GPS navigation that works on Galaxy notes

Search This thread

firebird56

Jul 9, 2010
telford
Google

Google Doesn't even know where I am just comes up with can't locate so not much chance of navigating mind the weather says my town doesn't exist either will stick to my clarion for navigation and the BBC for the weather:mad:

pjm77

Jul 15, 2009
Wroclaw/Derry
I recall that I always had to mute Sygic or it would keep talking to me via my Jawbone. So I guess this means that it works with Bluetooth...

Eborg

Feb 23, 2012
Is there a single GPS turn-by-turn navigation app that allows 100% offline WALKING directions in Europe?

kerisnaga

Dec 9, 2011
Batu Pahat
i'll try this one, as i'm a papago's fan.

thansk bro!

Good news guys, I finally managed to get Papago X5 working on the Note, albeit with some GUI problems.

1. Install Papago X5 (including copying the Navisea folder to your Note's internal memory)
2. Install "Spare Parts" from Market
3. Run "Spare Parts" and ensure that "Compatibility mode" is unchecked/deselected
4. Reboot your phone.
5. Connect your SGN to your PC and mount it as a USB Storage Device
6. Go to sdcard\Navisea\Organic
7. Copy and paste the 854x480 folder in the Organic folder.
8. Rename the copy of the 854x480 folder to 800x1280
9. Go to sdcard\Navisea\Organic\EN
10. Copy and paste the 854x480 folder in the EN folder.
11. Rename the copy of the 854x480 folder to 800x1280
11a. (Optional) Do the same thing for the other folders if you use the other languages.
12. Unmount your phone from the PC and start Papago.

This is what it looks like on my phone. It'd be perfect if someone was able to resize the stuff in the EN folder to 800x1280. I found a program to edit the PSU files so I might try it out one of these days when I've got more time on my hands.

Credit goes to Entaro: xda-developers - View Single Post - Do you have any little disappointments with the note

I've crossposted this in Hardwarezone.

Zulfauzi

Apr 8, 2012
cube try pky sygic bro.mudah nk install,jimat space..huhu

Sent from my GT-I9003 using xda premium

Blackwatch

Jul 20, 2011
Denby Dale
Ive just driven from my house in the UK ( near Wakefield, West Yorkshire ) all the way through france and down to Lake Vinuela nr Malaga in spain. I used Sygic Aura sat nav and it never missed a beat....the best there is out there by a country mile.

Akilesh

Oct 4, 2010
Chennai
Im on sygic. Gives me the most accurate navigation and never misses a turn. Being in India the accuracy is so good that even small lanes show up.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've used CoPilot Live Premium and Navmii (also known as Navfree) on my Note. Both have offline map support (once you've downloaded them for the first time). Navmii is free and although it's early days I prefer it to CoPilot Live Premium.

I think it has only recently been added to the Market and wasn't there when I installed it from the link here - http://getsatisfaction.com/navmii/topics/android_release.

Now it is in the Market, here - https://market.android.com/details?...xLDEsImNvbS5uYXZmcmVlLmFuZHJvaWQuT1NNLkFMTCJd
    I am in India, following maps working flawlessly
    Sygic Aura
    N Drive
    Navigon
    Google Map (International Navigation)
    Sygic Navigator 11.2 (Aura)

Sygic Navigator 11.2 (Aura) works just fine.

Got it here (don't have enough posts to insert the link, but that should do ...)

[mod edit - do not post links to warez sites]

Never had any problems. And i've already traveled with it in three different european countries. Highly recommend. Used it also on my previous HTC DHD.
    For those, whose country does not support, Google Map voice navigation.
    Get 'Google Map with world navigation activated' from here.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1429126
    Good news guys, I finally managed to get Papago X5 working on the Note, albeit with some GUI problems.

1. Install Papago X5 (including copying the Navisea folder to your Note's internal memory)
    2. Install "Spare Parts" from Market
    3. Run "Spare Parts" and ensure that "Compatibility mode" is unchecked/deselected
    4. Reboot your phone.
    5. Connect your SGN to your PC and mount it as a USB Storage Device
    6. Go to sdcard\Navisea\Organic
    7. Copy and paste the 854x480 folder in the Organic folder.
    8. Rename the copy of the 854x480 folder to 800x1280
    9. Go to sdcard\Navisea\Organic\EN
    10. Copy and paste the 854x480 folder in the EN folder.
    11. Rename the copy of the 854x480 folder to 800x1280
    11a. (Optional) Do the same thing for the other folders if you use the other languages.
    12. Unmount your phone from the PC and start Papago.

This is what it looks like on my phone. It'd be perfect if someone was able to resize the stuff in the EN folder to 800x1280. I found a program to edit the PSU files so I might try it out one of these days when I've got more time on my hands.

Credit goes to Entaro: xda-developers - View Single Post - Do you have any little disappointments with the note

I've crossposted this in Hardwarezone.