Symbol MC70 WM6.1 upgrade

Search This thread

payzx

Mar 31, 2007
Hi,
any kind soul here can help and assist with regards to upgrading a Symbol MC70 from WM5.0 to WM6.1?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Kelvin

derekBeacroft

Dec 30, 2015
www.binarystar.co.uk
WM6.1

He we have a number of these we need to upgrade. some have a win mobile Classic sticker on the bat compartment but have had WM5 installed.

Have you got anywhere with this yet.

I did find this license costs at
www barcodediscount.com catalog symbol part-swe-116044-01.htm
but need a cheaper solution for the old handsets

Derek

app87k

Sep 25, 2008
Redmond
I also am looking to upgrade one of my MC70 devices from WM5 to WM6/6.1 because the wireless security in wm5 will not support WPA-2 on this Symbol device with provided software. Currently it only supports WPA Personal and such. Which is way too insecure.
Anyone have any idea, or maybe a 3rd party wifi client that could handle authentication for wm5?

This device is still far too useful to be cast into the depths of a landfill.
I mean, it still has:
Bluetooth
Wifi
GPS
Cellular (Sprint)
IrDA
1D and 2D barcode reader
"Waterproof"
and very rugged.

Thanks you guys!

ChrisNuggs

Dec 21, 2016
new to this forum

Managed to get a WM6.1 License from Barcode Warehouse for my MC7090

May help you ?

Hey! Do you have which Barcode Warehouse you got this from. I looked and it appears that there are many websites under that title, but none seem to sell the software or key, at least that I can find. Thanks in advance!

derekBeacroft

Dec 30, 2015
www.binarystar.co.uk
I have shouted and moaned at zebra and don't get very far, even offered to take a contract, I ended up talking with them for 4 months only for tech to decline due to age of kit.

Any how I also have a bunch of MC75 so tried again.
Well got a bit closer, I now have a WM6.5 update but cant get it to roll.

I have sent you a Pm

Dez

I_AGREE_BUTTON

Jan 12, 2015
Huawei MatePad Pro
Hi
I also have a symbol mc70 (or 75 i dont know it yet) and called my Distributor for a Update.
I cant rember who told me the Distributor or Zebra Salesagent that the Upgrades to Win6.1 are not longer Available.
The Upgrade cost ~10€ and is just a Digital Licence.

derekBeacroft

Dec 30, 2015
www.binarystar.co.uk
You need the Zip file downloads and a SIG file which is the licence that makes the magic work

But you do need to know which handset you have, MC70xx can go upto 6.1, MC75 6.1 and 6.5 but I have found a bit of ambiguity there
it seems their are few diff types of MC75

Note. I moved to 6.1 on the MC70xx but found the trigger cradle no longer works, go back to 5.1 and all is well.
If someone has a workround for the trigger on 6.1 (and i have tried the wedge software) please let us know

DB

derekBeacroft

Dec 30, 2015
www.binarystar.co.uk
Mine came from Barcode Warehouse uk last year
about £ 22.00 which then opend up an order on the zebra site
But you must have the correct order code, otherwise you will get the "dont know i cant find it" answer
I would be carfull of the e downloads