[Q] MyDOG ateMY charger...just the$80 piece!

Search This thread

andywhite2008

Jan 15, 2014
So my dog ate my charger a few days back, and just the piece that clips in to the tablet s charge port. The charger is $80 on amazon and $70-110 many other sites. They just don't have chargers that aren't with a tablet a as well online. There are no used chargers for a tablet a on craigslist lol I wish....$5 fresh off the truck . So as I don't want to resort to buying another charger I tried utilizing the tablet s mini USB port on the side near the memory card slot with a mini USB regular android charger and also checked if it could and would work in the forums and it did not....

So my question is can I take those two wires (black and white) in the pic and kinda lay them anywhere specific in the charge port on my tablet s or cut the back and place them anywhere special? Any tech savvy advice would Be helpful or a plain no so I have to suck it up an go buy one although I'm just missing that magical diamond played $80 tip that make it unique to Sony . Arghhhhhghhg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 147

reptile64

Aug 7, 2008
Thessaloniki
So my dog ate my charger a few days back, and just the piece that clips in to the tablet s charge port. The charger is $80 on amazon and $70-110 many other sites. They just don't have chargers that aren't with a tablet a as well online. There are no used chargers for a tablet a on craigslist lol I wish....$5 fresh off the truck . So as I don't want to resort to buying another charger I tried utilizing the tablet s mini USB port on the side near the memory card slot with a mini USB regular android charger and also checked if it could and would work in the forums and it did not....

So my question is can I take those two wires (black and white) in the pic and kinda lay them anywhere specific in the charge port on my tablet s or cut the back and place them anywhere special? Any tech savvy advice would Be helpful or a plain no so I have to suck it up an go buy one although I'm just missing that magical diamond played $80 tip that make it unique to Sony . Arghhhhhghhg

image.jpg

image.jpg

You can use any usb charger with at least 1-1.5mAh output! I recommend the EP850 for Xperia phones :good:

gumbyballz

Jun 25, 2010
If you are looking at the tablet face up. It is the first and third gold squares that do the charging.

gumbyballz

Jun 25, 2010
Sorry if I was wrong. I left my charger attatched for a very a long time and noticed build up on those two I mentioned. Like you would see on a car battery. I figured those would be it. Not very smart for sony to put it on 2nd and 3rd, Ive noticed the clips tend to bend on the charger easily. Sorry again.

coachie

Jun 21, 2009
Actually, it is the second and third.

Thanks for that, I didn't see that printed on the back of the charger! My dog did a similar thing last summer, the end completely vanished. Didn't bother getting a new one at the time (about £20) and have just realised that the price has sky rocketed.

I bought a used SGPDS1 cradle on ebay for £20 and intend to modify it to become my new charger

To take it apart, the rear stand slides up fully with a firm push (careful, there are two silver plastic tabs to gently unclick underneath)

There are then 4 screws to undo and a plastic cover comes off the back of the main cradle to expose the wiring loom.

I want to connect a fly lead to the wiring loom and attach my end-less charger to it.

Before I do this, can a kind soul confirm that the outer two contacts are not connected? Inside the cradle, all the wires are connected, and the middle white connection breaks out into two connections

I am guessing the white wires are positive (connection 2 from left) and the black negative.

I have attached a few photos.

TIA

Mark

Attachments

• 20140209_150752.jpg
    20140209_150752.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 101
  • 20140209_144043.jpg
    20140209_144043.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 101
  • 20140209_144054.jpg
    20140209_144054.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 102
  • 20140209_144111.jpg
    20140209_144111.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 100

coachie

Jun 21, 2009
Actually, it is the second and third.

After having procured a new charger, I have found that the first pin (from the cable end) is connected to the centre wire and the second pin is connected to the outer cable.

This charges the tablet perfectly when I touch the pads on the bottom of the tablet with the bare wires!