagree with you, I think it's an improvement over the old lockscreen: https://hostr.co/file/bRNkmTritpRP/1401072520160.png

2. You can use GMD S Pen to get back the menu that shows up when you pull out the s pen. For me, I found it pointless because it wasn't very customizable nor convenient for me.

3. That's Android's fault, buttons are center now, even on stock AOSP rom.

4. I agree with you that the air view is not that great, but for me this isn't a deal breaker.

5. Not necessarily a bad thing, people have already ported many apps from the Note 10.1 (2014) and other newer devices onto our note.

Google isn't to blame for the issues you have, Samsung is. KitKat actually has many great improvements on our Note 10.1 (being able to move apps to SD Card, more apps are compatible, and overall better performance.

If you insist on going back, you need to flash the old rom via Mobile Odin, but you won't be able to flash the bootloader because of KNOX.

jebll

May 3, 2012
Medan
I'm just waiting to see he they make an update that posts out the mess or if one of the many custom roms comes up to the mark soon ie. With all the features working and the original interface.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using xda app-developers app

jdgreat4

May 25, 2011
>Use Gnabo stock rom v3
>Profit
In my own personal experience I've seen that the performance improvement is leaps and bounds over the 4.1.2 any day and that's all I really care about.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

filchi756

Sep 29, 2010
Tarlac city
>Use Gnabo stock rom v3
>Profit
In my own personal experience I've seen that the performance improvement is leaps and bounds over the 4.1.2 any day and that's all I really care about.

100% agreed!

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

1. I would disagree with you, I think it's an improvement over the old lockscreen: https://hostr.co/file/bRNkmTritpRP/1401072520160.png

2. You can use GMD S Pen to get back the menu that shows up when you pull out the s pen. For me, I found it pointless because it wasn't very customizable nor convenient for me.

4. I agree with you that the air view is not that great, but for me this isn't a deal breaker.

5. Not necessarily a bad thing, people have already ported many apps from the Note 10.1 (2014) and other newer devices onto our note.

Google isn't to blame for the issues you have, Samsung is. KitKat actually has many great improvements on our Note 10.1 (being able to move apps to SD Card, more apps are compatible, and overall better performance.

If you insist on going back, you need to flash the old rom via Mobile Odin, but you won't be able to flash the bootloader because of KNOX.

:good:

Reactions: roadwarrior1216

krid.of-k

Aug 14, 2010
Duisburg
kridofk.kr.ohost.de
Hello friends

Now its available...
But its a total junk

Hallo,

That my mine.

KitKat Update for the Flagship Device, Note 10.1 (2012), is a Shame, a Quick and dirty Update, only they can say we update to Kitkat.

No new Feature (Air Command), Old Software (Weather) convert to new ROM.

The Center Buttons and the Lockscreen come from Google.

In the Future i don't buy any Flagship Device from Samsung, i buy any Budget Device and after 12 Month i drop it into the Trash and buy a newer, but not from Samsung.

Last edited:
Reactions: karaern and kreml0n

enigma_x

Jan 1, 2013
In the Future i don't buy any Flagship Device from Samsung, i buy any Budget Device and after 12 Month i drop it into the Trash and buy a newer.

This is exactly what they want you to do. Buy and consume... unfotunately we have money to consume and pollute environment for nothing.

I have begun thinking to get Surface for my next tablet when my N8000 is end of its life. Allthought three things was necessary to me - a tablet, phone and a pen - to have in one package, i need to think it all over again. And probably need to have a phone and a tablet in the future (which i dont like, but Samsung cant offer reliable support for its devices).

Sent from my phone - Note 10.1 (N8000)

Last edited:
Reactions: vns_firefly

Sam7777777

Jun 21, 2014
Agreed with OP with some points

Go for omni if you don't need camera and screen recording features
Omni offers latest kitkat 4.4.3 and gets updated everyday (Delta updates), super smooth, customisable etc.
I installed Touchwiz because i need to use video and screen recording otherwise i would have never updated to touchwiz again, but one good news for touchwiz kitkat is that someday in future out tablet has touch to wake functionality through boeffla kernal..... :good:

Last edited:
Reactions: redcom7

tuktukscotty

Aug 17, 2010
Bridlington
Google Pixel 4
I've been waiting and waiting for kitkat but as I have N8010 is gonna be a long time yet I guess......

I wanted to try gnarbo rom but I don't want the phone stuff as I have no need for them.

I'll just have to wait for the official kitkat for my tablet, but then am still unsure whether I'll update as I want the goodies of what my 2014 has so will probably wait for someone to release a good custom rom for my device.

I got my 2014 note 10.1 as a present but had always said it wasn't worth the extra as it wasn't that much better than my n8010. That was before but now I'm changing my mind, I think it is alot better.

Still might ditch them both just to get a galaxy tab S........

