Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-05-19-19-33-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-05-19-19-33-10.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 544

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
What it's the point of new nightlies if there are no known issues being fixed?

Or does this stuff not get recorded anymore now it's a more official release?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
The point of new nightlies is that they are built automatically on a NIGHTLY basis. For a while (and possibly still) a maintainer could trigger one manually if they had an important fix, but now - they are built automatically once a day by the Cyanogenmod build system from the main CM sources.

Hey, the rom seems awesome! Just got one question, shall i flash the '' DON'T flash FROM ANY SAMSUNG ICS!
- If you want to have a safe kernel, you might want to flash this kernel with Odin : http://xdaforums.com/atta...4&d=1337346991''
It just seems a bit to small.. Shall i just flash taht from any rom then install cm9?
I mean, shall i just flash that from PC odin then flash gapps and stuff?
Kernels are always small - the max size is 8-10MB after all. This one is only 4MB because it doesn't include driver modules (wifi, fm, etc) and won't run a firmware well. It exists to provide one purpose: A safe recovery from which to flash CM9. Nothing more, nothing less. Use PC Odin/Heimdall to flash it, enter recovery, and follow the flash CM9/flash gapps/wipe instructions.

It'll trigger your triangle and flash counter, so use TriangleAway when you're done.

@ entropy/xplod (or anyone else that knows :)

Any idea of revoking app permissions will be implemented in CM9? This was a really great feature in CM7. Would be nice to have that on version 9 one day.

Sent from my CM9 GT-N7000 using XDA premium
No clue, that would be something one of the core team would work on, if someone is.

could someone please tell me where i can find this navigation bar thats named in the changelog???
Purchase a Galaxy Nexus or other phone without hardware keys for menu/home/etc.

What would be the benefit of undervolting this ROM? The only thing I can imagine is battery.
I don't think that the gain in battery would be noticeable enough to worth the sweat.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
Saves 2-5% on CPU core usage, saves developer's ears from being damaged by user whining that it's not there. Mainly matters if you're doing something that cranks the CPU to full speed for extended periods of time (like a game).

Reactions: hav0c and Martin87

aalupatti

Feb 20, 2011
Be more specific?

/CK

its well know thing that the ICS reloaded mod for CM is broken ( sytemUi force close) with the last few nightlies. I think it works on the nightly from 16th or 17th and not after that.
The dev for ICS reloaded might release a new version that is compatible.

I was just making a statement for users who are interested.

Reactions: Café King
Got a weird problem.

When I was on ICS Stunner rom, I could find and install the app on market called prowrestling.net...

But when on CM9 it's not found when searching on market on my phone, but on pc it is. And on pc it's incompatible.

I have tried changing the density and used market enabler as well without success.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thank you

/CK

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

its well know thing that the ICS reloaded mod for CM is broken ( sytemUi force close) with the last few nightlies. I think it works on the nightly from 16th or 17th and not after that.
The dev for ICS reloaded might release a new version that is compatible.

I was just making a statement for users who are interested.

Preciate it. I'm still on the nightly from the 17th and it works here without problems.

/CK

aalupatti

Feb 20, 2011
Got a weird problem.

When I was on ICS Stunner rom, I could find and install the app on market called prowrestling.net...

But when on CM9 it's not found when searching on market on my phone, but on pc it is. And on pc it's incompatible.

I have tried changing the density and used market enabler as well without success.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thank you

CK

My solution for something like this is to use titanium back up. Restore the app from an old backup.

But dont know about a direct solution.

U can also try to get it from amazon app store

eug3n91

Jul 10, 2011
Craiova
I've just read about Samsung admitting their faulty kernel issues. In the article, it states that "Note, I9100 AT&T (and probably all the others)" are affected.

Since this is based on I9100 kernel, could it be that there's a chance we might not be as safe as we thought?

