Votes: 16 64.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

tekkenl0rd13

Nov 27, 2012
Yesterday, Samsung U.S. confirmed that 14 devices will soon be making the switch to Android 4.4 KitKat. However, there was no mention of when international models would be receiving the KitKat update. Fret not users, as we now have confirmation as to which international models will be getting the Android 4.4 KitKat update. The list is Samsung Poland’s official KitKat update list that was obtained today by Polish blogger Robert Nawrowski. It is to be noted that not all models listed below would be making the switch to KitKat right away. They will move to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, and eventually receive KitKat.

Here are the international models that will be making the switch to Android 4.4 KitKat:

Galaxy Note 3
Galaxy Note 2
Galaxy S4
Galaxy S4 Active
Galaxy S4 Zoom
Galaxy Mega 6.3
Galaxy Mega 5.8
Galaxy Grand
Galaxy Express
Galaxy Note 8.0
Galaxy Note 10.1
Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition
Galaxy Tab 3 7.0
Galaxy Tab 3 8.0
Galaxy Tab 3 10.1

The list is identical to the list of models detailed by Samsung U.S., although unlike the U.S. list, it isn’t clear as to when these mobiles will receive the OTA update. Most devices launched last year are included in the list, with a few notable exclusions like the Galaxy Core. It is interesting to see that the Galaxy S3 won’t be making the switch to Android 4.4 KitKat, but considering that it is now close to two years since its official launch, we won’t blame Samsung for giving the S3 a miss.

Source:http://www.sammobile.com/2014/02/20/global-kitkat-update-list-for-multiple-devices-confirmed-by-samsung-poland/

Last edited:

tekkenl0rd13

Nov 27, 2012
It's grand only else 2 would have been mentioned. But still can't trust the same until official word is heard from Samsung itself.

Its from Samsung Poland

The good news is that this list is even bigger than the US-centric one, with 17 devices on it: Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S4 Active, Galaxy S4 Mini, Galaxy S4 Zoom, Galaxy Note II, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy Mega 5.8, Galaxy Grand, Galaxy Express 2, Galaxy Note 10.1, Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition, Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Tab 3 7.0, Galaxy Tab 3 8.0, Galaxy Tab 3 10.1, and Galaxy Grand 2 LTE. Some of these may jump directly to 4.4, and others that are running older software versions may still receive some interim updates as well.

Source: http://www.unwiredview.com/2014/02/20/international-samsung-galaxy-s-iii-wont-get-android-4-4-kitkat-update-17-other-devices-will/

I wonder the DUOS(I9082) version of Galaxy Grand will have the official ones.

but sure thing is if Galaxy Grand will receive the official update, it can make our existing 4.4 ROMs more stable.

Also, Galaxy S III wont receive it because of not enough RAM (1Gb), same then Galaxy Grand has the same amount

or RAM (1Gb) though will recieve an Official ones.

I think of two things on this:

1. If Galaxy Grand will receive Kitkat, Galaxy S III will receive it well, worst case, both phones will not receive it.

2. Galaxy Grand (only 12Months Old)is around Google's 18-month rule, while Galaxy S III is almost 20months Old.

Last edited:

Gintu

Jan 28, 2013
www.vapourweb.com
it's for sure grand will recieve 4.3 and let's hope 4.4 in future after android 5 update release in future:victory::D
but am gona keep my lovely grand for that long until it taste real kitkat love my grand so much:crying::D:cool:

Feb 13, 2014
Wow thats a great news
Im happy for 4.4 kitkat on Samsung grand.

Wow thats a greatest news for all samsung grand users.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

raghavsharmaxda

Dec 14, 2013
mumbai
does ur so called kitkat has dual sim? This post is for those who want samsung firmware and use dual sim... Or those who can root but are not comfortable with Custom roms...

First..its not SO-CALLED KitKat..it is FREAKING KitKat ..developers leave everything for days, their personal time,sitting just on that freaking screen, not making their ass off just so that WE can get KitKat and custom Roms ..so atleast don't insult them and their hard work by calling them SO-CALLED KITKAT..it is kitkat(every driver,single lib, single .dex file,single smali ) everything is pure kitkat...not so stop such comments u make especially with words "soCALLED" ..

Now abt the Samsung thingy .. @black87 only said that we already got KitKat(as that guy said waiting for KitKat)
there are many new comers who don't even know galaxy grand duos got custom KitKat Roms.. That's why the guy just made a point!!
Well informing something ain't a crime , is it ? :eek: ....

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jayc137

sidkota

Feb 26, 2012
Mumbai
First..its not SO-CALLED KitKat..it is FREAKING KitKat ..developers leave everything for days, their personal time,sitting just on that freaking screen, not making their ass off just so that WE can get KitKat and custom Roms ..so atleast don't insult them and their hard work by calling them SO-CALLED KITKAT..it is kitkat(every driver,single lib, single .dex file,single smali ) everything is pure kitkat...not so stop such comments u make especially with words "soCALLED" ..

Now abt the Samsung thingy .. @black87 only said that we already got KitKat(as that guy said waiting for KitKat)
there are many new comers who don't even know galaxy grand duos got custom KitKat Roms.. That's why the guy just made a point!!

Informing isn't a crime, but for normal users custom roms is not a daily driver... Neither these ROMS give full functionality, neither they are as enjoyable as stock ROMS are..
And taunting that we had kitkat long ago seems bad, coz d basic thing is missing, and thats Dual SIM support, thats y most of the people bought this phone...

