Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,052 Members 40,719 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

List your absolute TOP 3 APPS for your ASUS Transformer Prime

Tip us?

androholic
Old
Thanks Meter 176

DONATE TO ME
Wow, I have so many fovorite app's..... I rarely use my laptop anymore & haven't watched more than two hours of T.V. since I got my Transformer Prime, which is my first tablet. I'm a big tech junkie & avid reader who just got into android not quite a year ago, so it's become an information paradise for me to glue my eyes to for a few hours every evening while I wind down from rough day at work.

1) Google Currents- Such a vast amount of interesting periodicals to browse through, and a selection that is broad enough to spend hours flicking through.

2) ADownloader- The best torrent downloader for android in my opinion. I mostly use it for movie night w/ the Wife, & audio books which I like to listen to as I drift off to sleep. (Tip- If your torrent is downloading slow, try opening the browser & loading a couple of heavy web pages. This seems to expand the bandwidth & at least double their speed.)

3) Tunein Radio- So many stations from around the world, but I generally listen to the podcasts.

Honorable mentions- Music Paradise, YouTube(probably my Fav, but too obvious for the top 3), Distro by Engadget, Mybidder auction sniper for ebay, Craigslist HD, Overskreen Browser, Allrecipes, & Tablet CPU usage...

Holy Smokes.... I could go on forever here!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to androholic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

-lukin-
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by babymatteo View Post
3. SlingPlayer for Tablets - nothing like watching cable TV on your tablet without the monthly fees.
I don't get it - please explain. Don't I need paid cable to make this work?

reemobeens19
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Chrome works surprisingly well
Perfect keyboard free works well for the split keyboard
Angry birds space keeps you busy and looks good on the big screen

Got any solutions for a transparent navigation bar?
The Following User Says Thank You to reemobeens19 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

-lukin-
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan04103 View Post
Haven't had or paid for satellite/cable tv for almost three years now. I figure with having 2 smartphones for the wife and I, cable internet, netflix, amazon prime, and hulu+ we are good on the entertainment front. Works for us.
How do you access cable internet on Prime?

justPorter
Old
Thanks Meter 16
1) Emit, Dice Player, Vulkano (cheaper than slingbox), and sometimes Plex (not reliable)

2) Dolphin HD, Thumb Keyboard, and AdFree

3) 2x Remote, ConnectBot, Fing, and VPNC

4) DropBox, OneNote, and 1Password

Honorable Mentions; Ubuntu Installer, IP Cam Viewer Lite, ATT U-Verse, Google Voice, Official XBMC Remote, Pulse, and Jump Desktop.

Wow, i just use too many apps to limit my favorites.
The Following User Says Thank You to justPorter For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

knightofdenmark
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default My top 3

1: PS Touch (i really love the ui and the snappyness of the effects)

2: Engadget Distro (Awesome for gadget-news reading)

3: OneCast Podcast (Smooth podcasting agent, the transparent background is awesome, but it's only in portrait)
The Following User Says Thank You to knightofdenmark For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

clouds5
Old
Thanks Meter 345
Had to make another post because so much has changed

1. Gesture Control - nothing like it. 4 finger pinch: Home button, 4 finger expand: Multitask, 3 finger swipe: Back, 2 finger swipe down from the top bezel: screen off! Thats just my setup its fully customizable and works really really well. It makes using a Tablet a complete new experience. Btw you can even hide the lower statusbar with the app.

2. Google Currents - just got released a few weeks ago in Europe, already alot of german content as well. Now i laugh at people that read newspapers. The biggest newspaper in my country (NZZ) is already on Currents and completely free Thats exactly why i chose Android!

3. USB/BT Joystick Center - I have an iControlPad a portable bluetooth gamepad and with this app i can now play EVERY game with it. It allows you to map touch input to the analog nubs/buttons of almost any gamepad out there. Works really well and i already played through MC3 with it. Check it out.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S III | Stock rooted
Tablet: Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Wifi | Stock rooted
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clouds5 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

24dupo24
Old
Thanks Meter 10
1. Voxer for sending text/voice messages to others who have the program installed
2. Craigslist HD - better than the original craigslist
3. ICS Browser - kicks ass
4. Flixter
5. Stumbleupon for boredom
6. Zedge for custom notification tones
7. Recipes for large easy to read instructions
8. PicSpeed and Tablet Wallpaper apps (no crop wallpaper)
9. Angry Birds (all in HD), Stupid Zombies, Robotek, Reckless Getaway, Reckless Racing 2 HD, Glow Hockey, Zen Pinball.
10. CoPilot Live USA
Sorry, I can't just list 3.
Device: ASUS Transformer Prime 32gb rooted + unlocked on Androwook Rom
Device: HP Touchpad 32gb w/Android dual boot
Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 Stock (for now)
The Following User Says Thank You to 24dupo24 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sdfghi
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by clouds5 View Post
Had to make another post because so much has changed

1. Gesture Control - nothing like it. 4 finger pinch: Home button, 4 finger expand: Multitask, 3 finger swipe: Back, 2 finger swipe down from the top bezel: screen off! Thats just my setup its fully customizable and works really really well. It makes using a Tablet a complete new experience. Btw you can even hide the lower statusbar with the app.
A feature of Gesture control that people are not aware of is that it supports gestures using the dock touchpad too! just like in a laptop touchpad. It supports single and two finger gestures from the trackpad just as it would from the touch screen. Support is still in beta ( only one of touchpad or touchscreen can respond to gestures and you have to select that option in the advanced settings). But this feature in itself is awesome.
The Following User Says Thank You to sdfghi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HarnessTech
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24dupo24 View Post
2. Craigslist HD - better than the original craigslist
Sadly, it has been removed from the Play Store, due to a cease and desist order. :(

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...h_result&hl=en

The Following User Says Thank You to HarnessTech For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
android, apps, ics 4, transformer, transformer prime