[ROM] Supercurio's Android 2.3 Gingerbread Port i9000 - ALPHA V6 - UPDATE 12/23/10!

Search This thread

speedysilwady

Oct 9, 2009
12/23/10- V6
- Easy root. You only need to install Superuser app from Market.

V5
- Wifi semi-working (tend to crash the phone on Wifi sleep timeout)
- Calls working but no DATA for me (coolya had data, which means: erratic) - voice not tested.
- kind of laggy, but there is a lot of headroom.
- GPS working only by Wifi/Triangulation networking - No satellites.

Fantastic job by coolya who did most of the advancement, for Wifi, baseband and also OneDRAM partitions configuration. Really really awesome work.
We were so lucky the snow forced him to stay at home instead of going to work

This time you can really start to play with the phone, install apps, surf on the Internet all this with Gingerbread! kind of cool

12/22/10- V4
-Buttons fixed thanks to the contributions of xcaliburhands, pawitp, fenfir*
-No need to create some directories manually anymore.
-Kernel available as ClockWorkMod recovery update.zip - be sure you have access to 3 buttons !

*I havent tested this beta so im assuming the buttons are remapped properly for only i9000 using that kernel he posted. but if i read on twitter correctly, all phones have proper keymapping, not sure.

12/19/10 - V3
- SDcard now works
- As internal storage
- As USB storage

12/19/10 - V2
improved pre-init script and mounts:
no more insufficient space
improved dual-boot solution
faster boot
faster disk I/O

12-18-10 - V1
initial
----------------------------------------------------------

READ EVERY WORD IN THIS LINK AND IN THE LINKED POST BEFORE FLASHING, I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR CHOICE TO FLASH THIS AND ANY BRICKS OR UNPLEASANT OCCURRENCES THAT MAY FOLLOW - CLICK ME FOR THE ROM AND INFO

Make sure you have voodoo preinstalled and NOT disabled before flashing

Warning! Be careful ADB might not work for you. Im on Windows 7 64 bit and lost ADB access, you might need to go into download mode and ODIN!

^Update to this, make sure you have the latest usb drivers from the Android SDK. Still gonna leave this warning up though because it doesnt work for me after updating the drivers.
References/Guides
kennethpenn posted a detailed n00b friendly guide to flashing this here
Vibrant Voodoo Kernels can be found here

Enjoy the early taste of gingerbread, thanks to supercurio and the #NSdev channel! :)

Last edited:

speedysilwady

Oct 9, 2009
Stuff like this that makes me wish i had bought an i9000 instead of the vibrant :p

its no biggie dude, ports from the i9000 are getting easier to do it seems (im not dev myself but thats what it seems like lol)

also cool thing about this is that its actually dual booting gingerbread on your phone ;)

remixfa

Aug 10, 2010
all the galaxy s variants exept maybe the epic are near identical minus a few things. so when the i9000 get it, the vibrant nomrally gets it. no worries.

woot!!

ozmulti

Sep 28, 2010
This may sound like trolling. But this voice inside my head just keeps on saying that i am getting the port of a port. Wish supercurio would develop for vibrant. ANd THAT would be ported to the i9000 ... take that Stock GALAXY S BEEEAACH

cashyftw

Sep 11, 2010
True, when the i9000 gets something we basically get it also.

Sent from the speed demon

oka1

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 4, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
checked the Nexus out

checked the Nexus out and what I thought was correct. It seemed like a vibrant hopped up on 2.3 and the rest wasn't much different hardware-wise.... Now super-curio has proven this assumption to be correct
....congrats and excellent !!!

msnuser111

Feb 8, 2010
I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it in the other thread,I don't feel like reading through 39 pages when its already almost midnight and I need to wake up at 7am,but as a temporary solution until we get buttons working,as long as they didnt change anything major in the filesystem,you should be able to change the keylayouts file to make vol up and down remapped to home and back (or menu,search,... whatever you want.) I haven't flashed this yet,so someone please let me know if this works. If I remember correctly keylayouts are in /usr/keylayout/ and there should be a few files in there,one of which is the hardware button mapping,open it in a text editor,there will be a bunch of buttons on the left and their names on the right,find vol up and change it to say HOME,find vol down and change it to BACK. save the file and reboot,that should make them work as what you assigned them to.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    12/23/10- V6
    - Easy root. You only need to install Superuser app from Market.

V5
    - Wifi semi-working (tend to crash the phone on Wifi sleep timeout)
    - Calls working but no DATA for me (coolya had data, which means: erratic) - voice not tested.
    - kind of laggy, but there is a lot of headroom.
    - GPS working only by Wifi/Triangulation networking - No satellites.

Fantastic job by coolya who did most of the advancement, for Wifi, baseband and also OneDRAM partitions configuration. Really really awesome work.
    We were so lucky the snow forced him to stay at home instead of going to work

This time you can really start to play with the phone, install apps, surf on the Internet all this with Gingerbread! kind of cool

12/22/10- V4
    -Buttons fixed thanks to the contributions of xcaliburhands, pawitp, fenfir*
    -No need to create some directories manually anymore.
    -Kernel available as ClockWorkMod recovery update.zip - be sure you have access to 3 buttons !

*I havent tested this beta so im assuming the buttons are remapped properly for only i9000 using that kernel he posted. but if i read on twitter correctly, all phones have proper keymapping, not sure.

12/19/10 - V3
    - SDcard now works
    - As internal storage
    - As USB storage

12/19/10 - V2
    improved pre-init script and mounts:
    no more insufficient space
    improved dual-boot solution
    faster boot
    faster disk I/O

12-18-10 - V1
    initial

READ EVERY WORD IN THIS LINK AND IN THE LINKED POST BEFORE FLASHING, I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR CHOICE TO FLASH THIS AND ANY BRICKS OR UNPLEASANT OCCURRENCES THAT MAY FOLLOW - CLICK ME FOR THE ROM AND INFO

Make sure you have voodoo preinstalled and NOT disabled before flashing

Warning! Be careful ADB might not work for you. Im on Windows 7 64 bit and lost ADB access, you might need to go into download mode and ODIN!

^Update to this, make sure you have the latest usb drivers from the Android SDK. Still gonna leave this warning up though because it doesnt work for me after updating the drivers.
    References/Guides
    kennethpenn posted a detailed n00b friendly guide to flashing this here
    Vibrant Voodoo Kernels can be found here

Enjoy the early taste of gingerbread, thanks to supercurio and the #NSdev channel! :)
    OK so been testing just as fast os NS
    since no data connection what so ever i pushed quadrant and here are my results with vibrant and 2.3 also note higher cache because of voodoo lagfix

and quadrant seems to have issues with 2.3 just like i thought... my main purpose for this was to compare vibrant 2.3 with my NS because of low 3D test results on NS but it seems its just they need to update quadrant to 2.3 standards

Not too bad ...NS with voodoo get avr 2500

img20101219143327.jpg
    Link please

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App
    its the first line in all caps lol, i wanted people to read it before clicking
    I wrote up some more detailed instructions here for noobies. :) Although this is an alpha build... so be careful.