Replacing front display (digitizer?)

Search This thread

paokaras45

Jan 23, 2009
check this out too!!!
more expensive and not a word about oem product!!!
So... oem digitizer with just 19$ .... hmmmm! don't know!!!!

ren28

May 15, 2008
Hopefully it's not permanently attached to the LCD like the ATT Fuze is. I took my Fuze apart and destroyed the LCD while trying to install a new digitizer. Apparently they use some sort of extremely strong glue between the digitizer and LCD... :(

niknik76

May 17, 2007
Hopefully not.. But I think it's only glued to the frame.. I don't really know what kind of glue to use for the new one though...

guide144

Feb 22, 2008
Hopefully it's not permanently attached to the LCD like the ATT Fuze is. I took my Fuze apart and destroyed the LCD while trying to install a new digitizer. Apparently they use some sort of extremely strong glue between the digitizer and LCD... :(

Sorry to tell you all that the Digitizer is permanently attached with LCD. I know this because I was drop my D2 and went to service center. They change to front cover (case) which was broken when droped. when I get it back they give me back my old front cover and I notice that the digitizer is stick with over part.....

When I ask the service's counter. They told me that they have to change the new digitizer because it come with whole part.. not saparated.

Sorry for my english.... :eek:

niknik76

May 17, 2007
Hi Guide144, you say that when you got the digitizer back it sticked with the 'over part'. To my ears that sounds like the FRAME and not the LCD? Are you sure that it's also attached to the LCD?

guide144

Feb 22, 2008
Hi Guide144, you say that when you got the digitizer back it sticked with the 'over part'. To my ears that sounds like the FRAME and not the LCD? Are you sure that it's also attached to the LCD?

Sorry for lag of my understanding, Yes the digitizer is stick with front frame, not a LCD. In my case, I ask the service to change my front cover because it broke and they change the front cover + digitizer.... because it stick together.

Hope this would clear all out.

mistral82cy

Apr 3, 2007
Brussels
Hi guys,

i replaced today the broken digitizer of my topaz.
Got one for $60 from ebay, with a screen (i wasn't sure if it was a screen problem or digitizer so i got both.)

you need to unstick the old one from the housing and attach the new one. i didn't use extra glue/stick , since the old one was left on the casing.

cheers

niknik76

May 17, 2007
Thanks mistral82cy! Thanks for sharing -now I feel a little more up to going ahead with the operation :)

bomba_81

Feb 19, 2009
Hi! Could you please tell me how much the service center charged you to get the new cover and digitizer installed?
I've to change mine, as well!
Thanks a lot

welshboy09

Apr 17, 2009
Swansea
I would suggest finding the parts list for the phone and finding out exactly what digitizer is needed then buy one online from somewhere such as e-bay. I did this with my G1 replaced it myself and it worked wonderfully. Research before you buy otherwise you might end up buying the wrong one or a clone which doesnt work as well

Wartexx

Sep 14, 2009
I dun it myself, buying one digitizer from ebay, getting the old one out was a little tricky , but appart from that it was easy(and i had to do it again, as i dit not secure it properly and there was dust comming underneath the screen from the sides. Any questions you could ask, but it is pretty straight forward.

Ghostina

Dec 11, 2009
replace digitizer on your own!

Hello everyone!

My digitizer broke last week, because i droped my Diamond!

But don't worry I am a rookie in technical things and I managed it to replace my digitizer on my own.

Don't waste money on repair charge from repairshops! Ok... you loose your garantie but the Cellphone is allready old. The new HD2 is already available!

Just buy the digitizerscreen at ebay... i've paid 60 € and then use this manual:

http://www.pdacenter.ru/razborka/htc-touch-diamond2/

Now it works like before.

Bye Ghostina

darkside896

Mar 5, 2010
HTC Pure Digitizer or LCD

i just got my new AT&T HTC Pure and somehow my screen is cracked. The LCD does not appear to have any bleeding or damage and the touch features work, but I have two cracks from top to bottom on my phone. what are your thoughts. I attached some pictures

Attachments

• IMAGE_026.jpg
    IMAGE_026.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 162
  • IMAGE_025.jpg
    IMAGE_025.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 154

anarchyuk

Mar 27, 2007
North East England
i just got my new AT&T HTC Pure and somehow my screen is cracked. The LCD does not appear to have any bleeding or damage and the touch features work, but I have two cracks from top to bottom on my phone. what are your thoughts. I attached some pictures

It's a bit hard to see on the photos but if its new can you not return it? if not then you need to look closely between the digitizer and the screen and see if the damage is just the top layer or the screen, if it is the top layer then just replace your digitizer!

FloatHeavy

Aug 24, 2009
It is easy to do it, if you need, I can send you the instruction that how to change it to you. You can visit my website --spam-- for this product Touch Screen Digitizer For HTC Touch Diamond 2 II T5353
Hope that it will help you.
thanks

Every single post of yours is a website promotion.

Chill.

Out.

Seriously.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blizzke

May 28, 2009
As always this site is a big help. Just ordered the items, and thanks to the guide I'm fairly confident I will pull it off. For me the bottom 2cm's of the screen have shifted about 1cm to the left somehow. The digitizer still works "perfectly" but it's kinda hard to hit the right buttons like that :)