[ALL ICS / JELLYBEAN / KIT KAT] Related Topics / Questions / News

Search This thread

Rho'd Berth

Jul 20, 2011
No 3D, better get other phone. I choose O3D because of 3D and HDMI. If there is other option better for this, I'll jump ship.

O3D without 3D is useless. I would have had a Note II already if the O3D wouldn't have had a good 3D camera.
I'm sticking to the flawed O3D till some manufacturer decides to build a new 3D cam phone.

There's a market for 3D phones, O3D sold more then 1 million units.
Making a 3D camera is easy, just attach 2 camera's to the phone and some software that doesn't even need to be that clever.

It's simply shocking that no manufacturer has released a real new 3D phone in the past 1,5 years. (O3D Max doesn't count, it's the same phone with a tad bit more memory).

I mean, there are all those niche phones out there that sell 100,000 - 500,000 times. But still no good 4.8" JB loaded quadcore HD screen 3D camera phone. Why? Why? Why?
I'm checking google every day for new 3D camera phones. The only new thing is some chinese phone with a 3D screen but a single camera :(
I could live without the 3D screen. All I need is a 3d camera. C'mon LG, just release an Optimus G 3D. Just add a camera to it. I don't care if it's a bit fatter. Nobody most probably cares who truly wants 3D. I do not need a fancy 3D menu or 3D apps. Just a 3D camera.

/disappointed rant

Reactions: The_Guest_Who

LeighR

Aug 17, 2012
^buy 2 cheap digital movie cameras and tape them together, then stitch the footage together yourself

Sent from my LG-SU760 using xda app-developers app

The_Guest_Who

Dec 30, 2012
O3D without 3D is useless. I would have had a Note II already if the O3D wouldn't have had a good 3D camera.
I'm sticking to the flawed O3D till some manufacturer decides to build a new 3D cam phone.

There's a market for 3D phones, O3D sold more then 1 million units.
Making a 3D camera is easy, just attach 2 camera's to the phone and some software that doesn't even need to be that clever.

It's simply shocking that no manufacturer has released a real new 3D phone in the past 1,5 years. (O3D Max doesn't count, it's the same phone with a tad bit more memory).

I mean, there are all those niche phones out there that sell 100,000 - 500,000 times. But still no good 4.8" JB loaded quadcore HD screen 3D camera phone. Why? Why? Why?
I'm checking google every day for new 3D camera phones. The only new thing is some chinese phone with a 3D screen but a single camera :(
I could live without the 3D screen. All I need is a 3d camera. C'mon LG, just release an Optimus G 3D. Just add a camera to it. I don't care if it's a bit fatter. Nobody most probably cares who truly wants 3D. I do not need a fancy 3D menu or 3D apps. Just a 3D camera.

/disappointed rant

I share your disappointment! However, I can see why there's no real push on 3D any more. In the US, 3D is widely regarded as a "gimmick", not a serious feature of any device that uses it. 3D camcorders are rare to find in most electronics stores (standalone 3D still cameras are virtually non-existent), and 3D Blu-Ray discs are few and expensive. 3D programming on cable and satellite is slimming down, and 3D TV's are listing 3D features even lower on the spec sheets.

When it comes to phones, there were only 2 in the US - the Thrill 4G (our Optimus 3D in AT&T's shackles), and the HTC EVO 3D (expensive, and hobbled by Sprint's infamously slow WiMAX and EV-DO networks). Both sold relatively poorly... the Thrill with outdated software and a late release (along with delayed Gingerbread and ghost calls), the EVO 3D with poor marketing. In fact, the EVO 3D is now being sold on a Sprint MVNO (Virgin Mobile), renamed as the EVO V 4G, and hardly a mention of its 3D capabilities. LG isn't helping our cause, with a limited release of the 3D Max and severely late ICS.

With CES around the corner, the push this year seems to be on Ultra HD (4K and 8K). 4K is great, but for the average human, I (literally) can't see that much of an improvement over 1080p in the living room. In a movie theatre, yes... on my wall from 3-4m away, not as much! It's a shame - now that 3D is getting better, with passive, high-frequency technology (cheap and light glasses, clearer imaging), nobody's interested. 2D to 3D is like the shift from black & white to color: a totally new experience... 1080p to 4k is evolutionary: clearer picture, but still the same flat image.

Okay, that's going a bit off topic... in short, the 3D "fad" is fading. I'll keep my O3D until it falls apart. I bought it for 3D imaging, and even with its (numerous) problems, it still does that well enough. I'd love it if LG would release an Optimus G-3D, but I'm not betting on it. I'd love them more if they would release ICS for the P920 ASAP! :laugh:

Reactions: zogu and boly007

xbsall

Feb 14, 2012
Home
for now it's ok but in the future surely you will change your mind !!!

And sometime in the future you will change your phone..
Thats how it goes, upgrades of software sooner or later require upgrade of hardware so enjoy what we already have done here without any help from LG.

Sent from my LG-P920 using xda app-developers app

shab_2008

Feb 25, 2012
And sometime in the future you will change your phone..
Thats how it goes, upgrades of software sooner or later require upgrade of hardware so enjoy what we already have done here without any help from LG.

Sent from my LG-P920 using xda app-developers app
I'm completely in agreement with you ! Your affort and other Devs is so valuable and I think we don't need to any update from LG (at least ICS ). We have a Ported ICS without any problem. In my point of view , the big chance for us and for this phone is the Professional Devs.