Edris89

Dec 18, 2011
My biggest problem is the notification window (when u pull down)
its so freaking big n ugly

anyway does anyone knows when nordic countries will get it?

Reactions: sbdanish911

amitsharma.atc

Jul 1, 2008
well, i do want to go back to jelly bean 4.1.2
because its very easy to use by 2 thumbs only
so plz tell me...
does i need to root my tab to use mobile odin?
or just install mobile odin and install firmware through it...???
any possible problems which can occur?
i dont care about boot loader i just need clean os
just like before...
thanks in advanced

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

amitsharma.atc

Jul 1, 2008
well, i do want to go back to jelly bean 4.1.2
because its very easy to use by 2 thumbs only
so plz tell me...
does i need to root my tab to use mobile odin?
or just install mobile odin and install firmware through it...???
any possible problems which can occur?
i dont care about boot loader i just need clean os
just like before...
thanks in advanced

Help about it its just a crap

benjieg

Jul 18, 2007
Cebu
I updated to Kitkat but went back to 4.1.2. I have no plans of updating anymore. N8000 Kitkat is bad. :(

amitsharma.atc

Jul 1, 2008
please provide step by step detail through mobile odin
i hv unrooted indian galaxy note tab
thanks in advanced

pmguerre

Dec 26, 2010
I've been waiting and waiting for kitkat but as I have N8010 is gonna be a long time yet I guess......

I wanted to try gnarbo rom but I don't want the phone stuff as I have no need for them.

I'll just have to wait for the official kitkat for my tablet, but then am still unsure whether I'll update as I want the goodies of what my 2014 has so will probably wait for someone to release a good custom rom for my device.

I'm in the same situation... But I think I will update first to the stock 4.4.2 (whenever that happens) and only after I'll put some custom rom... The "problem" is that I use SPen a lot (that was the reason to buy this tablet), so support for the samsung framework is essencial in whatever rom I'll end up installing...

apocalypse_bg

May 27, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
I suppose that we should give it some time until it get's really usable. As far as I remember there was a mod or something to remove the ugly and uselesss bottom 3 button bar and restore more or less the 4.1.2 look? Might be mistaken, though....

Anyone actually tried the cracked Phone Screen Sharing program? Does it work on KitKat?

Sent from my GT-N8000 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello friends

Now its available...
    But its a total junk
    I would recommend pls don't update it
    Its trim down many of its essential features for nothing

1. Lock screen is ugly now there is no option to reduce size of giant missed notifications,
    app shortcuts is on right side only not in canter like before,
    only right hand can be use to swipe unlock, swiping on left side can't unlock

2. S pen detach menu options has been gone... now there is no options when you pull out s pen... its a total shame Samsung

3. OS UI is just like phone not like tablet... there are only 3 soft buttons on bottom now just like nexus phone and upper part is just like mobile notification bar and also very tiny its very hard to use it like a tablet...

4. Air view in gallery is very tiny... don't know what the f**k they hv done to it...
    Same problem also with video air preview and massages n emails app ... very tiny..

5. Almost All apps are same **** like before no update at all
    only very few apps like calculator dealing app etc. are slightly changed

But worth update in my opinion....... NOOOOOOOOOOOO

And if you just want kitkat which is another junk from Google

I think jelly bean was also very stable n yes its work on tablet UI...

but now I hv 10.1 screen n hv to tap here n there just to operate this....

Thanks
    Sorry for my bad English
    N someone pls tell me how to revert back to jellybean official Indian firmware
    Thanks

One more new problem I found today: keyboard has lost its gesture control to change keyboard's layouts
    you hv to set it up manually...

update : no more floting windows option in multi windows just 2 fixed windows..... helllllllll

>Use Gnabo stock rom v3
    >Profit

I agree with you that Samsung's implementation of 4.4 and Android in general sucks. But that is where agreement stops. Original Google 4.4 and actually 4.3 as well as 4.2 are very usable and nice looking operational system. And pretty functional too. I feel sorry for all of this millions of Samsung's that stuck with what ever company put on their tablets and phones that are very nicely designed hardware but software Samsung is using not a much for hardware. If you are brave root your device and install one of the non- official close to real Google KitKat firmware and you will be shocked how much better it is. Just mine 2cc. Note 10.1 Original 2012 with OmniROM.

Hello friends

Now its available...
    But its a total junk

Hallo,

That my mine.

KitKat Update for the Flagship Device, Note 10.1 (2012), is a Shame, a Quick and dirty Update, only they can say we update to Kitkat.

No new Feature (Air Command), Old Software (Weather) convert to new ROM.

The Center Buttons and the Lockscreen come from Google.

In the Future i don't buy any Flagship Device from Samsung, i buy any Budget Device and after 12 Month i drop it into the Trash and buy a newer, but not from Samsung.