[Off Topic Lounge] A place for fellow HTC Desire users to hang out

Search This thread

rolfd

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 25, 2010
Norn Irn
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
I've decided that as the Desire has such a big fanbase and the forum is so busy, that I'd trial an Off Topic lounge.

This is the place to post all things random and not support related.

There are a few ground rules, nothing too boring, but we do need them!

• The most important rule is, follow the Forum Rules!!
  • Keep it clean, and don't flame other users.
    [*]Do Not use this thread to boost your post count so you can post in Development
  • Most of all, have some fun :D

As this is a trial if you have any issues or problems here, please PM me.

Last edited:
Reactions: manne48

Maikoru

Dec 24, 2010
Lyon
I'm currently using a modified version of Leedroid 2.4.1.
This is a Data++ version with CM7 hboot built by Ed Roid (member of Frandroid), I must admit it is very fast and reliable.

Spin Dr Wolf

Feb 8, 2008
www.spindrwolf.co.uk
Wow i love this forum its the complete opposite to what i'm used to. Normally i would expect a thread to be derailed withing a page, here however try and go off topic here and it takes less than two posts to be back on topic. :D

rolfd

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 25, 2010
Norn Irn
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Wow i love this forum its the complete opposite to what i'm used to. Normally i would expect a thread to be derailed withing a page, here however try and go off topic here and it takes less than two posts to be back on topic. :D

Oh believe me, threads here can be derailed in seconds and forever if they get the chance. Lol.

It has probably died down a bit in the Desire forums now, but I remember a time a post would have been reported, and within 15 minutes there were about 30 replies to the problem post :eek:

I loved my Desire when I had it. I actually miss it now :p

fragargon

Feb 14, 2011
cool idea... using desire since few month, i m so impressed by android just got a bargain with xperia mini pro for my son... running stock andro 2.1... actually don't know much about it but he dosen't want i touch it :)

i know this is not desire supported whilst it's about android os

tks Rolfd

SeptimiuB

Feb 3, 2011
London
Custom Rom

Heya, I just instaled my 1st custom rom :D. I've always been rooted but i used the stock rom. Today i got bored and tried robocik's RCMix on my Desire. Working wonderful! I'm so happy i did it

Chiller89

Apr 24, 2010
Had my desire for just over a month, tried about 5 or 6 different ROMs, sticking with CM7, usually the latest nightly build, havent s-offed, dont really see the advantage?? Running CM7 nightly 64, with a 512MB ext3 partition sd-ext, I LOVE MY DESIRE! :D

Tarothsword

Jul 26, 2010
Redditch
Had my desire about a year now and running Oxygen 2.1.2

Just had a look round at the new phones available and I've got to say there's nothing really around to make me want to upgrade yet (maybe the Samsung Galaxy 2S)

Anybody bored with their desire and waiting for a new phone on the way?

Chiller89

Apr 24, 2010
I would love to help someone make a ROM but I have no idea where to start or what I need to do? Any help? Thanks

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Lothaen

Jun 4, 2010
plus.google.com
I had a strange dream last night that in the future we all lived underground, but people kept the nicer part of the world a secret from us(me), but eventually some guard-type guy led me to an old workshop to get water and I found both of my cats there - after feeding them popcorn and making sure they were safe I found some sort of board and found a massive tube system that the nicer parts in levels above used as an entertainment place - with arcades and stuff in it...

weirdness!

galdel

May 7, 2011
It could be that there is a girl/woman in your life that you do not really trust.
Or you can try to stop smoking a certain herb before going to bed:D

777ace

Mar 1, 2011
Cairns
I've been using htc desire for a year now, its a cool phone but iphone still rocks..

BANNED!! And I propose that the next person that posts anything to do with actual Desire/ROM/Dev discussion shall be whipped with a wet lettuce leaf :p

I, however made the mistake of telling this chick that I have been seeing on a friends basis that I am crazy about her the other day...it's actually waaaay more than friends, and she knows it, but it's complicated. We spend a lot of time together, she stays over most weekends, we usually shower together, we kiss, cuddle, go out to dinner, shopping and the whole kaboodle...we are not "sleeping together" though...she is not ready for proper committment, she tells me...or am I expecting too much??

I am 37 years old, and I feel like a love sick pimple faced child. Maybe it is I that needs whipping with the wet lettuce leaf...

I love this forum, I feel better already :)

And let the flaming commence :D

Lothaen

Jun 4, 2010
plus.google.com
@777ace and how are things after you said that...? :confused:

I took my cat out to the car to go to the vets and then went back to lock the front door and he decided that was a good time to go to the toilet.... causing me to take him back inside - clean up and then be late for the vet :( (he's fine though, just getting over a bad illness-type-thing)

777ace

Mar 1, 2011
Cairns
Lol, I have two cats also! I have been lucky in that they've not (yet) gotten really sick though...the bills for nuetering and worm treatments etc were horrendous enough! Any vets here??

As to my problem...everything is cool. I tend to over analyse the crap out of everything and probably miss the forest for the trees most of the time. Thinking over the whole situation, if she didn't feel the same way I do, she probably wouldn't do all of those things with me and make time in her life for me, so I guess I just gotta play it cool and take it real slow....

Lothaen

Jun 4, 2010
plus.google.com
Good going, as long as things are well now!

Last nights strange dream was I was driving down a really steep hill (and it had a mcdonalds halfway down for some reason), and saw some woman pushing her car up the hill near the McDs - she said she was fine, got that far and I asked why she wasnt calling someone to get it repaired, she said her boyf coudl fix it at the top of the hill, so I stopped and locked up my car and helped her push it to the top - right near the top there was a flood of water that rushed down and pushed the car back a bit - but we carried on and got it to the top of the hill where she said she was going to see her boyf - however, he happened to open the door and be like 'OMG what are you doing here?' then you heard his wife in the background coming to see what's going on... and I just up and left her there sorting out her own mess.

what's the moral of that story? :confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    exactly lol

rosie huntington-whiteley

to my mind she is one of the people that would suit the horse joke ... you know the one about why the long face .... lol
    Probably because she had to act in a movie about some 20-foot trannies.

Ba-DUM-tish!
    ordered myself an Evo 3D... that means the Desire will probably become my dev phone in the next few days, from which I will create all sorts of ROMmy goodness and share with everyone here.

Fixed for you Loth :)
    I've decided that as the Desire has such a big fanbase and the forum is so busy, that I'd trial an Off Topic lounge.

This is the place to post all things random and not support related.

There are a few ground rules, nothing too boring, but we do need them!

• The most important rule is, follow the Forum Rules!!
    • Keep it clean, and don't flame other users.
      [*]Do Not use this thread to boost your post count so you can post in Development
    • Most of all, have some fun :D

As this is a trial if you have any issues or problems here, please PM me.
    Nice Idea, I am swinging between Roms :p Almost on Daily basis and then i keep myself busy restoring everything. :)

I am also planning to release my own custom ROM, lets see when i will be able to do that (Still is Alpha phase)
    KitKat on my good old bravo :) Nice! I'll look into that someday soon.