Last edited:

bether

Aug 28, 2010
On the ICS 4.0.4 port HDMI works like charm.
3D works very well.
PowerVR and Qualcomm games by the Chainfire3D work very well, eg "BruceLee DragonWarrior" which didn't work before.
Only issue Camera upside/down but I'm using "Set Orientation" from GooglePlay for repair that :)

cyclonmaster

Mar 27, 2011
cyclonmaster.blogspot.com
Thanks for the answer, so everything is working well except camera? How about FM radio/MMS? Camera upside/down problem existed in 2D or 3D camera or both?

I checked a lot of ICS port ROM and some of them adding JB 4.2.1 camera, does photosphere camera work?

Something new is that "Wkparks bootloader", what is it exactly? What it do? Does it come with ICS port?

Hmmm, which ICS ROM should I choose.....

zogu

May 5, 2011
Belgrade
Xiaomi Poco F3
Thanks for the answer, so everything is working well except camera? How about FM radio/MMS? Camera upside/down problem existed in 2D or 3D camera or both?

I checked a lot of ICS port ROM and some of them adding JB 4.2.1 camera, does photosphere camera work?

Something new is that "Wkparks bootloader", what is it exactly? What it do? Does it come with ICS port?

Hmmm, which ICS ROM should I choose.....
If you install good ported ICS (there is panty of them on first page in development section) everything works except 3d camera, actually 3d camera also works, but you have to start it directly from 3d camera icon, otherwise it will be upside down. Defcomg will fix this soon :) ;)
FM does not work, maybe with spirit FM and custom kernel?
Wkparks bootloader is cracked loader which works with unsigned (resigned) boot images, some rom does not need it, some need it, every custom kernel needs it. It is much better to install it.
Choose any rom, they are all better then any stock GB, i'm using darkroom international with iodak's kernel.

defcomg

Dec 10, 2006
If you install good ported ICS (there is panty of them on first page in development section) everything works except 3d camera, actually 3d camera also works, but you have to start it directly from 3d camera icon, otherwise it will be upside down. Defcomg will fix this soon :) ;)
FM does not work, maybe with spirit FM and custom kernel?
Wkparks bootloader is cracked loader which works with unsigned (resigned) boot images, some rom does not need it, some need it, every custom kernel needs it. It is much better to install it.
Choose any rom, they are all better then any stock GB, i'm using darkroom international with iodak's kernel.

About the radio the only thing missing is the Fm Application and this

Code:
.field public static final ACCESS_FM_RECEIVER:Ljava/lang/String; = "android.permission.ACCESS_FM_RECEIVER"

.field public static final ACCESS_FM_TRANSMITTER:Ljava/lang/String; = "android.permission.ACCESS_FM_TRANSMITTER"

in Manifest$permission the FM UID FM Audio Routing FM Framework Routing so i added the missing permissions to the framework and found an app that might work as it contains three classes one for T.I (P920) , Broadcom (P940/P970/L9) , QCT is assume that is for Qualcom

adb push framework /system/framework/
adb shell chmod 644 /system/framework/framework.jar

or in TWRP Copy it over
run a logcat while opening the app and tell me if it works if not save the logcat and post it back here

Attachments

• Binary.rar
    4.9 MB · Views: 7
Reactions: zogu

zogu

May 5, 2011
Belgrade
Xiaomi Poco F3
About the radio the only thing missing is the Fm Application and this

adb push framework /system/framework/
adb shell chmod 644 /system/framework/framework.jar

or in TWRP Copy it over
run a logcat while opening the app and tell me if it works if not save the logcat and post it back here
Can't make it work, provided FMradio.apk does not install (copying to /data/app or double click on apk), spiritfm does not start. Later i will upload logcat for spiritfm.

defcomg

Dec 10, 2006
Can't make it work, provided FMradio.apk does not install (copying to /data/app or double click on apk), spiritfm does not start. Later i will upload logcat for spiritfm.

i can make it installable but i think that messes with the classes copy it system/app rw-r-r did you use new framework ?

l0ozak

Feb 6, 2011
i got a question.

What is the most stable and fully working (3d and hdmi) and fastest ics custom rom available now ? is it the xball's last one v30b? because im a noob in moding.. but the GB is so ****.n ugly i want to change it to ICS.. so would be glad for a answer

cheers

defcomg

Dec 10, 2006
i got a question.

What is the most stable and fully working (3d and hdmi) and fastest ics custom rom available now ? is it the xball's last one v30b? because im a noob in moding.. but the GB is so ****.n ugly i want to change it to ICS.. so would be glad for a answer

cheers

all ICS Roms have xbsall ICS - THE OG ROM as the base and it was pretty stable when i used it so i suppose they all stable the rest is all about customzation more languages themes plugins OC and all that

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HELLO :D :D :D :D

2012_10_26_02_17_55.jpg
    Ok guys its official now..
    I booted ICS check back in 15 minutes ill post the video.
    Getting closer day by day..

I managed to get decompression and after reboot it doesnt bootloop..(and it gets recognised by windows.. ) :good:
    Thats all im gonna say for now.. ;)

No promises so dont get over excited.. and don't ask about how i did it.
    All i can say is that i believe we ae close enough but then again who knows. :/
    ICSXBSALL.jpg

WE ARE BACK