[Q] on stock mj9 boot loader - is there a GPS fix?

Search This thread

BlakeDC

Oct 18, 2010
So my GPS only works while my screen is turned off and locked.

Anybody else having the same issue?

Sadly I am on a locked boot loader and pretty sure my warranty is gone due to age of phone...

Anybody know of a fix? This issue remains persistent through flashing all ROMs nebulous, stock, etc (bootstrapped). I can't navigate at all these days BC it just will drop as soon as I turn the screen on! Then I have to turn the screen back off/lock and hope it syncs and starts telling me turn by turns again.

Uuugh frustration with a locked boot loader!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app

DreamFX

Jan 1, 2011
So my GPS only works while my screen is turned off and locked.

Anybody else having the same issue?

Sadly I am on a locked boot loader and pretty sure my warranty is gone due to age of phone...

Anybody know of a fix? This issue remains persistent through flashing all ROMs nebulous, stock, etc (bootstrapped). I can't navigate at all these days BC it just will drop as soon as I turn the screen on! Then I have to turn the screen back off/lock and hope it syncs and starts telling me turn by turns again.

Uuugh frustration with a locked boot loader!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app
Wow that is bizzare. Never heard of that one.

Domush

Jun 3, 2007
Central USA
Try uninstalling maps and clearing maps data via app manager and running the stock version. If that works you can let it update again and it will work.

That's how I fixed my maps issue with GPS

BlakeDC

Oct 18, 2010
Try uninstalling maps and clearing maps data via app manager and running the stock version. If that works you can let it update again and it will work.

That's how I fixed my maps issue with GPS

I did that, still busted ;(

It wont even lock on any GPS app with the screen on, I tried with TopNTP, GPS Status, etc. Screen off, locks in 1-2 seconds. Screen on...never....

Wow that is bizzare. Never heard of that one.

Yeah...it's insanity. Killing me so badly. I'm not going to be able to sell this thing when I get my G3 now >.<

Last edited: