[APP][2.3.3-4.1][ROOT] BlueCtrl - Bluetooth input device emulator

Search This thread

mon5trum

Apr 1, 2012
Las Vegas
Let me say it again! If this app is updated with support for new bluetooth stacks, I would pay for it.

I really like this app!
Money has been offered before and by multiple people. You are just better off getting an old android device and keeping it on its or lower like I did, or purchasing a Bluetooth keyboard, as they make them in several sizes. It is the sad reality as both apps are so great.

JimZiii

May 31, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S9
@josuearisty
I totally agree with you
@mon5trum
Like i said in the other thread, it was 9 in the morning, i was tired and just about to go to bed. I was just wondering about the support and if there were any other app like this except from blueputdroid. So im sorry but i really dont see the problem in posting almost the same post in 2 different threads when i was wondering the same thing about both apps. And you cant complain about me posting the same thing when you did the same thing to respond.. But if its a problem and im the only one who dont see it im sorry for "double posting"

jeppo

Mar 2, 2006
This app only works up to Android 4.1. Any version more recent than that (4.2 onwards) will not work because Android now uses a different BT stack that does not allow "simulation". So there is nothing the dev can do.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

nyigunyi

Oct 14, 2016
New version

Please this app is a grat idea. Why is not a version compatible with android 4.2 or higher?

jayshetti

Oct 11, 2017
Compatible issue

Hi
I installed BlueCtrl app i am currently using android 6.0 .
Whenever i launch app it displays error message saying android version isn't compatible with this app.
could you please guide me to fix this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *** REQUIRES ROOT PERMISSIONS ***
    *** NOT COMPATIBLE WITH ANDROID 4.2 ***

BlueCtrl is an open source Bluetooth input device emulator that can control remote devices. This means that you can use the touchscreen and keyboard of your Android device to control other devices which support Bluetooth.

Because this app is using the Bluetooth input standard, it supports various operating systems without any special server software. It has been successfully tested with the following systems:
    • Android
    • iOS
    • Linux (Fedora, Ubuntu...)
    • Mac OS X
    • PlayStation 3
    • Windows
    Please note that if you want to use this app with Microsoft Windows, you probably need to disable a conflicting Android service. For more information look at:

https://github.com/RonsDev/BlueCtrl/wiki/Bluetooth-input-service-conflict

This app requires root permissions because it needs direct access to the Bluetooth adapter. Another restriction is that it is only compatible with a specific Bluetooth stack that is called BlueZ, which is used on many but not all devices with a Android version smaller 4.2.

What's new
    • New system specific touchpad gestures
      The gestures are now optimized for the chosen remote device system. Linux and Windows systems also got a new setting for the gesture mode. So, for example, if you are using Windows 8 you can configure the appropriate gesture mode to enable the special Windows 8 edge gestures.
    • New interactive touchpad tutorial
      The interactive tutorial will explain all gestures for the current system and can be activated via the menu.
    • New menu item for composing text
      This is especially helpful if you want to write a longer text because you can keep your eyes on the device and see what you write and it also allows you to correct the text before it is send.
    • Voice input can be corrected before sending
      Voice input will be displayed in a edit box before it is send so that you are able to correct misinterpreted words.
    • New "Stay awake" setting
      This setting prevents that the device is going into standby and disconnects the connection. To save some energy the screen will however be dimmed after 30 seconds of inactivity.
    • New "Scroll sensitivity" setting
    • You can long press the keyboard button to change the input method
    Full Changelog

Project Page
    https://github.com/RonsDev/BlueCtrl
    Nice mate, great work :D

By Rizal Lovins Sundanesse@Lovins"Love Indonesia"
    Bad news: Incompatibility with Android 4.2

I have recently discovered that BlueCtrl is incompatible with Android 4.2. The reason for that is that the newest Android version doesn't use the BlueZ Bluetooth stack anymore (feature description of the new stack). I haven't examined the new Bluetooth stack yet but it is safe to say that supporting the new stack won't be easy (or maybe not even possible).

This is especially frustrating because after a longer time where the development almost halted, I have restarted the development of BlueCtrl (see code statistic) and also had a few bigger features for the future in mind. But now my motivation is gone and so I have decided to stop the development of BlueCtrl (at least for now).

Nevertheless, I still will release one new version with the last programmed features after I have stabilized them.
    Info for Windows users

I've created an “Update.zip” that can disable the conflicting Bluetooth input service so that BlueCtrl can pair with Windows systems. You can find more information and the download link here:

https://github.com/RonsDev/BlueCtrl/wiki/Bluetooth-input-service-conflict
    Version 2.2 released

Changelog
    • Select and "PS" buttons for PlayStation 3
    • Compatibility improvements for the volume buttons

Please note: The volume buttons will only work if the devices are paired with the new version.