Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

b4ifuru18

Jun 14, 2010
Will test this out and provide logcats if possible.

Have to be on 4.0 prior to flashing, correct?

iniz94

Jan 7, 2012
Chicago
Yay, it's nice to see another developer make an attempt at a Jelly Bean ROM so soon :) I'll be sure to test once my external SD card arrives. I'm assuming that this also has the internal SD brick problem.

brooksyx

Jan 31, 2011
Vancouver, WA
Awesome work guys! I see no reason to upgrade from my epic touch to a different phone anytime soon. I think I will probably hold off a while before I switch over to CM9 to CM10 as bugs get ironed out and features added but I am really excited to make the switch soon!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app

traskers

Jun 29, 2012
Shakopee
Will definitely help out with this, providing logs when I can. Hopefully LOS isn't too bad for me so I can use it daily (or almost..)
Thank you very much, looking forward to the places this goes.

SMS/MMS? Do they not work at all? Just stock doesn't work? Any further info before I can get it flashed?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

t0mmyr

Sep 14, 2007
Southern California
awezum!! thanks! i was just gonna ask where all the JB rom devs were and finally my wishes came true tonight, the cm gods have answered my prayers
wow gapps is huge its like twice the size of ics gapps isnt it? i wonder whats included

will there be nightlies somewhere?

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

is there a reason why we should choose 7-17-12 gapps over the latest ones (currently 7-26)?

EmperorX

Jan 6, 2010
Seattle
Google Pixel 6 Pro
awezum!! thanks! i was just gonna ask where all the JB rom devs were and finally my wishes came true tonight, the cm gods have answered my prayers
wow gapps is huge its like twice the size of ics gapps isnt it? i wonder whats included

will there be nightlies somewhere?

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

is there a reason why we should choose 7-17-12 gapps over the latest ones (currently 7-26)?

Apparently you don't look at the general forum? JB has been rocking for a while now haha

Nice :good:

Been running JB on my photon for a couple weeks now and was wondering when my E4GT was going to get some love.

Double thanks, will report with bugs and logcats as I run into issues.

Have a good one,
AdA[/QUOTE

Did jokersax bring jb to the photon?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app

Yes he ported it about a week or two ago. I was working on a build as well but his ended up being from source so I moved on to other projects.

Thanks,
AdA

kingsway8605

Apr 26, 2010
Not trying to be "that guy" but how is this different than sbrissen's build, just curious because this is only your 3rd thread ever.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

locoboi187

Aug 5, 2010
Not trying to be "that guy" but how is this different than sbrissen's build, just curious because this is only your 3rd thread ever.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

A little respect man. It says on the OP its based on sbrissen's builds. This is where the builds get posted now publically...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is an alpha release of CM10. I am not responsible if you brick your phone. This is the first Alpha release. YES it will have bugs!! We are working on getting these fixed. I cannot look in to issues unless you provide me with a log.

This is NOT a port! This is built directly from CM source.

CyanogenMod - for all the hard work
    sbrissen - his device tree, kernel work and so much more. Wouldn't have been possible without him
    darchstar - helping me fix a few things
    chris41g - helping with the kernel and fixing a few issues
    codeworkx - for his work on the international SGSII
    preludedrew - Schooling me on Github
    ShabbyPenguin - Mirror Site
    basketthis - New Build Box
    slick_rick - for testing EVERYTING

Thanks to the testers:
    LoCoBoi187, javan966, s0ckm0nkey, keanon, France-is-Bacon, junkshow, datajosh (APM bug tester!), and everyone else from #jb-dev-e4gt

Works:
    Data
    SMS
    MMS
    WiFi
    GPS
    Bluetooth
    4G
    Camera
    Google Now

Known Issues:
    Sound is very quiet on certain apps

Work Arounds:
    See Second Post

Install Instructions:
    1. Wipe Data/Factory Reset *
    2. Wipe Cache *
    3. Wipe Dalvik *
    4. Flash CM10
    5. Flash Gapps

* Assuming you are on a kernel that has a safe recovery.

If you are not sure what that means or you don't know if you are on a safe kernel/recovery, check out this thread. You can flash the linked kernel/recovery over the top of any rom on any version of Android. If you are flashing a kernel/recovery via recovery, after you have flashed the kernel and prior to reboot, go to Advanced > Reboot Recovery. If you are using odin to flash the kernel/recovery, as soon as odin reboots your phone, hold volume up and the power button to boot directly in to recovery. After you are booted in to the new recovery, you can flash this rom using the above install instructions.

