Headphones with Mic for Note

Search This thread

nickleboy

Apr 25, 2010
I just received my Wireless Miikey Rhythm Headset Thursday (white). It took it about 2hrs 45mins out of the box to fully charge. So as I am in my 12th hour on the battery listening to music aside from 45mins in a phone call as well. I wanted something that I could use to operate the phone call features of the phone while listening to music. Another reason for buying these is all the reviews I came across basically were very good and even suggested that they sound if not just as good but better than Beats by Dre for a better price.

I have to say that the sound quality is impressive. I can finally hear my music the way it was meant to be heard for a change. The bass and treble is well balanced and if your player has an equalizer that makes fine tuning your music even better.

The 1st 4hrs of music play I used the Bluetooth connection only. I plugged the headset into my G-Note and now I am at 12hrs into play. The manual states that the headset will provide 10hrs of talk time and 7hrs of music playback time.

http://www.amazon.com/MIIKEY-Wirele...ie=UTF8&qid=1341094190&sr=8-4&keywords=miikey

bigmout

Oct 8, 2007
Your Beats, your Bose, Your Skullcandy...all the headphones "made for iPhone" that have a microphone that does not work can be fixed super easy. It took a lot of google work to find this.

Whilst you are plugging the headphone into the device hold the primary button ( middle button idk its exact name) down on the headsets inline set while inserting the plug.

Hold down button...continue to hold while plugging in = working microphone + whatever buttons the software you are using poll for.

Works on my Beats Tour, Some Shure headphones, Bose Mie2i, & and even a pair of novelty headphones.
Crazy... but thanks for the info!

egomezmorales

Oct 3, 2007
Carolina
Your Beats, your Bose, Your Skullcandy...all the headphones "made for iPhone" that have a microphone that does not work can be fixed super easy. It took a lot of google work to find this.

Whilst you are plugging the headphone into the device hold the primary button ( middle button idk its exact name) down on the headsets inline set while inserting the plug.

Hold down button...continue to hold while plugging in = working microphone + whatever buttons the software you are using poll for.

Works on my Beats Tour, Some Shure headphones, Bose Mie2i, & and even a pair of novelty headphones.

going to try with my b&w c5 and p5

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

egomezmorales

Oct 3, 2007
Carolina
Unfortunately not working with Bowers and Wilkins headphones,

tried on Paranoid android rom

Last edited:
Reactions: esincho

BInspirinG

Jun 20, 2012
I have been using NuForce buds for awhile and I can say that for the price, you get amazing audiophile sound-quality. I have the NuForce NE-6 currently, which are no longer available to purchase. However, they do have this product:

Code:
amazon.com/Nuforce-NE-700M-Titanium-Headphones-Microphone/dp/B0056J7OIQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1341686452&sr=8-3&keywords=nuforce

You could find reviews for this at head-fi.

Last edited:

egomezmorales

Oct 3, 2007
Carolina
Ok Tried again with my B& W C5, and the hold trick actually worked, the only downside is that I loose the ability to skip/paude tracks with the remote

egomezmorales

Oct 3, 2007
Carolina
There's some apps on the store that can help with that. My concern is the Mic working.

Yep works really good, but with my P5 (1 year old) it dosent work, this c5 are a month old, maybe they changed something inside the inline remote?

Going to try with a remote app to see if it works

egomezmorales

Oct 3, 2007
Carolina
Tried with three different headset control apps, and its a no go, it completely disables the ability of the control,

azizLIGHT

Aug 19, 2012
Hello everyone, Need some advice on picking up a pair of headphones that I can use to listen to music and also make calls. Apart from the Klipsch made specifically for Android, is there anything else out on the market? I really wanted the bose but read on a few sites that they dont full function correctly. I have iPhone buds that I can listen to music but the mic does not work but work fine with my Nexus S.

I used a Blackberry Bold 9900 before the Note. I still have the headphones/mic combo earbuds that came with my Bold and they work on the Note on Skype. They look pretty nice as well, and fold really well for some reason.

I can't post the link to the picture because I don't have 10 posts yet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I use these

amazon.com/V-MODA-Noise-Isolating-Headphone-Universal-One-Button/dp/B002XYUHFY/ref=sr_1_12?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1330051591&sr=1-12

They work great with my Note.
    I just tried my Zagg headphones and the paus/play/forward/back button works. I would recommend these headphones if you can find them for cheap, especially since they replace them if they stop working. I don't think they are worth full price.

Tried my Bose AE2 and the play/pause/forward/back button works but not the volume controls.
    Fyi i saw in a development thread that the Mic and button issue is a software issue and someone had posted a fix. Ill sweet if i can find it tomorrow.

Bump for the fix. My good Apple headphones don't work during phone calls either. :(
    Ok Tried again with my B& W C5, and the hold trick actually worked, the only downside is that I loose the ability to skip/paude tracks with the remote

There's some apps on the store that can help with that. My concern is the Mic working.