Then again I've heard of no bricks from official CM, the code is built from source and I trust our devs completely...I'm just trying to figure out how all these fit in...:confused:

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
The latest nightly breaks the working of ICS reloaded. Have to go back to a previous version
So what? Hacks and aftermarket mods are unsupported, not our problem.

I've just read about Samsung admitting their faulty kernel issues. In the article, it states that "Note, I9100 AT&T (and probably all the others)" are affected.

Since this is based on I9100 kernel, could it be that there's a chance we might not be as safe as we thought?

Then again I've heard of no bricks from official CM, the code is built from source and I trust our devs completely...I'm just trying to figure out how all these fit in...:confused:
No, the article says nothing of the sort. Read it again. Hell, it even explicitly states that I9100 sources are currently safe!

I mean, READ. You quoted it as saying "I9100 AT&T" which it NEVER said and I9100 AT&T doesn't even EXIST. AT&T released the SGH-I777.

I mean, common sense says that if there's a list of four devices, stating:
"all leaks for device X"
"all leaks for device Y"
"one leak for device Z and probably all others"

that means ALL OTHER LEAKS FOR THAT DEVICE?

ESPECIALLY WHEN THE ARTICLE EXPLICITLY STATES THAT I9100 UPDATE4 IS SAFE?

READ BEFORE POSTING, DAMMIT. AND DON'T QUOTE STUFF THAT ISN'T EVEN SAID IN THE DAMN ARTICLE.

eug3n91

Jul 10, 2011
Craiova
@Enntropy...

I appologize for that. I had to read it on my phone, in a hurry and typed this when I got home. I understand you guys work really hard and are a lot more knowledgeable about these things than us, common downladers and flashers...

However it was merely a question...it didn't mean any harm, it wasn't directly addressed to you... it happened, I read wrong. If you weren't in the mood to answer, then you shouldn't have, no need to get that angry...

Anyway, thanks for the answer and sincere appologies for annoying you...

carbonassassin

Apr 11, 2012
www.carbonapplications.com
So what? Hacks and aftermarket mods are unsupported, not our problem.

No, the article says nothing of the sort. Read it again. Hell, it even explicitly states that I9100 sources are currently safe!

I mean, READ. You quoted it as saying "I9100 AT&T" which it NEVER said and I9100 AT&T doesn't even EXIST. AT&T released the SGH-I777.

I mean, common sense says that if there's a list of four devices, stating:
"all leaks for device X"
"all leaks for device Y"
"one leak for device Z and probably all others"

that means ALL OTHER LEAKS FOR THAT DEVICE?

ESPECIALLY WHEN THE ARTICLE EXPLICITLY STATES THAT I9100 UPDATE4 IS SAFE?

READ BEFORE POSTING, DAMMIT. AND DON'T QUOTE STUFF THAT ISN'T EVEN SAID IN THE DAMN ARTICLE.

Hopefully Reloaded will be made to work again, Really improves the ui and its hardly going to be difficult to make compatible. Even if its not "Not your problem" the whole point of custom roms is to make the user experience better so stop being so arsey about someone not quite reading a article properly or making a reasonable suggestion and making you guys aware of a problem making your rom less comaptable.

Last edited:

megapinky

Dec 11, 2007
Morelos
yamaha logcat

Hi Xplodwild and Entropy

I try Svoice and audio sometimes don't work, thanks for all the work :)

Attachments

• yamaha.txt
    74 KB · Views: 7

GeorgEveS

Dec 7, 2011
Veliko Tarnovo
I am having problems with mass storage... When I try to add "adb root" command, the terminal says : "error : device not found"
What should I do to enable Mass storage option for usb transfer?

moyajaya

Nov 8, 2011
I am having problems with mass storage... When I try to add "adb root" command, the terminal says : "error : device not found"
What should I do to enable Mass storage option for usb transfer?

If you search this thread you'll find many posts with linked apk that would work for this. I would link you to it but the search using the xda app isn't helpful.

Top Liked Posts