pairing via bluetooth with no sim

Search This thread

b.huss2

Dec 8, 2010
Greenville
Google Pixel 7 Pro
also wondering how this would work with a sim card when you leave your phone at home , does the sim have the same phone number as your current cell number ? kinda weird almost like a cloned sim card no ?

I was kinda wondering about how that works myself. I wouldn't want another line or number for my watch, but an extension of my phone. One number, 2 devices, is that possible?

Shoulon

Apr 12, 2008
I was kinda wondering about how that works myself. I wouldn't want another line or number for my watch, but an extension of my phone. One number, 2 devices, is that possible?

I'd like to know this also. I'd imagine it'll belike the PS Vita. Use a simcard for 3G Data only.

sohebq

Aug 20, 2011
RAWALPINDI

It depends on your carrier if it allows, 1 number on2 devices is quite possible.

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 (The beauty & beast)

joytest

Apr 22, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
It is called Multi-SIM.

You get 1 MSISDN (tel no) but multiple IMSI (the registration number on the SIM card). Some internal routing makes it possible to receive calls and SMS on 1 SIM, but you can make calls and SMS on all SIMs.

At least that's how it works here in Malaysia.
The telco Maxis allows up to 6 IMSIs per MSISDN, 1 primary and 5 subs.

G

GuestK00386

It is called Multi-SIM.

You get 1 MSISDN (tel no) but multiple IMSI (the registration number on the SIM card). Some internal routing makes it possible to receive calls and SMS on 1 SIM, but you can make calls and SMS on all SIMs.

At least that's how it works here in Malaysia.
The telco Maxis allows up to 6 IMSIs per MSISDN, 1 primary and 5 subs.

Although in Malaysia they may have multi sim carriers I work for bell mobility and I'm pretty confident in saying that in Canada and the usa none are multi sim carriers.

Here is how I think it will work, you get a new number on a standalone $10 plan or either on a $10 share plan with your phone line. Once the watch is disconnected from Bluetooth on the phone the phone will forward calls to the number on the watch.

Just a theory though won't know much until we get it

rmont23

Apr 8, 2013
Although in Malaysia they may have multi sim carriers I work for bell mobility and I'm pretty confident in saying that in Canada and the usa none are multi sim carriers.

Here is how I think it will work, you get a new number on a standalone $10 plan or either on a $10 share plan with your phone line. Once the watch is disconnected from Bluetooth on the phone the phone will forward calls to the number on the watch.

Just a theory though won't know much until we get it

will it also forward emails and messeges?

G

GuestK00386

I would think you would just set the email up on the gear s and the texts would be forwarded the same way calls are

Uniquebarbee

Oct 29, 2014
I am wondering as well as I have Sprint with UCCI cards and not SIM card so how does this work when it's tied to a SIM card. Basically they would treat the gear S as a Tablet only plan. so instead of the 10$ for the tablet plan it's the gear S. And what happens when you go over your data minutes I'm unlimited on my Note 4 but it say's the gear S will come with 500mb a month I'm confused