Anyone else have tiny nicks in the aluminium

Search This thread

jonstatt

Mar 17, 2008
Finally I took a picture of a mark on my aluminium. As I said at the very start. It is very small. Would you take it back for this? There is a second even smaller one elsewhere.

Attachments

• DSC00198.JPG
    DSC00198.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 224

jonstatt

Mar 17, 2008
You will have 50 of those in a months time... Keep it.

LoL you are probably right there! I had already decided to keep it because functionally the phone is working well. Overall it is the best phone I have ever owned. I am a perfectionist. In reality sometimes the nicks are more obvious because its a shiny surface...so if it happens to catch a spotlight, it sticks out more obviously. I had an S3 which was a very good specimen cosmetically, but the screen was so uneven in uniformity, especially when displaying grey. I would rather have that nick, and see it once in a blue moon, than a screen that was not uniform and notice it everyday.

djayyy

Jul 12, 2010
LoL you are probably right there! I had already decided to keep it because functionally the phone is working well. Overall it is the best phone I have ever owned. I am a perfectionist. In reality sometimes the nicks are more obvious because its a shiny surface...so if it happens to catch a spotlight, it sticks out more obviously. I had an S3 which was a very good specimen cosmetically, but the screen was so uneven in uniformity, especially when displaying grey. I would rather have that nick, and see it once in a blue moon, than a screen that was not uniform and notice it everyday.

I got some gashes in mine but that's from where I just dropped it on a pavement :eek: Gutted

TucanMobile

Dec 4, 2007
Austin, TX
Two nicks have shown up on my phone. One is on top of my phone and can't be picked up with my camera. The other is opposite of that one on the bottom of my phone. Both are on the back side of the phone and have developed where the chamfered edge meets the back of the phone.

I've never dropped my phone, banged it on anything, kept my phone on soft surfaces when laying it down, etc. Essentially I've been babying this phone until my 14 day return period is up which is in 3 days. If anyone else has developed these nicks I would like to know.

Attachments

• WP_000350.jpg
    WP_000350.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A tiny gripe for the perfectionists. But I noticed after a day, that I had a couple of tiny little nicks in the aluminium. As the phone had just been lying on my desk and hadn't been taken outside it must have come that way. I didn't see them at first because they are on the edges and not on the back surface. It is very tiny and it was because it caught the light that I noticed it. I remember when the iPhone 5 came out there were scores of people with chips on the black iPhones that showed silver underneath. This is nowhere near as bad as that....just the light catching the fact that the surface is not quite flat. I had the same with an iPhone 4 a few years ago as well. Seems to me that aluminium is very dingable, even in the factory.

Anyone else notice this?
    Finally I took a picture of a mark on my aluminium. As I said at the very start. It is very small. Would you take it back for this? There is a second even smaller one elsewhere.

You will have 50 of those in a months time... Keep it.