Ever Use XP as an Alarm Clock?

Search This thread

julianpaul

Nov 5, 2011
Just got my dock. Only problem is, the phone doesn't go into the alarm clock mode as shown in the pictures. I guess it's because of some bloatware i removed. can someone please tell me what app is required for the dock-clock mode?

Also, like some people are using it, I would also be keeping it on a small side-table next to my bed, with both cables unplugged. Since the phone is plugged into the earphone jack on the dock, wouldn't that disable the phone speakers and therefore no alarm sound?

I unfroze the semcdeskclock app and it works... somewhat.

Instead of looking like this:
xperia-play-08-dock.jpg

It looks like this:
dk300-07.jpg

I like the first one better, anyone know how to get it to look like that?

Oh, and i tested the alarm, it sounds from the phone speakers even when plugged into the dock, duhh.

Last edited:

sufy1000

Oct 22, 2011
I unfroze the semcdeskclock app and it works... somewhat.

xperia-play-08-dock.jpg

It looks like this:
dk300-07.jpg

Oh, and i tested the alarm, it sounds from the phone speakers even when plugged into the dock, duhh.

Thats how my xperia play looks like when docked in and obviously the sounds is gonna come from the Xperia Play not the dock.

The second screenshot

julianpaul

Nov 5, 2011
Thats how my xperia play looks like when docked in and obviously the sounds is gonna come from the Xperia Play not the dock.

The second screenshot

I meant I thought that because the phone is plugged into the earphone jack of the dock the speakers would be muted.

So the first shot is just in the promotions and not how it looks in real life?

brainard52

Aug 11, 2011
I don't have anything else to wake me up in the morning. I think my roommates want to smash it though, as they get woken up as well D:

Miles Wolf

Jun 6, 2011
Barcelona
xperia-play-08-dock.jpg

It looks like this:
dk300-07.jpg

You can't. The first picture is of a premature version of the look of the final app (second picture).

When the dock was presented for first time (on the Mobile World Congress 2011) the app looked like the first picture. Just take a look to the first video that Sony Ericsson made to show how the dock works:

But later S-E changed its look.

Reactions: julianpaul

trueg

Feb 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
www.computerabuser.com
Another Xperia Play with dock user here. I have one for my bed side table and one for work. I was able to pick them up for $14 each, so I actually have 3 in case I want to mount one in the car for GPS and charging.

TrueG

DeadlyDazza

Jul 3, 2010
Sometimes my alarm goes off, I fumble with the phone, press something I shouldn't & find no option to turn the alarm off.
Power button, nothing works.

Have to frantically rip the battery out before it wakes the whole household!

Thewonderboy

Jan 18, 2012
I have been using it as my alarm since the day i got Xplay, worked pretty well but when i did 2.3.4 update i got tased in the morning.

"what da fu is dat"

after that i realized how great that Xloud update was :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I use it all the time, it's loud and obnoxious. Just the thing you'll need to wake up in the morning haha. It's easy to set too, and you can have lots of different alarms set, it's a pretty sweet built in clock/alarm.
    I use alarm clock plus, it's free and more obnoxious than STOCK

Sent from my R800i using XDA App
    xperia-play-08-dock.jpg

It looks like this:
    dk300-07.jpg

You can't. The first picture is of a premature version of the look of the final app (second picture).

When the dock was presented for first time (on the Mobile World Congress 2011) the app looked like the first picture. Just take a look to the first video that Sony Ericsson made to show how the dock works:

But later S-E changed its look.