[Q] Low volume on KItKat?

Search This thread

gpgorbosjr

Jul 3, 2008
www.gregthegreat.com
So this is not a Moto G problem, I think. I've noticed in KitKat (on an Atrix HD first and now the Moto G) after I place a few calls the volume randomly lowers. Even though it is turned all the way up it is hard to hear people. When I reboot the phone it goes back to normal.

Has anyone experienced this and/or know why? When I had the Atrix I figured it was because KK was unofficial, but now the Moto G still does it at times.

twister99403

Oct 4, 2010
Lewiston, ID
So this is not a Moto G problem, I think. I've noticed in KitKat (on an Atrix HD first and now the Moto G) after I place a few calls the volume randomly lowers. Even though it is turned all the way up it is hard to hear people. When I reboot the phone it goes back to normal.

Has anyone experienced this and/or know why? When I had the Atrix I figured it was because KK was unofficial, but now the Moto G still does it at times.

We are also experiencing this on the moto g however I don't on my nexus 5. I find that frequently my fiance is having this issue. It is fixed on her phone by turning the volume down and back up again but it's still annoying. Affects her speakerphone as well. If you come up with a fix or find anything out I would sure like to know :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

rjsmyth

Nov 14, 2005
We are also experiencing this on the moto g however I don't on my nexus 5. I find that frequently my fiance is having this issue. It is fixed on her phone by turning the volume down and back up again but it's still annoying. Affects her speakerphone as well. If you come up with a fix or find anything out I would sure like to know :)

Likewise on my Tesco Moto G volume on calls is suddenly very quiet until I turn the volume down and back up - very annoying.

Reactions: twister99403

tm1966

Dec 13, 2011
Moto G (Tesco sourced on Giffgaff sim) -

I thought I was hearing things (...or not as the case turns out!). Since the kitkat update my call volumes are soooooo low, even on speakerphone.

My speakers are fine for other sounds like music etc but not for any calls.

Hope this can be resolved as I'm a bit 'mutton Geoff' at the best of times.

JoNex

Jul 22, 2012
My cousin is having the same issue. This is a baddd problem! I wonder why more people aren't reporting this... Does anybody have any idea of what could be causing the issue?

twister99403

Oct 4, 2010
Lewiston, ID
My cousin is having the same issue. This is a baddd problem! I wonder why more people aren't reporting this... Does anybody have any idea of what could be causing the issue?

Really wish I knew, it is definitely software related i'm about 90% sure so i'm hoping either an update fixes it or i'll have to root and hope I can fix it that way. We did download an app from the play store that kept the volume up but we only have the 8gb version so we took it off to conserve space and just hit the volume up button every time it happens and that does it but ANNOYING. Hopefully soon we see more development for this phone so we have more options :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Likewise on my Tesco Moto G volume on calls is suddenly very quiet until I turn the volume down and back up - very annoying.