[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][4.4.2][KOT49H] SuperNexus 4.0 - galaxysmtd - Build 1 [05-01-14]

Search This thread

xsenman

Apr 9, 2012
Philippines
And how do you think I should use a Nexus 5 modem in Galaxy S anyway :eek:
That's why I gave you the link, my friend, we have ported Nexus modems for i9000 in My Android Collections under modems, I always believed that immaterial of how the ROM is cooked certain ROM's by its virtue of where its coming from, has certain requirements for them to function. But I will leave that for you to decide. And hope I am wrong :)

jv.batista

Jan 25, 2011
Faro, Portugal
Google Pixel 8 Pro
That's why I gave you the link, my friend, we have ported Nexus modems for i9000 in My Android Collections under modems, I always believed that immaterial of how the ROM is cooked certain ROM's by its virtue of where its coming from, has certain requirements for them to function. But I will leave that for you to decide. And hope I am wrong :)

so let me see if i got it correctly. what you're saing is that flashing one of those modems might solve the problem of no baseband, is that it?

xsenman

Apr 9, 2012
Philippines
Reactions: E:V:A

ts1506

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2012
Kolkata

I have tried two Nexus S modems in the past, never worked for me. Sometimes unknown Baseband , sometimes very low signal.

Also , when on a 4.4 ROM , I have IMEI and baseband.
Flash Supernexus , both gone.
Flash back another 4.4 ROM , both back again.

Last edited:

xsenman

Apr 9, 2012
Philippines
Reactions: E:V:A

E:V:A

Dec 6, 2011
-∇ϕ
Ok, I admit I just accidentally stumbled into this thread, while looking for a new ROM to update a friend I9000. But I also, coincidentally read an old email about the diagnostics port (on the Nexus 4), which is used by the AP to talk to the BP. (If you don't know what I'm taking about, check info in my sig.)

First of all, the problem is definitely not with the modem. I have tried numerous modems, all appear as Unknown. ... And how do you think I should use a Nexus 5 modem in Galaxy S anyway :eek: .

I have no idea what baseband processor is used in the Nexus 5, but if the BP is the same as on the I9000, then you should be able to flash the BP binary. On the I9000 the BP (baseband processor) is the XMM6160 (Aka. XGOLD-616), AFAIK.

so let me see if i got it correctly. what you're saing is that flashing one of those modems might solve the problem of no baseband, is that it?

We need to be precise what we mean with "modem". Many ROM developers have a different idea what "modem" means. For me it means the RTOS binary running on the BP/CP...

Also, some notes:

1. 3 years ago Samsung changed the way BP communicates with AP. From using a normal tty /dev/svn0 (or something) to using a SMD device. I.e. to use their own IPC protcol.
  2. At some point, perhaps 1-2 years ago, CM started using the open/free Replicant RIL's for their ROMs... AFAIK.
  3. I9000 GB driver (it was reorganised, comparing to Froyo) See:
    https://github.com/project-voodoo/l...erbread-samsung/drivers/misc/samsung_modemctl

I was coincidentally also reading an email this morning saying the following:

...I also have a Nexus 4, however the setup with diag is a bit different in the nexus 4. The ril actually will not boot if the diag port is turned off. There is a function it calls called LSM_INIT which uses the diag port when the RIL loads. If it can't open the diag port then you won't get any phone service. I made some modifications to the kernel and added a function to close the diag, then modified my LKM to call that function after the phone is up and running. This worked with no problem, but when then trying to send and receive data from the diag port nothing happens, so it will require a bit more investigation. I think it has to do with changes to the kernel,...

Hope this helps...

Reactions: ts1506 and xsenman

ts1506

Sep 1, 2012
Kolkata
That works. Better than none!

Point is, that testing was not on this ROM. That was on CM10 long ago (everything fine with i9000 modem, not with Nexus S one though)

Anyway, I have absolutely no idea about the stuff you said in the last post. By modem , I mean the modem.bin packages used in Galaxy S, the one which shows up under Baseband version.

hope you have tested this as their performance is considerably better according to OP's test results

Yes, thats the page I downloaded the modems from , but it was in CM10 times.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    oqq.png

The main idea behind SuperNexus is to provide stock Android experience, just like how Google intended it to be. SuperNexus is entirely built from Google's AOSP source. A lot of improvements and optimisations have been done to the Google's Source Code to have the best possible Vanilla Android Experience. SuperNexus is very light too as there are no 3rd party apps (ZERO Bloatware).

