[ROM][25 April][XXDMC3 4.1.2][V1.3] WanamLite | Aroma | Clean | Fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Lambetts

Nov 7, 2007
Google Pixel 7 Pro
using Perseus kernel with this rom. works beautifully!

Just another quick one man.

Are you having trouble with the CRT animation? One it doesn't always show and then very occasionally the phone doesn't lock? You got any of this on Perseus? Or does anyone? Maybe there's a setting I'm not aware of. I've read you have to change the screen delay to 100 or so. I've tried all from 0 to 200.

Thank everyone!

Sent from LV-426...

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

Anyone can advise how is the screen time with LTE?? Tks

Yeah good. Better than stock for sure. You'll get more from Perseus kernel though.

Sent from LV-426...

overjoy71

May 13, 2009
Melbourne
Just another quick one man.

Are you having trouble with the CRT animation? One it doesn't always show and then very occasionally the phone doesn't lock? You got any of this on Perseus? Or does anyone? Maybe there's a setting I'm not aware of. I've read you have to change the screen delay to 100 or so. I've tried all from 0 to 200.

Thank everyone!

Sent from LV-426...

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

Yeah good. Better than stock for sure. You'll get more from Perseus kernel though.

Sent from LV-426...

Yup. I get what you are talking about. I do have some troubles with CRT and the phone not lock at times but it hasn't bothered me too much in comparison to the battery life I am getting.

Lambetts

Nov 7, 2007
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Yup. I get what you are talking about. I do have some troubles with CRT and the phone not lock at times but it hasn't bothered me too much in comparison to the battery life I am getting.

Yeah true. Perseus is dam good for that. Weird thing just now. I've had Perseus on for a day or two and on this rom, it's worse, performance wise, than the Adam kernel included? But on other roms it's fast as anything... Anyone else had it laggy on Perseus?

Sent from LV-426...

overjoy71

May 13, 2009
Melbourne
Yeah true. Perseus is dam good for that. Weird thing just now. I've had Perseus on for a day or two and on this rom, it's worse, performance wise, than the Adam kernel included? But on other roms it's fast as anything... Anyone else had it laggy on Perseus?

Sent from LV-426...

Seems fine to me though I think adam 2.5 kernel is fast and smoother.

Sent from XDA-powered N7105

acerdroid

Nov 15, 2012
Kriel
Theme Compatible??

Hi.

Thanx for the ROM :good:

Simple question, but what theme is compatible with your ROM?

Lambetts

Nov 7, 2007
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Well, this is strange.

Sorry guys, bit random but just have to ask. I had an issue with CleanRom, for some reason the alarm would randomly not sound...very annoying.

Had this rom for a good week now, so happy with it. Then this morning my phone ignores my alarm setting....awesome!

I thought it was only perhaps CleanRom that had this issue. I'll have to apologise in advance here, I'm just really confused and in all my days of android rooting and roming I've never, never heard of one of the most simple parts of a rom being screwed up so bad.... And why would even that part be altered?

Anyway, being late for work today was quite the embarrassment haha. Imagine if I said the real reason why I was late! Haha. I'd probably get, "well, my iPhones alarm always works!" I'd laugh and say, well, in this one off instance I'd say, yeah your right. I prefer to have an alarm that is useless and is really unreliable! Haha.

Anyway, I could always use another alarm app from the market, although I've argh, never had to do any sort of such thing before. Maybe this is just the norm with the Note 2 custom roms...

Cool, just reporting a bug guys. Hope this helps.

Thanks again for otherwise a really, really awesome rom.

Cheers.

Sent from LV-426...

muppetmania

May 22, 2012
Napier
lice.muppetz.com
You're sure you haven't set blocking mode and accidentally included alarms in there?

I've done this before, took a week of no alarms and a lot of stress before I realised I'd accidentally toggled the alarm option in blocking mode.

Just something to check.

cebs

Well, this is strange.

Sorry guys, bit random but just have to ask. I had an issue with CleanRom, for some reason the alarm would randomly not sound...very annoying.

Had this rom for a good week now, so happy with it. Then this morning my phone ignores my alarm setting....awesome!

I thought it was only perhaps CleanRom that had this issue. I'll have to apologise in advance here, I'm just really confused and in all my days of android rooting and roming I've never, never heard of one of the most simple parts of a rom being screwed up so bad.... And why would even that part be altered?

Anyway, being late for work today was quite the embarrassment haha. Imagine if I said the real reason why I was late! Haha. I'd probably get, "well, my iPhones alarm always works!" I'd laugh and say, well, in this one off instance I'd say, yeah your right. I prefer to have an alarm that is useless and is really unreliable! Haha.

Anyway, I could always use another alarm app from the market, although I've argh, never had to do any sort of such thing before. Maybe this is just the norm with the Note 2 custom roms...

Cheers.

Sent from LV-426...

I use my alarm 5/7d and never had that problem...

