Galaxy Note 2 vs Galaxy Note : Size Comparison

Search This thread

tolisHD

Jun 21, 2010
They made the screen slightly narrow than the 1st note because:
1. they wanted the 16:9 ratio (best viewing for movies)
2. to make it more comfortable to hold in your hand.

@Sforever31 Note 2 has more features and more power!

Baldilocks

May 31, 2010
Dover, DE
The perceived pixel density will be higher though, so images will LOOK a lot better. And like someone mentioned, no more jagged pentile lines like I see on my GS3.

Reactions: balabala123

dannytill

Oct 21, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Who said it has RGB instead of pentile? Samsung just says HD Super AMOLED no plus so I'm not sure where you got that from.

http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/galaxynote/note2/spec.html?type=find

720P is better for watching HD videos, ALSO you get RGB matrix vs pentile :)

The perceived pixel density will be higher though, so images will LOOK a lot better. And like someone mentioned, no more jagged pentile lines like I see on my GS3.

Last edited:

CreepyDroid

Apr 19, 2012
It is RGB (every pixel owns his 3 subpixel) but the arrangement of the subpixels is different from the ordinary RGB screens, thus the missing 'Plus' in the name.

Look at this stupid image that I've made with my super awesome MS Paint skills :p

745995Sanstitr.png

In the left you have a normal RGB pixel (ONE X, S 2, Lumia 920 ...) and on the right you have a Note II pixel. The blue one was made bigger because amoled blue subpixels die faster than green and red. How the screen will perform in real life remains to be seen but I bet it will be much better than pentile.

non1oson

Feb 14, 2012
I was a bit disappointed about the screen being longer and not the same width, but reading a bit about it so far I think it will be beneficial to me to upgrade because I mainly use it for movies.

juanzr1

Mar 16, 2011
I know for a fact the note isn't going to be comfortable when riding a bike or going for a run , that's the only problem. And I usually want to have my phone with me at all times. Don't know if I should get the s3 just because it's more portable, the note 2 is definitely the better device though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Hotobu

May 27, 2012
I know for a fact the note isn't going to be comfortable when riding a bike or going for a run , that's the only problem. And I usually want to have my phone with me at all times. Don't know if I should get the s3 just because it's more portable, the note 2 is definitely the better device though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Get a wristband?

Jade Eyed Wolf

Nov 4, 2010
Arlington Virginia
It is RGB (every pixel owns his 3 subpixel) but the arrangement of the subpixels is different from the ordinary RGB screens, thus the missing 'Plus' in the name.

Look at this stupid image that I've made with my super awesome MS Paint skills :p

745995Sanstitr.png

In the left you have a normal RGB pixel (ONE X, S 2, Lumia 920 ...) and on the right you have a Note II pixel. The blue one was made bigger because amoled blue subpixels die faster than green and red. How the screen will perform in real life remains to be seen but I bet it will be much better than pentile.

I was initially skeptical about Samsung's choice in going for not only a low resolution screen but also a bigger display area. However, after I learned that they've also decided to ditch PenTile in favour of this new RGB matrix, I breathed a heavy sigh of relief.

I can't WAIT to see how nice this display looks in person!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I made a fun video comparing the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and the Galaxy Note 1 in dimensions and size!

p.s.: The Galaxy Note 1 is a NTT DoCoMo branded phone from Japan I borrowed from a friend.

745995Sanstitr.png