Big thanks to the CyanogenMod Team and the OmniROM Team, without them this ROM was not possible. Huge shoutout to DigitalOcean for providing us access to their excellent VPS services, which has cut down our compile time from 2 hours to just 30 minutes.

System Details:
    • Android 4.4.2 KitKat (KOT49H - Android-4.4.2_r1)
    • Latest CM Kernel
    • All KitKat features and apps (Nothing excluded from AOSP)
    • No Visual Changes!
    • Stock KitKat look and feel
    • This will turn your Samsung Galaxy S into a Nexus 5 :p

ROM Features:
    • Deodexed
    • Rooted (Super SU)
    • BusyBox Installed
    • No 3rd Party App
    • ZERO Bloatware
    • Android Source Code vastly improved and optimised (i.e. Bionic, Dalvik, Webkit, Framework, libcore, SQlite etc - Thanks to CAF)
    • Init.d Support
    • Rsync Support
    • UserInit Support
    • Bash & Nano Support
    • Native SIP/VOIP Support
    • OpenSSH Support (ssh, sshd, scp, stfp)
    • HSPA+ Support
    • OpenVPN Support
    • Ad-Hoc Network Support
    • exFAT and NTFS-3G support
    • EXT4 File System Optimisations
    • Large APN & SPN List
    • SELinux enabled
    • Framework Features:
      -Extended Power Menu (Reboot, Recovery, Download & Screenshot Options)
      -Tweaked Animation Values Of Progress Spinners (Silky Smooth Loading Spinners)
      -Options for switching between USB Mass Storage and MTP/PTP (On Specific Devices)
    • Browser Features:-
      -Increased Maximum Tab limit from 16 to 64
      -Option To Close All Tabs With One-Click
      -Allowed Any Type Of File To Be Downloaded
    • Phone Features:-
      -Noise Suppression
    • Miscellaneous Features:
      -Allowed Installation Of Apps From Unknown Sources By Default
      -Disabled Data Roaming By Default
      -Removed Google's Software Updates Option from Settings
      -Enabled Gesture Input By default
      -Emoji Enabled by default
      -Hardware Information of the device (Settings>About Device>Hardware Information)

Known Issues
    • Network not working
    • Find one? Let me know.

Screenshots:
    kfef.png
    qegk.png
    1c25.png
    e3va.png
    ctxu.png
    su0a.png

Requirements:
    • CWM 6.0.4.5 or latest TWRP (if you have a metadata error when flashing, you're using the wrong recovery!)

Instructions:
    First time installing SuperNexus 4.0 to your device, or coming from another ROM:
    - Copy Google Apps and SuperNexus ROM into your internal SD Card
    - Boot into Recovery (Volume up + Home + Power)
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
    - Flash SuperNexus ROM
    - Flash Google Apps package
    - Reboot your device

Upgrading from earlier build of SuperNexus 4.0:
    - Copy Google Apps and SuperNexus ROM to your internal SD Card
    - Boot into Recovery(Volume up + Home + Power)
    - Wipe Cache
    - Wipe Dalvik-cache (Under Advanced -> Wipe Dalvik-Cache)
    - Flash SuperNexus ROM
    - Flash Google Apps package
    - Reboot your device

Downloads

Latest Build:
    Google Apps:
    Source Code:
    • SuperNexus Source @ Github
    • Modified Manifest for galaxysmtd @ Github
    • Kernel Source @ Github

Changelog:
    Code:
    [B]SuperNexus 4.0 Build 1 (05-01-14):[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*] Initial release
    [/LIST]

Credits:
    • Faryaab
    • DigitalOcean (Website)
    • Simon Brunton (Graphic Designer - Website)
    • Google
    • CyanogenMod Team
    • Teamhacksung
    • Codeworkx
    • Xplodwild
    • Nebkat
    • Espenfjo
    • Pawtip
    • Chainfire
    • Thanks to all those who donated

Follow Faryaab On:

Follow ts1506 On:

XDA:DevDB Information
    SuperNexus 4.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S I9000

Contributors
    ts1506, faryaab
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Must be flashed from a recent 4.3 or 4.4 build
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: Build 1
    Beta Release Date: 2014-01-05

Created 2014-01-05
    Last Updated 2014-08-19
    Did anyone tried to flash a modem to see if it fixed the no baseband issue?

I have flashed XXJVT modem over ROM, didnt help. I have to scour CM github for fixes.
    Reserved

Reserved for the future
    Just out of boredom i flashed cm10.2, then the KF1 modem and the supernexus and ....

yup, no baseband... xD
    Random reboots noticed also.
    Anybody experiencing that? :)

Tested for 2 hours , no reboots.