Himalaya WM6 CE OS 5.2.1620 (Build 18125.0.4.2)

Search This thread

cmonex

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2006
Budapest
helmi_c: maybe you will share some tech. info about your process of creation this working rom?
(yes, I haven't hima, mine is hx4700 and there is wm6 already for mine pda, just I'm curious about some things...)

1) XIP creation:
Did you copied all msxipkernel package modules from wm6? If so - where you've placed region_1 for two modules that wasn't in wm5 (encfilt and cachefilt you've moved above of ceddk? or different modules instead of them? or just removed them? (btw, you can simple remove encfilt and even cachefilt, at least for my hx i can do so)

2) .ROM and .VM ... didn't you modified their values?
I noticed (from two wm6's, universal's and m$ emulator's) that e32_vbase from .VM is set equal to ulRAMEnd from XIP's ROMHDR (and that wasn't so for wm5). Also one thought ... e32_entryrva ... isn't it pointing to highest vbase+vsize of imgfs modules (but not xip's modules)...

3) did you checked for a crossmapping between imgfs and xip modules?
(I noticed that wm6 modules vbase+vsize became more higher than wm5 ones)

3) more important - registry creation
How you've created a registry? Registry is really a thing from where bugs are coming... Did you created registry from .rgu's from packages? If so - in what order they was parsed?
(For my hx wm6's registry can be created just from rgu's but need to put them in a right order when parsing.)

i didnt look at himalaya but then other ppcs are the same so i can try answering.

1) encfilt can be removed fine. but if you are lucky they will fit in the xip.. for example i removed the bootscreen from nk on one device, then edited PE info for nk so nk became smaller and then encfilt fit in :) (i meant fitting it physically. virtual memory for their .data sections shouldnt be a limitation usually)

2) yes, you are correct noticing those.. but it (ulramend) didnt seem relevant in .VM (using another value introduced no problems)

ysf_301282

Oct 9, 2007
WOW.... thats it???????? what happen with the gprs and battery status????????
Don't start something that you can't finish .....!!!!!
Hehehehe.... Just kidding i just want the final release WM6 Fixed for my Hyma can someone make it done????? i will be so much thanksfully
I just have my hyma with already WM5 (buy on second hand) and i want to try to upgrada it to WM6. i'm a newbie here...
Someone.......... help me pleaseeeeeee.......................
sorry for my bad english im indonesian

Ather

Retired Senior Moderator
May 26, 2007
lolz..where did u dig this post from...if u looked clearly..the latest Windows Mobile 6.1 are released and sticked on the frontpage

Blade Thuz

Nov 11, 2008
Hei buddy,...i have some problem to upgrade my xda II to wm6, it's caused my device can't be on bootloader mode. Did u have any other way besides pressing and holding down: DPad + PowerButton + ResetButton??? I'm waiting for ur reply as soon as possible!!!!