Downloads:

Nightlies:
    Nightlies Download
    - Device Changelog
    - Kernel Changelog
    - Prop Files Changelog
    - CM Upstream

Releases:
    CM10 Alpha 5.3 ( Mirror )
    - Improved GPS - thanks chris41g
    - Reverted mount back to /sdcard and /extSdcard to follow other sgs2 variants.
    - CM Upstream

CM10 Alpha 5.2 ( Mirror )
    - Reverted back to CM android_ril - Thanks UberPinguin
    - Temp fix for wifi MAC address issue. Random wifi MAC address created for now. - thanks sbrissen
    - Re-added torch.
    - CM Upstream

CM 10 Alpha 5.1 ( Mirror )
    - Merged vendor and prop files with galaxys2-common (Will help with merge) - thanks sbrissen
    - Increased vibrate strength - thanks chris41g
    - Fixed reboot during nandroid backup (had to remove interactive governor) - thanks sbrissen
    - Fixed adb shell in recovery - thanks sbrissen
    - CM Upstream

CM10 Alpha 5 ( Mirror )
    - Temporary fix for Airplane Mode Bug/LOS - thanks UberPinguin
    - Moved mount symlinks. Internal = /emmc and External = /sdcard
    - CM Upstream

CM10 Alpha 4.4 ( Mirror )
    - Fixed Screen rotation - thanks sbrissen
    - Fixed superuser (May need to update the binary) - thanks sbrissen
    - New CM10 boot animation
    - CM Upstream

CM10 Alpha 4.3 ( Mirror )
    - Fixed 4G Unknown on First Connect - thanks sbrissen
    - CM Upstream

CM10 Alpha 4.2 ( Mirror )
    - Fixed 3G tethering - thanks sbrissen
    - Updated RIL (should help the airplane mode bug) - thanks sbrissen
    - Device renamed from epic4gtouch to d710 (You won't notice anything different)
    - SuperSU now correctly prompts for access. The built-in superuser still auto grants access.
    - CM Upstream

CM10 Alpha 4.1 ( Mirror )
    - Fixed bluetooth audio - Thanks sbrissen
    - CM Upstream

CM10 Alpha 4 ( Mirror )
    - Fixed LOS (Airplane mode bug with loss of service has replaced it) - Thanks sbrissen
    - Fixed SOD - Thanks sbrissen
    - Fixed Random screen wake ups - Thanks sbrissen
    - Updated to kernel to smdk4210_new - Thanks sbrissen
    - Fixed Gallery Playback
    - Fixed forward facing camera pictures
    - CM Upstream

CM10 Alpha 2.3
    - New device prop files (Improves LOS issue) - Thanks sbrissen
    - CM Upstream

CM10 Alpha 2
    - Fixed SMS/MMS
    - Fixed GPS
    - CM Upstream

CM10 Alpha 1
    - Initial Release

Gapps:
    gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip ( Mirror )

Github:
    https://github.com/EpicCM
    https://github.com/EpicAOSP
    Work Arounds:

Airplane Mode Bug / LOS (Loss of Service) Phone may or may not show you have reception. The bug is where all data stops working
    - Upgrade to Alpha 5 or newer

Superuser doesn't always prompt for user input
    - Upgrade to Alpha 4.4 or newer.
    - Update binaries via superuser
    A lot of people have messaged me asking how to build CM10. Now that we are using the galaxys2-common files things have changed and my github only has 1 repo now. Below is how to build it yourself if you would like.

Kang Instructions:
    1. Sync CM10
    2. Sync EpicCM d710 device tree
    3. Sync CM galaxys2-common
    4. Sync CM android_hardware_samsung
    5. Sync EpicAOSP smdk4210_new
    6. Sync TheMuppets proprietary_vendor_samsung
    7. Build and Enjoy

Not to be rude but if this doesn't make sense to you, you probably shouldn't be building it anyway. I am not going to walk people through building it.
    Just an update for everyone. It appears that UberPinguin found the permanent solution for the APM bug. Sbrissen is working on fixing the audio and we found what is causing the recovery to reboot. All should be fixed shortly but right now we are focusing on utilizing the galaxys2-common repos to help with the merging process in to CM. It's so close I can taste it! hahah
    The premerge build is a pretty stable rom. Still has a few of the bugs from older builds but it is DD worthy. The 10/31 nightly build volume +/- in an app causes a FC. Tonight's build should have that fixed.

chris41g and I are building from the exact same source. The only difference between his and mine is the modified CMUpdate. Mine will check my fileserver for nightlies and new stable roms.

We will be starting a new thread in Android Original Development very soon.