Reactions: Lambetts

bearusa

Jun 22, 2011
Well, this is strange.

Cheers.

Sent from LV-426...

Ive gotta say ive never had this issue on any rom ive tried. I use alarmdroid pro.
Never once has it let me down.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

Lambetts

Nov 7, 2007
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Ive gotta say ive never had this issue on any rom ive tried. I use alarmdroid pro.
Never once has it let me down.

Thanks guys for your responses. Yeah I've never had it either, only. CleanRom. So confused. I didn't think that could really happen. I thought that part of the rom is like "hard wired" haha

Anyway, might have to use Alarm clock plus or something. I'd even pay for an alarm to use this rom cause is so awesome otherwise.

Thanks again guys. If anyone has any other thoughts, please share them. Maybe I've got something configured a certain way that interferes with it. I don't know how but maybe.

Thanks.

Sent from LV-426...

bearusa

Jun 22, 2011
Thanks guys for your responses. Yeah I've never had it either, only. CleanRom. So confused. I didn't think that could really happen. I thought that part of the rom is like "hard wired" haha

Anyway, might have to use Alarm clock plus or something. I'd even pay for an alarm to use this rom cause is so awesome otherwise.

Thanks again guys. If anyone has any other thoughts, please share them. Maybe I've got something configured a certain way that interferes with it. I don't know how but maybe.

Thanks.

Sent from LV-426...

Alarmdroid is free and has a paid pro version.. give it a go..

muppetmania

May 22, 2012
Napier
lice.muppetz.com
I really don't understand suggesting another app - can someone tell me why that is?

Unless I mis-understand (and that's very likely) - when you set an Alarm with Android, you're actually setting a "wake me up at this time" alarm at the Android level. At that time, Android wakes and notifies the app, which then makes a lovely song or whatever it does.

But, fundamentally, an alarm is an alarm. If the OS isn't "waking up" to give that notification to the app, well it doesn't matter what app you use, you're still going to have this issue.

Do I misunderstand how alarms work at the Android system level? Or are people suggesting different apps because they believe the app he's using is actually being woken up, but then forgetting to do anything?

Tim

bearusa

Jun 22, 2011
I really don't understand suggesting another app - can someone tell me why that is?

Unless I mis-understand (and that's very likely) - when you set an Alarm with Android, you're actually setting a "wake me up at this time" alarm at the Android level. At that time, Android wakes and notifies the app, which then makes a lovely song or whatever it does.

But, fundamentally, an alarm is an alarm. If the OS isn't "waking up" to give that notification to the app, well it doesn't matter what app you use, you're still going to have this issue.

Do I misunderstand how alarms work at the Android system level? Or are people suggesting different apps because they believe the app he's using is actually being woken up, but then forgetting to do anything?

Tim

Suggesting another app to see if the one hes already using may be not working correctly. If he tries another app and it still aint sounding then we need to dig deeper..

Lambetts

Nov 7, 2007
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks again guys.

Yeah, I'm using stock built in alarm/clock. I think similar to the previous poster. It's like the simplest and bare bones part as far as I know, very confused to why it would be playing up. I've never had to use a third party alarm app. But, no huge deal if I have to now. If it was another rom, it'd probably be a deal breaker but I really don't want to use another rom. Haha.

Sent from LV-426...

E_Goldstein

Nov 23, 2011
Hi folks, just wondering what other kernels will work with Boeffla sound this app is awesome but wanna have that something extra for my battery but dont want to lose Boeffla.
Thanks In advance

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

baileyjr

Aug 21, 2012
Cardiff
Hi folks, just wondering what other kernels will work with Boeffla sound this app is awesome but wanna have that something extra for my battery but dont want to lose Boeffla.
Thanks In advance

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

If you want to save some battery just install the greenify and hibernate the maps app. You will save 10% right there. Do the same to facebook if you have it installed. :D

Reactions: E_Goldstein

overjoy71

May 13, 2009
Melbourne
Apparently 4.2.2 is hitting or has hit S3, so I would imagine that N7105 will get 4.2.2 pretty soon!!

PS: I use the stock alarm and I haven't had any issue with it at all.

snip3r77

Jan 2, 2013

Sent from LV-426...

Any issues getting 5.5 hrs screen time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Many of you may know about my WanamLite Roms for Galaxy S3, so i'm glad to present you my Rom for Galaxy Note 2 LTE (N7105 only).

The main goal of this Rom is Stability, better performance and battery life, that's why i will try to include essential and free bug mods only.

wanamlite_op_xda2_1024.png

Screenshots will be posted on 2nd post.

