[Q] Soft brick but can't install rom

Search This thread

nthnthn

Jan 2, 2011
Hello everybody,

I recently installed insertcoin 2.5.0, but I totally forgot to make a nandroid backup, and off course, the update didn't go as planned. I have a bootloop now and don't know what to do anymore. I have downloaded and installed any version of rom that I could find here on the development section for my htc butterfly (x920d). But nothing seems to work.. I also tried to install the PL99IMG.zip file trough fastboot (relock, rebootruu,...) but that didn't work as well. Does anybody have a solution, or a working rom for me? I'm from Europe so I don't know if other RUU's will work.

Specs:
-hboot 1.54
-s-off
-cid_1111111

Nathan

Last edited:

lonelyboycs

Dec 10, 2012
Hello everybody,

I recently installed insertcoin 2.5.0, but I totally forgot to make a nandroid backup, and off course, the update didn't go as planned. I have a bootloop now and don't know what to do anymore. I have downloaded and installed any version of rom that I could find here on the development section for my htc butterfly (x920d). But nothing seems to work.. I also tried to install the PL99IMG.zip file trough fastboot (relock, rebootruu,...) but that didn't work as well. Does anybody have a solution, or a working rom for me? I'm from Europe so I don't know if other RUU's will work.

Specs:
-hboot 1.54
-s-off
-cid_1111111

Nathan

Did you try flashing IC plus new KK firmware

lonelyboycs

Dec 10, 2012
Yes but it doesn't work. Here is the error I get:

writing 'zip'...
(bootloader) zip header checking...
(bootloader) zip info parsing...
(bootloader) checking model ID...
FAILED (remote: 41 model id check fail)
finished. total time: 2.420s

1 fastboot oem rebootRUU
2 fastboot flash zip zip.zip(where zip is the file you just downloaded)
3 fastboot reboot-bootloader

try repeating step 2 until success

nthnthn

Jan 2, 2011
1 fastboot oem rebootRUU
2 fastboot flash zip zip.zip(where zip is the file you just downloaded)
3 fastboot reboot-bootloader

try repeating step 2 until success

I changed my model number and I could install it. But it didn't work...
But now I managed to boot insertcoin, but I only can see the unlockscreen...
And when I unlock my phone I can only see the wallpaper and change the volume...

lonelyboycs

Dec 10, 2012
I changed my model number and I could install it. But it didn't work...
But now I managed to boot insertcoin, but I only can see the unlockscreen...
And when I unlock my phone I can only see the wallpaper and change the volume...

Super cid and s off should be more than enough. No need to change model.
You mean now you have hboot 1.57, IC 2.5.0. Just do a factory reset. If that not work you can try adding kairi reset kernel. That is a full stock kernel.

By the way. Since you have soff, you dont have to relock for any reason.

Last edited:

nthnthn

Jan 2, 2011
Super cid and s off should be more than enough. No need to change model.
You mean now you have hboot 1.57, IC 2.5.0. Just do a factory reset. If that not work you can try adding kairi reset kernel. That is a full stock kernel.

By the way. Since you have soff, you dont have to relock for any reason.

I have hboot 1.55 now, because i tried to install this backup of the stock rom (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2630214).
But now my phone doesn't charge... When i plug it in, it just says 0% and there is a battery that is charging. But it doesn't charge at all.

lonelyboycs

Dec 10, 2012

kairi_zeroblade

Feb 10, 2011
you have a different MODEL ID..it means you are not either a X920D..either you are a DNA or a X920E..check your Model ID please before flashing anything from here..worse is you run into issues yet a BRICK is most likely possible,,

nthnthn

Jan 2, 2011
you have a different MODEL ID..it means you are not either a X920D..either you are a DNA or a X920E..check your Model ID please before flashing anything from here..worse is you run into issues yet a BRICK is most likely possible,,

I am sure that I have a X920D... It also says that on the box of the cellphone. -> I've read on several sites that the box can be wrong... How am I 100% sure wich model I have?

Edit: I got the battery charging again, so now I can go into my bootloader again.

Last edited:

lonelyboycs

Dec 10, 2012
I am sure that I have a X920D... It also says that on the box of the cellphone. -> I've read on several sites that the box can be wrong... How am I 100% sure wich model I have?
Edit: I got the battery charging again, so now I can go into my bootloader again.

As you are in EU, you should have a x920d with CID044. But to make sure you can check the back of the phone, below the loud speaker, there should be some tiny text that tell your model. x920d can also be recognized with card slot on the top and white capacitive android buttons (while x920e has red capacitive, both x920e and DNA do not have card slot). There is neither dock pins nor IR port on the back (they belong to the J Butterfly).
source

But as think you have a x920d device. You should carefully retry the following steps:
1. Keep your phone SOff, Super CID and unlocked.
2. Make sure you have latest TWRP (2.7.xxx somethings)
3. Reflash firmware 1.55 make sure the process succeed
4. Restore the recovery you have tried and do a factory reset (wipe data, and 2 caches in TWRP).

If it works, you can continue trying install IC.
That all I can help. Sorry. :(

Last edited:

Bassie39

Jan 6, 2013
Overdinkel
I am from Europe also but my back of the phone also says x920d but if you look in the software it is a x920e I have red capacitive buttons. I can't run x920d software tried already. I can boot but have some problems

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using XDA Free mobile app

nthnthn

Jan 2, 2011
Okay, the back off my phone says x920d, but I have no sd card slot and I have red capacitive buttons... I'm going to try to flash a x920e rom! Maybe that will work :D
Edit: It works, I flashed a x920e rom and now it works again! Thanks everybody :D
Are there any kitkat roms for the x920e, or JB? cause I only found 4.1.2 custom roms for x920e...

Last edited:

lonelyboycs

Dec 10, 2012
Okay, the back off my phone says x920d, but I have no sd card slot and I have red capacitive buttons... I'm going to try to flash a x920e rom! Maybe that will work :D
Edit: It works, I flashed a x920e rom and now it works again! Thanks everybody :D

So you have a x920e. congrat'. :victory:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DLXU is x920e..if u have a x920d, it would be a DLXUB1