[TUTORIAL] How to Flash a ROM into your TG01

Search This thread

kevinchr

Jan 17, 2011
Hi I tried official rom - still same error
is my sd cards broken? i try 2 different cards too - one is 8gb and other is 2gb.
do i break cards if i flash very much?

EVEALEX62

Jul 10, 2009
Arras
is my sd cards broken? i try 2 different cards too - one is 8gb and other is 2gb.

Hello, no you can't break you SD Card with flash ... I have flash many many many time without problem !!!

For me you can test 3 solutions :
- With another SD card with same properties than the original Toshiba
- Test on another PC to download and copy on SD card !!
- Test with another flash method (Pin recovery for exemple)

:) I hope it's help you !!!

Reactions: kevinchr

kevinchr

Jan 17, 2011
Hello, no you can't break you SD Card with flash ... I have flash many many many time without problem !!!

hi evealex thnx for suggest

i tried 2 different SD card - one 2gb card (not toshiba), one 8gb card (toshiba i use every time to flash)
I also tried two PC - one my laptop and second my PC computer
I already try pin method two times and also SDDL+ many many times
I try orange uk rom, i try mirom1,13,14, i try fxdjacentyfxd rom, i try new spb rom also - not able to flash any rom :(
today i m trying kevinpwhite rom, aragon rom, drupad2drupad rom.
then may be ffboy and leeston also - dont know what other to do :(

EVEALEX62

Jul 10, 2009
Arras
Pearphp's you have a virus on your 2 PC which corrupt the files ???

Have you try to download sddl+ a new time ...???

Try this on another PC if you can to be sure :
- Download sddl+ and the ROM
- Format SD card (not speed format)
- copy just this file on good folder
- Try to do the flash ...

kevinchr

Jan 17, 2011
Pearphp's you have a virus on your 2 PC which corrupt the files ???

Have you try to download sddl+ a new time ...???

Try this on another PC if you can to be sure :
- Download sddl+ and the ROM
- Format SD card (not speed format)
- copy just this file on good folder
- Try to do the flash ...

Hi thanks for helps :)

this worked for me:

I try different rom after all the other rom i tell before.
i tried - DruROM3 - it say it's clean - so I try that as my 'stock' or 'clean' rom. i read somewhere leestone say to flash stock rom between flashes. i never do that. i do today and it flash DruROM3 perfect! :D
it all working now :D
i am going to try flash different rom and in middle flash DRUROM3 everytime - will tell u if works again :D

i suggest all who have problem - try flash clean rom like DRUROM3 between flash it help me, it must help you

Nokser

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 18, 2008
Warsaw
mcodingset.com
I have new bootloader, he run only press "camera" key
give this in my new rom, + new NK/Oal section + mod visual camera and + mod. apps toshiba ;)

andbv

Aug 7, 2009
salut

Vad ca esti din romania, as avea si eu nevoie de ceva ajutor. Mi-am cumparat un Tg01 azi si as vrea sa ii pun din nou rom-ul si sa ii instalez sbpshell mai nou cu ceva teme mai misto. As mai vrea daca se poate sa imi zici si ceva nume de aplicatii must have pt tel meu. Respect!!

lonelysurfer

Mar 27, 2010
another bricked tg01 - solved (new method)

I tried to ripp the Radio 5005.1901.20 from a T01A firmware. After flashing my tg01 was dead. No booting, no toshiba screen, no charging, no download mode.
So I tried the PIN Recovery Method. But I got the error "invalid file".
I ried several images that I flashed before (original FW-Update, miorom 1, 8, DruROM3, UPE ® OS 5.2 23096, ...), several filenames, several SD-Cards, new formation and checking the roms with tgtool -chk, ...).

Then I tried to PIN Recovery Method without a SD-Card. After this my TG01 was regognized over USB as Toshiba Download but with the ID USB\Vid_0930&Pid_0d6c.
So I added this to the tg01-driver. With that managed to flash a new rom (bin)!!!
My tg01 is living again :)

The bin rom was created with tgtool -dec TG01WP_5005000176.tsw tg01.bin.

