[q] magicsim elite - galaxy s3 dual sim adapter

Search This thread

zardoz99

Jul 26, 2010
Has anyone had any experience of the MAGICSIM ELITE - GALAXY S3 DUAL SIM ADAPTER? I have tried it in my SGS3 and a) it's incredibly tight and b) it reports "no SIM".

It may be that I am being paranoid but I really don't want to force the micro-SIM and the adapter in too hard. Even when I think I have it in OK, it doesn't see the SIM cards.

Teach me....

mattsnap

Nov 12, 2011
Yep I've got one, works fine. Just pushed it in with my finger nail until the spring load clicked in place. If in doubt maybe just email Magic-sim?

neric421

Sep 11, 2008
it seems Magicsim ELITE doesn't exist ... check on magicsim.com there is no ELITE product ... I've ask them and they are not aware about "ELITE" ... so it's smell fake product their are more expensive and have the same software/hard as magicsim 28th PLUS as you can find on www.magicsim.com/site

mattsnap

Nov 12, 2011
It looks more like it was developed especially by them as I have both the older 28th version and the new elite one and they are definately different.

mattsnap

Nov 12, 2011
it seems Magicsim ELITE doesn't exist ... check on magicsim.com there is no ELITE product ... I've ask them and they are not aware about "ELITE" ... so it's smell fake product their are more expensive and have the same software/hard as magicsim 28th PLUS as you can find on www.magicsim.com/site

Nerdic421 all of your posts are advertising a company called eurodualsim which seem to sell fake Magicsim products..... Looks like youve been BUSTED! Lol

Nice try.

zardoz99

Jul 26, 2010
OK, I finally got it installed and fired up with the help of Danny at www.magic-sim.co.uk.

Pity that it really doesn't work at all well. The Dual Sim application is visible and flips between SIMs. However, it's REALLY REALLY slow to register the SIM at boot time and then at switchover time. It is also very unstable and will drop both SIMs out of service at times, which kinda makes the phone useless.

All in all £35 wasted, but "Caveat Emptor" I guess. I have given up with this.

Z.

mattsnap

Nov 12, 2011
OK, I finally got it installed and fired up with the help of Danny at www.magic-sim.co.uk.

Pity that it really doesn't work at all well. The Dual Sim application is visible and flips between SIMs. However, it's REALLY REALLY slow to register the SIM at boot time and then at switchover time. It is also very unstable and will drop both SIMs out of service at times, which kinda makes the phone useless.

All in all £35 wasted, but "Caveat Emptor" I guess. I have given up with this.

Z.

I had a similar responsiveness issue with a dual sim adapter I got for my old S2 but it was because I was using a sim card that was about 3 years old and that was causing the issue. Once I replaced that it was fine, maybe this is the issue you're having. This ones working really well in my S3, takes about 20 seconds to switch sims and has been extremely stable so far.

zardoz99

Jul 26, 2010
The primary SIM is a micro SIM and is about 4 weeks old direct from T-Mobiles local store. The other one is an elderly FIDO SIM but that's not even getting looked at during the boot process.

mattsnap

Nov 12, 2011
The primary SIM is a micro SIM and is about 4 weeks old direct from T-Mobiles local store. The other one is an elderly FIDO SIM but that's not even getting looked at during the boot process.

I'd bet you my right arm that your outdated sim is what's causing you mischief. These things rely on the full circuit so even when you're just using the first sim the signal is running through the second sim. My issue was also because of an old sim in the sim 2 slot.

Change that sim and I bet it works as it should!

liamhammond

Dec 7, 2011
Brillo! Moved overto the S3 a week ago and my Magicsim ELITE is working nicely. I've got experience with these but I found installation easy.

Kurai Kitsune

Jun 2, 2010
Northampton
There's like 3 magicsim websites out there. Which one is the legit one or the best one for us UK ppls?
Also, have any of you had a problem with the fit under the cover? seems to me like there might be a bit of a bulge. Any issue with cases?

liamhammond

Dec 7, 2011
There's like 3 magicsim websites out there. Which one is the legit one or the best one for us UK ppls?
Also, have any of you had a problem with the fit under the cover? seems to me like there might be a bit of a bulge. Any issue with cases?

I've had a few from www.magic-sim.com and always experienced a great service and product. They're also based in the UK so I've always had the item the next day. No bulge at all btw.

syamsoul

Dec 25, 2010
can someone confirm me, the magicsim is ok to buy or not. and is it effecting NFC usage?

The ones for which the adapter is working, can you tell me what kind of subscriptions you have (3G, LTE)?

My issue is that I can go up to HPSA+ on my SIM 1 (the one fitting the original S3 SIM slot) while on the second SIM, I'm blocked at EDGE. I tested the second SIM on another phone and there it goes up to HSPA+.

Also, to get it to EDGE, I have, after switching to the SIM 2, activate GSM only networks on the settings so that it register itself to the network first and then activate data services. A complete mess...

Could it be that SIM 2 is too old for dual sim adapters? How can one tell this?

Thanks in advance