Developers list [expected/rumours/sure]

Search This thread

varshil

Sep 4, 2010
mumbai
Xperia Z is a raw beast! It can be made a full fledged beast with the help of our awesome devs. So who all [devs] are buying it? All users can add rumours or expected devs names too.

Sure devs list (will be listed once the dev buys the cell)-
1) Free Xperia Team (fxp, bin4ry, defer, kali)
2)krabappel2548
3) codeworkx
4) doomlord
5) thunderising
6) entropy512

Expected/ wished list-
1) franco
2) gokhanmoral
3) indie
4) skritch
4) Till-Kruspe
5) zdzihu
6) Johnsodr80
7) nikholtus
8) riyal
9) pongnamu
10) chasmodo
11) antiochasylum
12) utacka
13) feravolt
14) niaboc79
15) hiemanshu
16) alienmind
17) lord clockan
18) Championswimmer
Start commenting on it guys.

Last edited:

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Entropy512 has been considering it.

It really depends on North American availability, which has been a consistent problem for Sony. (They know this and are working on it.)

I have a great dislike for grey market imports... If I can't get it in my country with manufacturer warranty for hardware defects, I'm far less likely to purchase it.

Unfortunately, the pattern has been that in the USA, you only have three choices:
1) Carrier-mangled version with locked bootloader that cannot be unlocked
2) Previous-generation device (unlockable TL units are just becoming available now...)
3) Grey market import

If Sony sorts out their North American supply chain and the Z is available in this country in a timely fashion without going through AT&T - I will definitely be getting it. If it's the same story as the TL was... Maybe, not sure.

kornklown69

Jan 21, 2011
Springfield, Missouri
It really depends on North American availability, which has been a consistent problem for Sony. (They know this and are working on it.)

I have a great dislike for grey market imports... If I can't get it in my country with manufacturer warranty for hardware defects, I'm far less likely to purchase it.

Unfortunately, the pattern has been that in the USA, you only have three choices:
1) Carrier-mangled version with locked bootloader that cannot be unlocked
2) Previous-generation device (unlockable TL units are just becoming available now...)
3) Grey market import

If Sony sorts out their North American supply chain and the Z is available in this country in a timely fashion without going through AT&T - I will definitely be getting it. If it's the same story as the TL was... Maybe, not sure.

haven't seen you in awhile man... this is going to be a well supported phone if we can get support from sony to unlock bootloaders... by way OP Johnsodr80 is considering it as well from The Collective team

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnsondr80

xiFIL

Jul 11, 2012
Personally for me i will be looking for codeworxz & fraco to help with the development of the xperia Z, codeworxz has the ability to make cm roms with little to none sources as possible, while on the other hand francos kernels are stable as hell and are a good replacement to the stock kernel

Reactions: josephnero

varshil

Sep 4, 2010
mumbai
I don't know if you know me, but I want to buy it too ;)

But, since I'm just a student I'm not sure I can jump from XS to the new Xperia Z :(

Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app

ya i have very little idea about you, since i never had xperia S. but it would be just awesome if u buy it and help in the development...:good:

LIST UPDATED

varshil

Sep 4, 2010
mumbai
it really depends on north american availability, which has been a consistent problem for sony. (they know this and are working on it.)

i have a great dislike for grey market imports... If i can't get it in my country with manufacturer warranty for hardware defects, i'm far less likely to purchase it.

Unfortunately, the pattern has been that in the usa, you only have three choices:
1) carrier-mangled version with locked bootloader that cannot be unlocked
2) previous-generation device (unlockable tl units are just becoming available now...)
3) grey market import

if sony sorts out their north american supply chain and the z is available in this country in a timely fashion without going through at&t - i will definitely be getting it. If it's the same story as the tl was... Maybe, not sure.

man, we just hope that you buy it.. We need you too man! Sony should gift one!

fatjivi

Jan 23, 2012
OnePlus 5T
If codeworkx, entropy and gokhanmoral get this phone then this is the phone for me. They saved the s2 development when Samsung did everything to kill it. If sony helps developers to bring nexus like experience to this phone then this device is a winner with top notch specs and build quality plus great custom ROM support.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: josephnero

krabappel2548

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2011
Lommel
add me to the expected/not sure list:)

I'm searching to buy it as cheap as possible :)

And I talked to DooMLoRD, he won't buy it with release, because he already has some other devices.

So maybe you can edit your first post to:
- Wanted/expected, but not sure yet
- These will buy it
- Probably not/but still wanted

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
I'm searching to buy it as cheap as possible :)

And I talked to DooMLoRD, he won't buy it with release, because he already has some other devices.

So maybe you can edit your first post to:
- Wanted/expected, but not sure yet
- These will buy it
- Probably not/but still wanted

though i love the design and the power of the device i probably may not buy it at launch as i have spent a lot on gadgets (bought lenses worth 400$+ for my DSLR Canon 550D) in the past few months...

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
haven't see you in awhile man... this is going to be a well supported phone if we can get support from sony to unlock bootloaders... by way OP Johnsodr80 is considering it as well from The Collective team

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium
Yeah. I hope Sony manages to find some way to get AT&T to allow unlock this time around.

Also I must admit - if AT&T gets the non-waterproof ZL I REALLY hope that the waterproof Z is sold in this country directly.

Reactions: kornklown69

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AW: Developers list [expected/rumours/sure]

FXP team (and so the CM Xperia Team) will definelty support this devices, just to confirm and you can stop asking via PN ;)

Regards
    Hey all!
    I just bought a Z. So i will jump into the development too ;)
    I gotta say, I'm very impressed with the Z, it's gonna be fun digging into the kernel sources.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2
    Considering? Cody n Entropy are definitely coming.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using XDA Premium app!
    Not definite... As I stated earlier in this thread, it depends on the whole North American availability situation. I hate greymarket imports.

If I may say something about donation drives, I'd like to say something. I'm not against it, but actually I don't really like the concept on the other hand. To be honest it's never quite fair to make a donation drive for only one or 2 developers.

Then some others would feel like they are less important for the community. The developers that really want the device will come eventually most of the time :)

Thanks

I really dislike donation drives. In the long run, it makes things worse off for users. Donation drive recipients are often people who hop devices frequently, and users rarely get their money's worth.

Donation drives make sense when:
    A device has been on the market for a few weeks and there has been a clearly identified roadblock that needs expert assistance. For example, a locked bootloader.
    A device has been on the market for a few months and no one has yet "stepped up".

It's far better to give someone who actually chose to purchase the device with their own money some time to get up to speed than to get a "quick fix" from someone who will probably drop the device after only a month or two, or will shovel something out and then rapidly drop support.
    I am not sure whether you guys know me, cause I work on 2010 Xperias (x10mini, pro and x8). I will develop for xperia z and zl, too :)

Sent from my E10i using Tapatalk 2