[Q] please help!!

Search This thread

tbish

Mar 23, 2010
hi,
i have a stock version of the galaxy s3 locked to vodafone.
it is running android 4.3
baseband i9300buunb1
kernal version 3.0.31-2429075 dpi@hp20 #1 thu jan 23:47:54 kst 2014
build number JSS15J.I9300XXUGNA5

Not sure if any of the above will help.

i have recently been having unfortunately clock has stopped messages, also unfortunately, the process com.android,phone has stopped messages keep showing up on my screen. sometimes it comes up with hancent has stopped too. but that is very infrequently. the frequency of these messages are making my phone nearly unusable.
i have tried force closing the clock in the running apps and cleared data as some sites have explained.
i have searched for an answer to this problem to no avail.
i hope someone on here can help me find out how i can rid of these messages (or problem), without having to do a factory reset.

thanks in advance

tbish

Mar 23, 2010
You will have to factory reset, possibly reflash your rom as well.

this is an unrooted phone. so reflashing a rom might be a problem if i have to root it 1st.
would the best way to factory reset, to do in through settings or through recovery.
i was hoping that factory reset would be the last resort to be honest.
thanks

theBIGone

Jan 21, 2006
Amsterdam
Google Pixel 6
this is an unrooted phone. so reflashing a rom might be a problem if i have to root it 1st.
would the best way to factory reset, to do in through settings or through recovery.
thanks

I think a factory reset is your best bet now. Just back up your data and everything should be fine again.

Reactions: tbish

tbish

Mar 23, 2010
It wouldn't let me even back up my data. Lost loads. But factory reset sorted it out. Many thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app

tbish

Mar 23, 2010
It wouldn't let me even back up my data. Lost loads. But factory reset sorted it out. Many thanks

CORRECTION,
woke up this morning and now it is saying Google play has stopped working and the phone is less usable. doing my head in now. i tried installing Google play and the error stopped. reinstalled and the problem came back/
any other help suggestions please???????

Last edited:

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
Unless you've modified something then, by flashing or restoring then your firmware is corrupting itself -probably due to nand memory failure. Try the test app from freezing thread in general forum.

Reactions: tbish

tbish

Mar 23, 2010
I haven't knowingly changed anything in the firmware. But I have now forced an update through kies on my computer. Once again, so far so good.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You will have to factory reset, possibly reflash your rom as well.
    thanks

I think a factory reset is your best bet now. Just back up your data and everything should be fine again.
    Unless you've modified something then, by flashing or restoring then your firmware is corrupting itself -probably due to nand memory failure. Try the test app from freezing thread in general forum.