[Official] Augen Gentouch78 Rooting and Development [Working Android Market!]

Search This thread

deofavente

Nov 20, 2011
i've had a butchered genbook 108 for about a year now. only real problem is i have a 7" display on the 10.2" screen. i want to just install something/anything that will give me a full screen. i cannot get to the bootloader menu with the above instructions. i have attempted installs of multiple os's using sd card and usb drive. on power up, genbook just blows by. any suggestions?

Seems almost like you are using a different tablet...

Sent from my U8800-51 using xda app-developers app

wimzerchee

Jun 16, 2008
The links for bootimg-su-googleapps-hosts-pirate.update3.zip are dead, should anyone have a working link to it, I would greatly appreciate it!

spartan77

May 12, 2012
enter fdwn mode

i've had a butchered genbook 108 for about a year now. only real problem is i have a 7" display on the 10.2" screen. i want to just install something/anything that will give me a full screen. i cannot get to the bootloader menu with the above instructions. i have attempted installs of multiple os's using sd card and usb drive. on power up, genbook just blows by. any suggestions?

when you start the genbook push the power button in and as soon as the splashscreen comes up hold the power button untill you see the restore menue come up.Then you can either use the zip on a sd card or you can start the fdwn mode to start any mode scroll down to the one you want to use then wait a few secs then hold in power button untill it turns blue then you can update it.WARNING using the wrong ROM will brick the genbook and then you will have to take it apart and jump the internal rom chip for it to start working again

Sr.Lanz

Feb 6, 2013
Augen Gentouch V2.0 Brick

Help please please

I replaced my augen Gentouch OS V2.0 to V1.0 OS by mistake, please someone to date have a download link for that asset?

Please Help! = (

whokilledsanta

Feb 13, 2011
Brisbane
Mine is Gentouch78 V.2

I'm running Pandoradroid. I got everything i need working (gmail, youtube, tTorrent, etc.)
I just wanted to say Thank you to all of you who posted on here. After getting the hand-me-down that was stuck on Andy I spent about 2 weeks sifting through this site and finally got CWM installed, and Flashed Pandoradroid to my tablet. I then was able to get the important apps installed, and finally Market works.

XDA-Developers Rox

That said, Whatever happened to talk of CM6 or CM7 coming to the Gentouch78
The Gyroscope not working is irritating, but manageable.
Perfect Viewer won't show anything in the Bookshelf, and I had to extract the *.CBR, open each *.JPG in Paint, Resize to 40%x40%, 7Zip back to *.CBR, and move back to /sdcard/Bookshelf/. Manageable, but irritating. (But worth it since the screen is so much bigger than my phone (U8800-51).
I get errors from Titanium Backup (TB) about busybox and not elevating to su...
I read just about every post written about getting Netflix to work on eclair, but I have had zero success.
I installed MX Player and the associated Codec onto my phone, backed it up (using TB) to my Tablet's SDCard, and Used TB to restore it. I have to switch between Software and Hardware Audio decoding (Depending on the Video file's properties), but I'll live.
I would love for someone to finish CM7 for this.
Things I can live without:
Gyro (Autorotate)
On screen Volume controls (I'll go through settings if necessary)
5x5 icons on screen (Pandoradroid uses ADW, so that was a quick configure)
Here is a screenshot (Taken by my phone because the tablet won't take screenshots... lol) of my home screen. Also My Wallpaper.

Hi, I've just purchased a second hand tablet for playing around with at home and was wondering if you or anyone could give me a quick noob how-to to get a custom rom installed? I've already rooted using z4root, but that's as far as I can get. I would really like to have google play, etc. installed and working but I can't seem to install the apk.

I've tried following the instructions on this site http://augendev.wikispaces.com/
but I can't get past the adb for beginners part (I'm obviously not up to beginner status yet).

I'm not new to rooting - I've installed custom roms on many of my higher end android devices in the past, and though I was at least at the beginner level. This old tablet has me stumped...

Because I'm already rooted, shouldn't it be as easy as installing CWM and then a rom? How do I do this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

mogrith

Jul 30, 2010
Brea
www.mogrith.com
Hi, I've just purchased a second hand tablet for playing around with at home and was wondering if you or anyone could give me a quick noob how-to to get a custom rom installed? I've already rooted using z4root, but that's as far as I can get. I would really like to have google play, etc. installed and working but I can't seem to install the apk.

I've tried following the instructions on this site http://augendev.wikispaces.com/
but I can't get past the adb for beginners part (I'm obviously not up to beginner status yet).

I'm not new to rooting - I've installed custom roms on many of my higher end android devices in the past, and though I was at least at the beginner level. This old tablet has me stumped...

Because I'm already rooted, shouldn't it be as easy as installing CWM and then a rom? How do I do this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Old info but try the slatedroid wiki http://www.slatedroid.com/wiki/index.php?title=Augen_Gentouch

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How can I power this thing on the go?
    Stupid question, I've got the market working also, but see the same only 300 or so apps. You mention getting a different vending.apk, can you tell me where you got yours, and how can I tell what version I have?

Thanks in advance.

i'll attach the vending.apk I pulled from the other site, also i've done the market unlock for 2.0 listed on the wiki thread. The only other thing i've noticed is that you dont have the option to scroll down in portrait mode, only landscape.
    Gentouchpad, I've got a wifi advanced config editor that will get you on WEP if you're still interested. I mean... we've been working awefully hard to get it working for you...

goodintentions.... what can I say? once WEP and then WPA did not work I was already in the weeds with ethernet cables and laptops laying around, had to flash firmware as a last resort. you know what they say, once you go WPA you never go back.
    Thanks though. I recall numerous others stuck with WEP who are having trouble as well.
    :)
    Did both updates following linckracker's instructions. No problems at all.

Thanks linc!
    dude seriously are you a complete ****ing retard?
    the GT78 does NOT have a stylus, never came with one and doesnt even have aslot to slide a stylus in it.....

now who won the rude and stupid award you looser.

yeah, you a little stupid. its got a stylus, just like pretty much everything else with a resistive touch screen..., and yes this device still does have some promise if some big names would start working on it. but i guess im gonna take mine back and get a rocktab