New SGS3 from insurance claim, unrootable?

Search This thread

imp3r10

May 14, 2012
I just lost my phone and used my insurance to get a new one. It came with 4.3 and the VRUCNC1 baseband. Am I MOD EDIT: PROFANITY NOT ALLOWED AND REMOVED! in rooting this and getting my TBU+ back?

Last edited by a moderator:

ShapesBlue

May 9, 2012
It can indeed be rooted. At this point there are two options. The original method requires Odin and you go back to ML1 or there's the new method which is towel root.

However you can only flash TouchWiz roms utilizing the old method with safestrap and saferoot.

Here is the thread which will guide you

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2639337

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:

Shallow_1

Jul 4, 2012
It can indeed be rooted. At this point there are two options. The original method requires Odin and you go back to ML1 or there's the new method which is towel root.

However you can only flash TouchWiz roms utilizing the old method with safestrap and saferoot.

Here is the thread which will guide you

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2639337

So then we can install AOSP roms with towel root and safestrap?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

landshark68

Jan 13, 2011
Illinois

No, you cannot install AOSP ROMs with either. Towel root is root only and does not unlock the bootloader, which is needed in order to flash AOSP ROMs. Basically the same thing with safestrap since the custom ROMs you can run through safestrap have to run off the stock kernel in the stock ROM slot.

ShapesBlue

May 9, 2012
No, you cannot install AOSP ROMs with either. Towel root is root only and does not unlock the bootloader, which is needed in order to flash AOSP ROMs. Basically the same thing with safestrap since the custom ROMs you can run through safestrap have to run off the stock kernel in the stock ROM slot.

Thanks for chiming in man. I know pretty much that you can't flash anything but TW roms. I thought I was pretty straight forward and clear

LLStarks

Jun 1, 2012
I forgot about the JTAG method...

It will work since an entire bootchain gets shoved onto the device at once and bypasses anything that would prevent such a reprogramming

Keep in mind that it will not reverse a Knox 0x1 efuse being blown

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks for chiming in man. I know pretty much that you can't flash anything but TW roms. I thought I was pretty straight forward and clear

Not with safestrap no. I don't know about towel root. I wouldn't take the chance with anything but TouchWiz roms

I thought you were pretty straight forward and clear myself, but that's just me:cyclops: