[Q] SIM card unlock

Search This thread

Paul Caten

Mar 25, 2014
Good day to all!

I have a SGS III running JellyBean 4.1.2 (I don't know the stock with which it came with) and I am trying to do a sim unlock

I have tried many apps sugested on the forums and I even tried getting the nv_data.bin with ADB and using a hexeditor but the position specified in the tutorials does not exist

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/general/guide-how-to-sim-unlock-galaxy-siii-free-t1718665 (Step 2)

Also unlocking apps say that the phone has a different protection system than expected (otherwise they would have done what I have tried manually)

I will attatch the nv_data.bin, any bit of information will be GREATLY appreciated!

Attachments

• efs_backup.7z
    16.3 KB · Views: 11

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
Search and read, there is no free sim unlock anymore. Hundreds of identical threads all saying buy a code.

Paul Caten

Mar 25, 2014
Search and read, there is no free sim unlock anymore. Hundreds of identical threads all saying buy a code.

Hey everyone, I have managed to unlock my phone with a paid service that gives you a network operator code, but I have backed up my efs folder before and after unlocking, where can I provide these folders for the good people of xda to use so they can produce other unlockers?