[Q] Difference in app size between android and Titanium Backup

Search This thread

fireice7

Dec 23, 2010
London
I was just wondering why the app size in android (Settings > Applications > Manage applications) is different to the size in Titanium backup (Overview of app storage use) and which one is the correct size?

eg. According to titanium backup, the total size of Jelly defense is 51.6MB whereas android says that it's 112KB

Angry Birds size is 18.5MB according to titanium but only 1.30MB in android.

Skype is 16.7MB according to titanium but only 2.11MB in android.

(I hope this thread is in the right place, if it's not feel free to move it)

rawdaddymagraden

Nov 17, 2011
Mo-Ville
I was just wondering why the app size in android (Settings > Applications > Manage applications) is different to the size in Titanium backup (Overview of app storage use) and which one is the correct size?

eg. According to titanium backup, the total size of Jelly defense is 51.6MB whereas android says that it's 112KB

Angry Birds size is 18.5MB according to titanium but only 1.30MB in android.

Skype is 16.7MB according to titanium but only 2.11MB in android.

(I hope this thread is in the right place, if it's not feel free to move it)

Are you using any type of app2sd or anything because android will only show what is stored in system partition and seperafely wat is on sd

Sent from my HTC One X with Beats Audio using Tapatalk 2

fireice7

Dec 23, 2010
London
Are you using any type of app2sd or anything because android will only show what is stored in system partition and seperafely wat is on sd

Sent from my HTC One X with Beats Audio using Tapatalk 2

I'm using the default "move to SD" option available on android. I don't understand where titanium backup gets its figure from for the size of an app.

nerotNS

Nov 8, 2011
I'm using the default "move to SD" option available on android. I don't understand where titanium backup gets its figure from for the size of an app.

Well Titanium backup backups the entire app ( the apk itself AND all the corresponding data) and it displays the true size of the app and its components(regardless of its location-internal/external). Android will only display the size of the part of the app that is stored on internal storage and not on the SD card(external storage). So both methods are true it just depends on what are you looking for :D

Sent from my LG-P350 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Well Titanium backup backups the entire app ( the apk itself AND all the corresponding data) and it displays the true size of the app and its components(regardless of its location-internal/external). Android will only display the size of the part of the app that is stored on internal storage and not on the SD card(external storage). So both methods are true it just depends on what are you looking for :D

Sent from my LG-P350 using xda premium