[Q] Nexus 5 iso selection

Search This thread

Straits__

Apr 23, 2014
Hi,

I was trying to change the ISO value on my nexus 5 and I discovered that google camera has not this feature. Therefore I tried to use another app (Camera FV-5 light) that allows the ISO selection but is seems that this option is disabled on my nexus 5 (grey colour of the writing and nothing happens if you click on it).

Then I installed the same app on the nexus 7 and this option works allowing to select the ISO.....

Is it a problem of my phone or of all nexus 5 devices?
Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance for the help!

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Hi,

I was trying to change the ISO value on my nexus 5 and I discovered that google camera has not this feature. Therefore I tried to use another app (Camera FV-5 light) that allows the ISO selection but is seems that this option is disabled on my nexus 5 (grey colour of the writing and nothing happens if you click on it).

Then I installed the same app on the nexus 7 and this option works allowing to select the ISO.....

Is it a problem of my phone or of all nexus 5 devices?
Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance for the help!

the reason why its not in the google camera nor aosp camera app, and grayed out camera fv-5, is because the nexus 5 doesnt have the capability, it isnt available for the camera. so it shows up grayed out.

Straits__

Apr 23, 2014
the reason why its not in the google camera nor aosp camera app, and grayed out camera fv-5, is because the nexus 5 doesnt have the capability, it isnt available for the camera. so it shows up grayed out.

Thank you for the help! This means that it is an hardware issues? Or there is the possibility that the iso control will come with a future update?
It is a little displeasing to heard about since nexus 7 has this setting even with a lower (or almost not better) camera.....

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Thank you for the help! This means that it is an hardware issues? Or there is the possibility that the iso control will come with a future update?
It is a little displeasing to heard about since nexus 7 has this setting even with a lower (or almost not better) camera.....

i dont think its hardware, i think its software related. but google is doing many new good things with the cam, lots of new code they are working on and that they already put out for developers to start working on.. i think iso will come.

Straits__

Apr 23, 2014
i dont think its hardware, i think its software related. but google is doing many new good things with the cam, lots of new code they are working on and that they already put out for developers to start working on.. i think iso will come.

I hope so! But sorry.....a further opinion (since I'm not an expert of hardware or software matters)...

If it is only software related, why if I change app (from Google Camera to, eg, Camera FV-5 light) still I miss the ISO setting?
Is it depend on the OS? But why on Nexus 7 with the same OS and Camera FV-5 light I'm able to do it?

Thank you again!

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
I hope so! But sorry.....a further opinion (since I'm not an expert of hardware or software matters)...

If it is only software related, why if I change app (from Google Camera to, eg, Camera FV-5 light) still I miss the ISO setting?
Is it depend on the OS? But why on Nexus 7 with the same OS and Camera FV-5 light I'm able to do it?

Thank you again!

again, because its not enabled to do so. if not enabled, an app isnt going to change things(maybe a root app that changes system files). as of right now, it cant.

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
I have an app called "pro capture" which offers "exposure" settings to + or - 2. I'm not sure exactly what this does. Typically exposure is a combination of aperture, shutter speed and ISO.

ISO is a sensitivity to light. Exposure compensation in a real camera would adjust the the shutter if you were in aperture priority mode. It would adjust the aperture if you were in shutter priority mode. None of these are controllable on the nexus so not sure what this app is doing. Some sort of software post processing I imagine.

Here are a couple of shots with + 2, 0 and - 2

a6evuja5.jpg

etavuhe8.jpg

y9uha6e8.jpg

Is it worth buying the app? Probably not. I bought it for wide-screen shots but I only use Google now as it has higher than 2mpix wide now.

Does it benefit us in anyway? Probably not other than avoiding brightening a dark image in a image editor afterwards

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
I have an app called "pro capture" which offers "exposure" settings to + or - 2. I'm not sure exactly what this does. Typically exposure is a combination of aperture, shutter speed and ISO.

ISO is a sensitivity to light. Exposure compensation in a real camera would adjust the the shutter if you were in aperture priority mode. It would adjust the aperture if you were in shutter priority mode. None of these are controllable on the nexus so not sure what this app is doing. Some sort of software post processing I imagine.

a6evuja5.jpg

etavuhe8.jpg

y9uha6e8.jpg

Is it worth buying the app? Probably not. I bought it for wide-screen shots but I only use Google now as it has higher than 2mpix wide now.

Does it benefit us in anyway? Probably not other than avoiding brightening a dark image in a image editor afterwards

both google camera and aosp camera offer exposure settings, in the google cam you have to enable it in options..

14%2B-%2B1

14%2B-%2B1

Reactions: danarama

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

a6evuja5.jpg

etavuhe8.jpg

y9uha6e8.jpg

both google camera and aosp camera offer exposure settings, in the google cam you have to enable it in options..

14%2B-%2B1

14%2B-%2B1
    Excellent. Thread closed then :]