[4.0][ICS][ROM]Mackay CM9 2014 1.7 (25-mar-14)

Search This thread

everb00b

Dec 1, 2011
The Gulag
2. can you be more specific
3. I don't care about video recording :)
You can delete media/video folder, and maybe add a variation of Mackay Rom Setting options to settings.

2. I'll list the apk's:
CMWallpapers.apk
HoloSpiralWallpaper.apk
MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk

I chose my wallpaper and these started to run on the RAM each time they restarted and ate more ram.

3. I understand the goal for this project "Light and Fast", but it would good to have even the most basic camcorder option to use.
maybe Scarllet Johansson might twerk for one of us.. You'll never know.. ;)

Last edited:

idexample

May 7, 2011
London
I didn't flashed yet, will soon, but I suggest to try LG free camera that let you set also frame pro second and bitrate.

Reactions: kogli

Hampy

Jul 23, 2010
If you want a fully working camera gotta flash another kernel, can be the one from Mackay ics final release.
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=28149309&postcount=1

I really need a fully working camera, and works.
I tried "720p.recording-playback-support-by_F4k" on the rom and original kernel but didnt work.

Boot time, loading apps, opening stuff its just very mutch faster then KK

omreJ

Dec 18, 2013
speed and performance is good..but it should not be at the expense of a phone's plus points..like 720p video.

just an opinion.not complaining.. :D

popic_u

Dec 17, 2010
I had playback problems with youtube and twitch tv, haven't tried other videos, flashed f4k mod, and both work now.

Reactions: Hampy

kasper_h

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 8, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Samsung Galaxy A52 4G
Once the kernel is finished, I'll also build a 720p capable kernel. That won't take long, as zram & ksm updates are the only features not ported yet. And I am not even sure whether I should port those, as I never felt zram to be useful on earlier android versions than KitKat.

Just to be clear. This ROM & kernel will not see updates once finished: there is no active ICS development, and also the kernel does not get updated much anymore.

Verstuurd van mijn Nexus 5

chainer1

Dec 14, 2010
I had playback problems with youtube and twitch tv, haven't tried other videos, flashed f4k mod, and both work now.

Indeed...video playback also doesn't work for me. Neither YouTube nor local files. Rock player works, but only in software codec mode. Everything that uses native stuff just breaks down. (Not just HD, SD content too)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Hampy

Jul 23, 2010
Flashed this rom yesterday...playing around with it using another kernel so i get camcorder working (Kernel is Mackay final version ICS released long time ago.)

-The phone is faster in everything,
-when i connect usb to PC it shows folders in 2 seconds instead of waiting 10 seconds with KitKat roms,
-installing from playstore is faster and smoother,
-connecting to wifi is instant,
-sync my contacts, calendar , Keep etc is just so much faster then KitKat,
-there is no call delay.

So in reality im using a rom that does everything the latest roms do but faster.

Make sure after installing the rom flash gapps, then the last kernel Final released Mackay ICS, not the xl one, flash the normal, then wipe cache, dalvik and fix permissions.

I also go to developer options and choose 4 processes at "Background process limit", can be 3 if you like.

I also have Nova launcher.

I also removed live walpapers, email app, face unlock and other stuff i dont use, i use a black no walpaper.

Last edited:

idroj

Apr 26, 2013
Barcelona
Flashed this rom yesterday...playing around with it using another kernel so i get camcorder working (Kernel is Mackay final version ICS released long time ago.)

-The phone is faster in everything,
-when i connect usb to PC it shows folders in 2 seconds instead of waiting 10 seconds with KitKat roms,
-installing from playstore is faster and smoother,
-connecting to wifi is instant,
-sync my contacts, calendar , Keep etc is just so much faster then KitKat,
-there is no call delay.

So in reality im using a rom that does everything the latest roms do but faster.

Make sure after installing the rom flash gapps, then the last kernel Final released Mackay ICS, not the xl one, flash the normal, then wipe cache, dalvik and fix permissions.

I also go to developer options and choose 4 processes at "Background process limit", can be 3 if you like.

I also have Nova launcher.

I also removed live walpapers, email app, face unlock and other stuff i dont use, i use a black no walpaper.

+1

Agree on everything. KK has really good roms, but this is "fast".

Changing lockscreen custom image, not work for me, I think is a CM bug. I'ts possible to solve this?

Thanks.

Hampy

Jul 23, 2010
+1

Agree on everything. KK has really good roms, but this is "fast".

Changing lockscreen custom image, not work for me, I think is a CM bug. I'ts possible to solve this?

Thanks.

I just tried to change the lock custom image and it works, custom image, choose gallery, and choose photo, crop it, done.

If its not working maybe you didnt crop it...or just wipe cache, dalvik and fix permissions...maybe it fixes it...normally fixes alot of issues.

Reactions: idroj

idroj

Apr 26, 2013
Barcelona
I just tried to change the lock custom image and it works, custom image, choose gallery, and choose photo, crop it, done.

If its not working maybe you didnt crop it...or just wipe cache, dalvik and fix permissions...maybe it fixes it...normally fixes alot of issues.

It works. Updated gapps of previous links, delete gallery2.apk, I restore it and now it works.

Thanks

tetakpatak

Jan 6, 2013
Lucerne
@kasper_h would it cost lot of work to implement a check for the partition size of the /system so the reformatting gets automatically done by downgrading from the ROMs with enlarged system size?

sUsH667

Jul 1, 2011
It's okay, nevermind, I found a downloadable ZIP that moves the datadata files into a different and bigger partition.

It might be a bit slower, but some people really might need this.

So, if you guys have the "low storage" notification and want to get rid of it without the need of deleting some of your apps, you can flash THIS.

another possibility is to just use the app that Zatta made for handling the datafix-stuff.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=by.zatta.datafix

greetz,

sUsH667

tapatalk'd

Last edited:

kasper_h

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 8, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Samsung Galaxy A52 4G
@kasper_h would it cost lot of work to implement a check for the partition size of the /system so the reformatting gets automatically done by downgrading from the ROMs with enlarged system size?

This check is actually already in place: if /system partition is of a different size than expected, the device should be reformatted automatically. But this automatic system is known for failures every now-and-then.

Top Liked Posts