Features :
    underline.png

pic.png
    Based on latest Samsung Base
    pic.png
    Pure Stock Themed
    pic.png
    Aroma Installer
    pic.png
    Deodexed & Rooted & Zipaligned
    pic.png
    Unlimited SMS recipient list
    pic.png
    Unlimited Multiview support
    pic.png
    23 Toggle buttons & Numeric battery (optional on Aroma)
    pic.png
    Numeric Circle battery (optional on Aroma)
    pic.png
    Large APNs list
    pic.png
    Adam Kernel (with Crt-Off support)
    pic.png
    Repacked stock kernel + init.d support (tweaks will keep working on other custom kernels)
    pic.png
    Automatic SMS encoding (Arabic and other utf-8 encoding support)
    pic.png
    Tweaked Pegasusq Governor
    pic.png
    Disabled scrolling cache
    pic.png
    No incremental ringtone
    pic.png
    Enabled Call recording
    pic.png
    4 Way reboot (Recovery,Download...)
    pic.png
    Stock Keyboard
    pic.png
    Enabled all Languages on Settings menu, keyboard and Spen
    pic.png
    Kies support
    pic.png
    Enabled Call button on contacts list
    pic.png
    Unlimited Contacts joining
    pic.png
    Enabled Shutter sound on Camera
    pic.png
    Disabled Shutter on Apps
    pic.png
    Hacked Stock Email App
    pic.png
    Latest SuperSU update
    pic.png
    Skip music tracks with volume buttons long press
    pic.png
    Auto wipe cache & dalvik-cache before flashing
    pic.png
    Removed some bloatware (optional on Aroma)
    pic.png
    Better Battery life
    pic.png
    Removed USB OTG wakelock
    pic.png
    Better media Scanner implementation
    pic.png
    Multi-CSC 139
    pic.png
    Crt-Off animation (optional)
    pic.png
    Disabled signature check for 23 toggles
    pic.png
    Better CPU interaction
    pic.png
    And more...

Download & Changes log:
    underline.png

Installation steps :
    underline.png

pic.png
    Copy my Rom to internal sdcard
    pic.png
    Install a CWM recovery, get it here, (Only if you don't have it)
    pic.png
    Backup, backup, backup
    pic.png
    Flash my Rom from recovery
    pic.png
    Reboot & enjoy

Some simple tips to get the best of your battery life :
    underline.png

pic.png
    Disable auto sync for accounts if not needed
    pic.png
    Disable GPS if you don't use it
    pic.png
    Disable auto backup of Gmail account
    pic.png
    Set brightness level to automatic
    pic.png
    Disable motion if you don't use it
    pic.png
    Check your apps settings and disable useless background sync
    pic.png
    Disable useless animations

If you like this Rom and want to support it, use this banner on your Signature :

ByjFm.png

nRQ2A.png

userbar_wanam_v1.png

userbar_wanam_v2.png

Special thanks to Invade, Kemal Basacikoglu & lele1993 & denemga for the Banners.

Thanks to : @Ookba; @Avetny; @Grgsiocl; @Pntzamaras; @Easycure1974 and all Beta testers

Thanks to Korumera for the server hosting.

Thanks to (Please PM me if i missed someone):
    underline.png

@Dsixda; @Chainfire; @JesusFreke; @CM Team; @lidroid; @Kahvitahra; @_Jkay_; @GokhanMoral; @jakubklos; @multus; @Emadh71; @sorg; @Amarullz; @Grgsiocl; @LegendK95; @tamirda; @Andreilux; @Codeworkx; @Perka; @GokhanMoral; @Downloadzy

Thanks for the stock Rom packages & backups to :
    underline.png

@Samsung-updates; @Sammobile

It's just a hobby, so please no ETA, If you like this Rom? please RATE it.
    I uploaded a new update v1.2 based on MB3 with many system tweaks for better battery life balanced with a good performances.
    this new update includes too :

• Crt-Off (optional)
    • Adam kernel v1.3 with Crt-Off support (optional), you can find more informations about the kernel here.
    • Stock repacked kernel (optional)
    • 139 CSC
    • Updated Root files (SuperSU 1.25)
    • Google Music moved to Aroma options
    • Disabled Android Logger for better performance (optional)
    • Other things i don't remember...
    Test it and let me know if all is Ok to update the thread.

Download.
    Reserved for future use.
    Hi wanam

Can you reveal to us users if there's any forthcoming updates in the near future?

Thanks in advance

/CK

Update based on MC3 or any newer base planned at the end of next week.
    WanamLite V1.3 based on MC3 posted.

Adam Kernel v2.4 Change log:
    pic.png
    Add Zmoove and Lulzactiveq cpu governors (Thanks to the Authors)
    pic.png
    Proportional Rate Reduction for TCP (Thanks to Nandita Dukkipati)
    pic.png
    LTE updates built on stock LTE config (should fix some connection issues)
    pic.png
    CPU voltage control for UV trough Stweaks (Thanks to AndreiLux)
    pic.png
    Black crush fix (Thanks to Andip and AndreiLux)

Rom Change log:
    pic.png
    Update base to MC3
    pic.png
    Update Modem (optional)
    pic.png
    Adam kernel V2.4 (optional)
    pic.png
    Stock repacked MC3 kernel (optional)
    pic.png
    More CSC (145)
    pic.png