---------- Post added at 01:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

Can someone please update downloadlink for SDDL.rar ? Thanks

...done. U find it at http://www.4shared.com/rar/nyGHCb0_/SDDL.html

lonelysurfer

Mar 27, 2010
a little problem exists

my phone has now a simlock. I have never had such a lock before! Don't know why its there. I flashed many roms and last I run RlasForceUnlockComplete.exe from a flashed T01A rom (payload).
I think I have to use QPST to unlock my phone but this is the wrong topic.

lonelysurfer

Mar 27, 2010
unlocked again

after hours of testing my tg01 is unlocked again.
First I flashed win7. Then I tried to flash the TG01 3G fix with QPST, but without success. IMEI doesn#t changed. IMEI changing doent't workt to...Error : NV_READONLY_S. So I switched back to WinMo6.5 : Simlocked :-(

Then I tried the TEST MODE 3G TG01W (Power On + Hold Vol Down + Hold Camera) and several commands like
1CESE : OPE_FLAG NotActice 74 Input?
0EFSE : MASTER_CLR_READ 1
the last command was
9ASE : NAND_ALL_CHECK select mode ? 0SE
after that my tg01 was half bricked...only Download Mode - then I flashed winmo6.5 (bin) again -> unlocked

perhaps this is helping someone with same problems

...sorry, if this doesn't work four you, cause I dont't remember all steps in TEST MODE 3G TG01W.
more commands are found at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=992998&page=3

cheers

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is 2 methods to flash a TG01. In any case, you will need to Fully Charge Your Battery. The 2 methods are, the so called "pin method" and "sddl+ method". The PIN method may be performed also with a half-bricked TG01. The PIN method CAN'T RECOVER a full-bricked TG01 (no ROM at all, or a full corrupted one).

This tutorial is based on this post: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=654299

SDDL+ Method

• Unrar SDDL.rar, place the files into your SD Card.
    • Create a folder called PRG on your SD Card.
    • Place your ROM (.tsw) on the PRG folder.**
    • Execute the SDDL+ at your SD Card to initialize the flashing.

**Note: Sometimes the SDDL+ Reports file not found, in this case, you may need to rename the rom to "TG01WP_00.tsw". After this, the ROM should flash properly.

Link SDDL: http://t0a.duyet.com/SDDL.rar

PIN Recovery Method

• Create a folder called PRG on your SD Card.
    • Place your ROM (.tsw) on the PRG folder.
    • Rename your ROM extension from (.tsw) to (.enc) at the PRG folder.
    • Remove the SIM Card
    • Remove the black plastic tab under where the SIM lies
    • Replace the battery
    • Secure the battery - use Velcro cable tie, rubber band or sticky tape (vital it does not fall out while Flashing!)
    • Short (connect together) Pin 1 and Pin 3; then press the Reset Button
    • Hold for 10 seconds or so; then release
    • Turn phone over and should show white Flash screen in progress until completed and says Successful - Rebooting

Shorten pin Method Picture:
    img0023lp.jpg
    Short Pins Illustration

Sorry, I don't have enough hands to do a video of the procedure; however hopefully this picture will help....

The jumper 'tool' is not essential, but I have found really helpful when repeatedly recovering a half-bricked device. The stiff copper wire can be bent to exactly the right angle to make comfortable to hold just in the right place and set to the correct gap to match the contacts on the PCB. The folded ends ensure that there is a nice smooth surface touching the contacts and minimal risk of damaging them.

Hold the wire loop firmly in one hand, press onto the contacts; then press the Reset button with the stylus using the other.

The Velcro cable wrap or a rubber band or sticky tape is vital to ensure the battery doesn't fall out when you turn the device over !

View attachment 301949
    this happen to me also right now
    same problem.
    i try different cards - not solve
    i try renaming - not solve
    i try pin method - not solve
    cannot flash new rom.

it say - 'SD downloading failed. Cannot read file' Then say your phone will restart automatically and no flash :(

the same proble i have also (6 monts ago). try this: delete your old PRG folder inc. SSDL+ exe.

make new PRG folder and place in this new SSDL+ exe.
    thank you mirolg

i try that but still same error.
    it look like it dont find the file it want.
    i am trying to flash your rel.4 instead of beta4 but don't work for me :(
    do u know any new method plz?
    load a official toshiba Rom from the toshiba Website ( you find here in ) and Flash Over PC and USB cable. After you can try to Flash a custom Rom.