Cm11 - need help flashing new baseband

Search This thread

fadern

Aug 15, 2014
Stockholm
Hi,

Does anyone know how to flash/update a new baseband? I've tried to use flashtool but haven't got it to work. Flashtool says it went good but the baseband has still the same version (39). I want to update to (51)

mdc1983uk

Aug 19, 2013
Baseband version is not read off the partition, it's hard coded into the ROM - so show's version the ROM you are using originally came with. Rest assured so long as flash was successful you have upgraded the baseband.

Hi,

Does anyone know how to flash/update a new baseband? I've tried to use flashtool but haven't got it to work. Flashtool says it went good but the baseband has still the same version (39). I want to update to (51)

fadern

Aug 15, 2014
Stockholm
Baseband version is not read off the partition, it's hard coded into the ROM - so show's version the ROM you are using originally came with. Rest assured so long as flash was successful you have upgraded the baseband.
OK, thank you for your reply. So is there any way to se the actual version of the baseband?

mdc1983uk

Aug 19, 2013
No need for thanks, just hit the button :good:

I don't think you actually can in any simple way. I struggle to think when you are best off with anything but the latest baseband so you just flash it and leave it alone until Sony bring out another major update... Technically I suppose you could rip it from the handset onto PC and search it for a version number or something amongst all the code if you really wanted to find out but I don't know if it's even there in plain text - never looked - and I see no reason to need to do it.

Aside from that they should either fix that little bug in Android or just take the whole baseband info out if they can't.

OK, thank you for your reply. So is there any way to se the actual version of the baseband?

mdc1983uk

Aug 19, 2013
I read it on here somewhere ages ago I am sure. I always wondered why the baseband changed testing out ROM's on the T. 90% of the time I never flashed a baseband or the ROM didn't even include one yet the last 2 digits at least always changed. It could be different on the Z1C to the T but I wouldn't have thought so... If someone proves me wrong I apologise. Literally been using this phone a few hours and it's great. I am thinking keep this one on stock for now, just root and xposed my way into freedom and enjoy the thing its a real nice phone.

Are you sure?

So we should find the baseband version defined in the device specific tree - but i see nothing there...

Where do you get the info about hardcoding?

Reactions: fadern

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I read it on here somewhere ages ago I am sure. I always wondered why the baseband changed testing out ROM's on the T. 90% of the time I never flashed a baseband or the ROM didn't even include one yet the last 2 digits at least always changed. It could be different on the Z1C to the T but I wouldn't have thought so... If someone proves me wrong I apologise. Literally been using this phone a few hours and it's great. I am thinking keep this one on stock for now, just root and xposed my way into freedom and enjoy the thing its a real nice phone.

Are you sure?

So we should find the baseband version defined in the device specific tree - but i see nothing there...

Where do you get the info about hardcoding?