Bricked my S4, ODIN fails to flash stock ROM... what do?

Search This thread

Huggaroot

Feb 7, 2014
Awesome job

Thanks for this thread you really help me out a lot. I was trying everything kies emergency recovery and everything thanks again for this thread.

xRodneyx

Jan 23, 2014
BEWARE, THIS WILL SET YOUR PHONE BACK TO STOCK YOU WILL LOSE ALL OF YOUR DATA

So, I was in pretty much the same situation as you are in. Here's what I did

First, Download, and install Odin 1.85 (here's a direct Download Link):

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...soCwCQ&usg=AFQjCNF7sF0f2yJp0IxHp1ISlP2fzGKhtw

Extract it to a good location. Your Desktop will work

Next, Download the ORIGINAL Jellybean Stock Files from this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2504311
(here's a direct link: https://mega.co.nz/#!WEEzSA7Z!aB46731_AwM7P83eMdDlmFYd1hUZfFBcQAZjc1X7wAE )

Then, extract the files that is within the MF3 Tars file into their own seperate file.

Open up Odin 1.85

Make sure that your Phone is connected (It will be under the ID:COM, section).

Click Bootloader, and browse to the file location in which you saved the MF3 Tar Files.

Select the file named: BOOTLOADER_I337UCUAMF3_812098_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5

For PDA, use: PLATFORM_I337UCUAMF3_812098_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
*NOTE: IT MAY FREEZE UP A LITTLE BIT. BE PATIENT!!!!

For Phone, use: MODEM_I337UCUAMF3_812098_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5

For CSC, use: CSC_ATT_I337ATTAMF3_812098_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5

Then Click Start, and Hope/Pray.

Good Luck

What about for sprint s4 i was on cyanogenmod 11 please help

c5downlow

Feb 8, 2014
BOCA RATON
Hurrah Its works for like a Charm, should every one who had the problem, followed the instruction and will be bring a smile on your :( face

I am trying to fix my soft brick.. I am following whats in the instruction... and I am getting this...

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> BOOTLOADER_I337UCUAMF3_812098_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> PLATFORM_I337UCUAMF3_812098_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> MODEM_I337UCUAMF3_812098_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> CSC_ATT_I337ATTAMF3_812098_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/003> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/003> Can't open the specified file. (Line: 2564)
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

plz help if possible. Thank you.

lupeflores09

May 13, 2014
Help

I still got a failed when trying this. I did step by step and when it was gonna write it failed. I have t mobile and trying to get back to stock for upgrade and i cant seem to figure it out. I had the wicked rom installed and wiped it and now in download mode. I tried different stuff also. Please help me

DeadlySin9

Sep 2, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
What about for sprint s4 i was on cyanogenmod 11 please help

Just use the software file for a sprint s4 instead

I am trying to fix my soft brick.. I am following whats in the instruction... and I am getting this...

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> BOOTLOADER_I337UCUAMF3_812098_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> PLATFORM_I337UCUAMF3_812098_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> MODEM_I337UCUAMF3_812098_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> CSC_ATT_I337ATTAMF3_812098_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/003> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/003> Can't open the specified file. (Line: 2564)
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

plz help if possible. Thank you.

The download appears to be bad, or you didn't unzip it. Make sure the file is a tar.md5 and if it is redownload it.

I still got a failed when trying this. I did step by step and when it was gonna write it failed. I have t mobile and trying to get back to stock for upgrade and i cant seem to figure it out. I had the wicked rom installed and wiped it and now in download mode. I tried different stuff also. Please help me

Make sure you're using the specific firmware for your phone and the drivers and USB cable and ports are good.

Sent from my SGH-I337 running BlackBox 3.0

cyeluri

Apr 24, 2015
same issue

Hi,

I tried the same steps as you mentioned but still no luck.
When I checked my Android version it said 4.3.

Does the STOCK firm comes with the tar file supports this?

If not please help as I am without phone for 3 days.

Product Name: SGH-1337M
Current Binary: Custom
System Status: Custom
Write Protection: Enable
START [224,1440] (in red)
SW REV. CHECK FAIL :

Last edited:

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Hi,

I tried the same steps as you mentioned but still no luck.
When I checked my Android version it said 4.3.

Does the STOCK firm comes with the tar file supports this?

If not please help as I am without phone for 3 days.

Product Name: SGH-1337M
Current Binary: Custom
System Status: Custom
Write Protection: Enable
START [224,1440] (in red)
SW REV. CHECK FAIL :

I'm not sure what steps you tried, but go to sammobile.com and surfboard the stock firmware for your device. It's a zip file, extract it with 7-zip or winrar. Use the .tar.md5 file in Odin

Sent from my Nexus 9 using XDA Free mobile app

emma_23

Jan 27, 2018
Thanks alot guys... after several hours (about 8) of roaming and reading through all your threads on Reseting bricked Galaxy S4 (trust me I have read all invluding other posts on thr Internet) I finally rrset the phone woth just a pit file.
Thanks a million!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try this:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...soCwCQ&usg=AFQjCNF7sF0f2yJp0IxHp1ISlP2fzGKhtw

(here's a direct link: https://mega.co.nz/#!WEEzSA7Z!aB46731_AwM7P83eMdDlmFYd1hUZfFBcQAZjc1X7wAE )

Then, extract the files that is within the MF3 Tars file into their own seperate file.

Open up Odin 1.85

Click Bootloader, and browse to the file location in which you saved the MF3 Tar Files.

Select the file named: BOOTLOADER_I337UCUAMF3_812098_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5

For PDA, use: PLATFORM_I337UCUAMF3_812098_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5

Good Luck

Open up Odin 1.85

Good Luck
    If this worked for you, hit the thanks meter.

- Trying to get my rep up!
    Could you please let everyone know whether you were able to get your phone back to normal?

Had root and uninstalled it. Used the link and flashed through Odin and I'm perfectly stock again!! I can get OTA updates.
    So rooting a phone is useless then..I mean if samsung does not recommend it.....I am not trolling BTW..just asking a question thats bugging me..do we or do we not.:confused:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Hmm.. I wouldn't call it useless. It all depends on what you're trying to get out of your phone. If your idea of the 'perfect phone' is one that requires root, and custom Roms, then rooting becomes less useful. Notice I said less useful, and not useless. There are still things that can be done on a rooted phone, that cannot be done on a stock, unrooted phone. There are some apps that require root. For example: diskdigger, titanium backup, and tons more - that's just what I can think of on the spot.

Rooting still has a purpose outside of having a custom ROM, but what you can do with it does become limited with MF3 and blocked bootloader.
    Rooting is still useful. You gain more control over your phone. You can freeze applications and use xposed for customization. There are a lot of apps that require root that help so much with speed and performance

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app