Google Partner Setup error on boot (?)

Search This thread

MikefromTX

May 11, 2011
After flashing to TNT Lite 4.20 I now have to clear an error message every time I boot my G Tab. It says "Sorry! The application Google Partner Setup (process.com.google..android.partnership) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

A Force Close is required to clear it, or else it messes with email (and maybe other stuff).

Questions:

- I've located this in /system/app using iFileManager and it's an apk file ... can it be safely deleted?

- How do I delete it? I'm not familiar with iFilemanager, and don't see a "delete" option. Can I delete it with CWD or Titanium Backup?

Thanks!

Last edited:

MikefromTX

May 11, 2011
I know this has come up before, but all I find is other people asking my same question:

Can I safely delete the Google Partner Setup apk from my system/app folder?

It's not loading (requires a FC for the tablet to boot), but I'm still reluctant to remove anything from the system directory in case it's required somehow.

Help??? :confused:

rajeevvp

Aug 20, 2010
Bangalore
I know this has come up before, but all I find is other people asking my same question:

Can I safely delete the Google Partner Setup apk from my system/app folder?
Google Partner Setup is used (at least) by the browser. You could try disabling it using Autorun Manager from Market instead of deleting the .apk file. Be warned that doing so on my system caused the browser to exit without warnings on quite few sites--those that have Google Ads are esp. problemmatic.

My advice is to first go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > select "All", find "Google Partner Setup" and then "Clear data". If that doesn't work, get into ClockworkMod and there do a "wipe data/factory reset" (and also possibly a "wipe cache partition").