[Q] Xperia P Shutdown Problem

Search This thread

Fe.Se

Jul 14, 2011
hi,i have a xperia p,and i have updated to ICS 4 Days ago.it was good,there was no problem yet yesterday.
yesterday i was playing asphalt 7 (unofficial).then game crashes.after crashing i didn't open the game any more.after 5 mins later someone called me when i answered my phone,my phone was turned of automatically.
then i repaired my phone with SUS but problem persist.
main problem is when i insert the sim card.without sim card my phone get turned on but when i insert the sim and power on my device it's get shutdown automatic.

P.S.-in airplane mode my phone works fine with the sim card inserted.

Thanks In advanced!

soulhackereborn

Jul 8, 2012
hi,i have a xperia p,and i have updated to ICS 4 Days ago.it was good,there was no problem yet yesterday.
yesterday i was playing asphalt 7 (unofficial).then game crashes.after crashing i didn't open the game any more.after 5 mins later someone called me when i answered my phone,my phone was turned of automatically.
then i repaired my phone with SUS but problem persist.
main problem is when i insert the sim card.without sim card my phone get turned on but when i insert the sim and power on my device it's get shutdown automatic.

P.S.-in airplane mode my phone works fine with the sim card inserted.

Thanks In advanced!

Try factory reset from phone after repairing through SEUS
Try changing your sim card if problem persists may be that's the problem

Sent From Xperia Sola White (MT27i)
Rooted Stock ICS
Hit Thanks If I Helped!!

MadManMark

Nov 7, 2010
Get in direct contact with Sony Mobile support, they can probably give you a better solution, or if not a repair/replacement. Just go to their website and ring or chat with them online

ariss1986

Mar 25, 2009
Try this

I had the same problem too.This worked for me:
1.Open your phone without sim
2a(Ice cream Sandwich):Then Go to the settings->more->mobile networks->Network mode or 2b(Gingerbread) Settings>Wireless and networks>Mobile networks>Network Mode
3:And change network mode to WCDMA only(this worked for me).
4:Insert your Sim and restart your phone

If "WCDMA only" doesn't work you can try "GSM" only.
Old thread but I hope someone else gets helped by this.

Last edited:

AbdulJalil94

Feb 2, 2013
Lahore
I had the same problem too.This worked for me:
1.Open your phone without sim
2a(Ice cream Sandwich):Then Go to the settings->more->mobile networks->Network mode or 2b(Gingerbread) Settings>Wireless and networks>Mobile networks>Network Mode
3:And change network mode to WCDMA only(this worked for me).
4:Insert your Sim and restart your phone

If "WCDMA only" doesn't work you can try "GSM" only.
Old thread but I hope someone else gets helped by this.

The same thing happened to me a week ago. I followed your instructions and everything was fine again but then one day when I made a call from my phone, it turned off. Now the problem is that it only works with "WCDMA only" but I don't get signals from my network provider. Can somebody help me please. Really worried!