Reactions: pb.veera

raghavsharmaxda

Dec 14, 2013
mumbai
Informing isn't a crime, but for normal users custom roms is not a daily driver... Neither these ROMS give full functionality, neither they are as enjoyable as stock ROMS are..
And taunting that we had kitkat long ago seems bad, coz d basic thing is missing, and thats Dual SIM support, thats y most of the people bought this phone...

Depending heavily on personnel choice that someone uses dual Sim or not, claiming that custom Roms don't give full functionality sounds baseless..
Gimme second reason except dual sim problem.!
I get that many are scared to root and gain extra functional access to device(as it might brick the phone ), but one can't truly become a tester if he hasn't bricked his device(trust me, 100% guys brick their device for some obvious reasons and inexperience). That is why Xda is for..
Guiding u on all steps and helping out to resolve problems (telling u pros and con's)..

I know u waiting for the official release of tw, but I would recommend to just once give kk(customs) a try , and u will get it what am talking about!
For those who are scared of bricking their device,
DONT BE, NOTHING CAN EVER HAPPEN WRONG WITH IT(just keep backup in PC, that's all)..

sidkota

Feb 26, 2012
Mumbai
Depending heavily on personnel choice that someone uses dual Sim or not, claiming that custom Roms don't give full functionality sounds baseless..
Gimme second reason except dual sim problem.!
I get that many are scared to root and gain extra functional access to device(as it might brick the phone ), but one can't truly become a tester if he hasn't bricked his device(trust me, 100% guys brick their device for some obvious reasons and inexperience). That is why Xda is for..
Guiding u on all steps and helping out to resolve problems (telling u pros and con's)..

I know u waiting for the official release of tw, but I would recommend to just once give kk(customs) a try , and u will get it what am talking about!
For those who are scared of bricking their device,
DONT BE, NOTHING CAN EVER HAPPEN WRONG WITH IT(just keep backup in PC, that's all)..

Ive bricked my every phone, but those were single sim devices and specially bought grand for dual sim use...
Have used Carbon, ProBam, Resurrection, and ended up flashing stock for dual sim purpose...
I salute the developers who give time to our devices, but every1 can't be comfortable with custom roms and thats my point...
I myself am a contributor, i don't develop, but i can be troubleshooter for most of the people, and i know how much pain it is, to make phones running smooth...

black87

Aug 17, 2013
It's up to you :D
Ive bricked my every phone, but those were single sim devices and specially bought grand for dual sim use...
Have used Carbon, ProBam, Resurrection, and ended up flashing stock for dual sim purpose...
I salute the developers who give time to our devices, but every1 can't be comfortable with custom roms and thats my point...
I myself am a contributor, i don't develop, but i can be troubleshooter for most of the people, and i know how much pain it is, to make phones running smooth...

Dont discuss this on this thread. Just get back to the topic :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update also depends upon the popularity of the device

Sent from my GT-I9082 using xda app-developers app
    Yesterday, Samsung U.S. confirmed that 14 devices will soon be making the switch to Android 4.4 KitKat. However, there was no mention of when international models would be receiving the KitKat update. Fret not users, as we now have confirmation as to which international models will be getting the Android 4.4 KitKat update. The list is Samsung Poland’s official KitKat update list that was obtained today by Polish blogger Robert Nawrowski. It is to be noted that not all models listed below would be making the switch to KitKat right away. They will move to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, and eventually receive KitKat.

Here are the international models that will be making the switch to Android 4.4 KitKat:

Galaxy Note 3
    Galaxy Note 2
    Galaxy S4
    Galaxy S4 Active
    Galaxy S4 Zoom
    Galaxy Mega 6.3
    Galaxy Mega 5.8
    Galaxy Grand
    Galaxy Express
    Galaxy Note 8.0
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition
    Galaxy Tab 3 7.0
    Galaxy Tab 3 8.0
    Galaxy Tab 3 10.1

The list is identical to the list of models detailed by Samsung U.S., although unlike the U.S. list, it isn’t clear as to when these mobiles will receive the OTA update. Most devices launched last year are included in the list, with a few notable exclusions like the Galaxy Core. It is interesting to see that the Galaxy S3 won’t be making the switch to Android 4.4 KitKat, but considering that it is now close to two years since its official launch, we won’t blame Samsung for giving the S3 a miss.

Source:http://www.sammobile.com/2014/02/20/global-kitkat-update-list-for-multiple-devices-confirmed-by-samsung-poland/
    does ur so called kitkat has dual sim? This post is for those who want samsung firmware and use dual sim... Or those who can root but are not comfortable with Custom roms...

A little update on the list :)

Galaxy Note 3
    Galaxy S4
    Galaxy S4 Active
    Galaxy S4 Mini
    Galaxy S4 Zoom
    Galaxy Note II
    Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition)
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Galaxy Note 8.0
    Galaxy Tab 3 8.0
    Galaxy Tab 3 7.0
    Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
    Galaxy Mega 6.3
    Galaxy Mega 5.8
    Galaxy Grand
    Galaxy Express 2
    Galaxy Grand 2 LTE

Source: http://topheadlinesdaily.com/samsungs-android-4-4-kitkat-roadmap-revealed-galaxy-s3-missing-capital-technologies/