Search This thread

zanderman112

Oct 6, 2010
SouthEast USA
www.twitter.com
Somebody have the zip? I am unable to get it to work through goomanager =[

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Open Goomanager

Browse All Files, then Search, and search "openrecovery-twrp-2.1.2-epicmtd-signed.zip" or just search "twrp" and look for the one with epicmtd in it. Click download, and when its done, it'll automatically install(well it did for me anyways). Then, after it boots, reboot to recovery to mess around with it :)

~E.R.A.

ÜBER™

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
Nope........however, here's a way to acquire it:

Whichever ROM you're on --CM9/AOKP, some other mtd's-- just flash Nyan4.2..........from ROM, power off to TWRPrecovery, reflash your ROM.......TWRP allows you to select whether to 'inject TWRP direct' to ROM you're flashing............reboot to system, your ROM now has TWRP recovery (again but past kernel, NOT Nyan).................backup (extract fr backup? Or else enjoy your ROM w/ TWRP.)

Goomanager's not DL'ing to sd card for some reason, instead starts to install, then errors out........?!?!

.........sent from today's android = 4.0.4

Wondering if this works when just flashing a kernel... like can I flash nyan then inject twrp when I flash my samurai kernel back over?

Edit : success... flashed that horride nyan kernel.. booting into twrp and injected it into my samurai :p... sorry I don't like that nyan stuff.. bite me.

Last edited:

noobnl

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2010
run_program("/tmp/bml_over_mtd.sh", "boot", "72", "reservoir", "2004", "/tmp/boot-twrp.img"));
Our reservoir block is not 2004, it is 4012 due to the space we have in the OneNAND chip which is 1 GB. You could be putting bad blocks in the wrong place and if the kernel partition has bad block, bootloader will look in the reservoir partition where all the kernel blocks is relocated.
Please make this change so we can insure all epic is compatible.

Dees_Troy

Senior Recognized Developer
Mar 31, 2008
KC MO
www.teamw.in
run_program("/tmp/bml_over_mtd.sh", "boot", "72", "reservoir", "2004", "/tmp/boot-twrp.img"));
Our reservoir block is not 2004, it is 4012 due to the space we have in the OneNAND chip which is 1 GB. You could be putting bad blocks in the wrong place and if the kernel partition has bad block, bootloader will look in the reservoir partition where all the kernel blocks is relocated.

Thanks, done!

shadowlink217

Dec 16, 2010
I am guessing you mean sponged as in having it absorb the OS through Odin again. A brick is a brick, no lights, no power, no download mode...dead like a brick.

Yeah, that. I'm not sure what could have gone wrong. It got stuck at the screen with the android and the triangle exclamation point thing and I pulled the battery. Maybe it was still flashing the recovery?

Reactions: sonarchist

sonarchist

Mar 27, 2011
Washington, DC
This bricked my phone on cleanGB MTD. beware

Softbrick from AOKP_Milestone5: from GooManager, downloaded 'openrecovery-twrp-2.1.2-epicmtd-signed.zip', DL went straight into install then a status 7 error from within CWM5.5.0.4.......from reboot to system: softbrick on Samsung Logo :eek:................errored out on attempts this past friday 04/27, but was able to reboot back to system.............THNX to Odin + ShadowKernel-EL30-v2.0.tar.md5 am quickly back Up + Running :p:cool:;)

.......yeah, careful guys!

*edit: reverting back to flashing Nyan4.2 (w/ TWRP) as this has been solid on AOKP + CM9beta3-pre3 since friday 04/27........NO issues whatsoever.

Last edited:

Dees_Troy

Senior Recognized Developer
Mar 31, 2008
KC MO
www.teamw.in
I did say that it was an alpha and that's mostly because of the injection installation method. I'll have to do some testing and looking at some of the other kernels and see if they are packaged the same.

sonarchist

Mar 27, 2011
Washington, DC
Maybe a new change broke it?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Was running stock AOKP_Milestone5/gapps0429............Don't know what broke it, TWRP's been running fine since you released Nyan4.2; just has not been responsive to direct DL from goomanager for me (elsewhere, Z states to have successfully installed from goomanager directly).............once my DL from goomanager completed, Install began automatically fr CWM5.5.0.4...........culminatiing w/ this error messsage:

E: Error in /sdcard/goomanager/openrecovery-twrp-2.1.2-epicmtd-signed.zip (status 7) Installation aborted.

Looked different from error messages of Friday 04/27.........well here's a good solid argument for keeping backups in your mSD card: after I ODIN'd FC09 --update Profile + PRL-- then ODIN'd ShadowKernel (getting rooted recovery), flashed CM9beta3-pre3 establishing MTD...........then went in + restored my most recent Nandroid so total downtime from softbrick was insignificant.

zanderman112

Oct 6, 2010
SouthEast USA
www.twitter.com
Was running stock AOKP_Milestone5/gapps0429............Don't know what broke it, TWRP's been running fine since you released Nyan4.2; just has not been responsive to direct DL from goomanager for me (elsewhere, Z states to have successfully installed from goomanager directly).............once my DL from goomanager completed, Install began automatically fr CWM5.5.0.4...........culminatiing w/ this error messsage:

E: Error in /sdcard/goomanager/openrecovery-twrp-2.1.2-epicmtd-signed.zip (status 7) Installation aborted.

Looked different from error messages of Friday 04/27.........well here's a good solid argument for keeping backups in your mSD card: after I ODIN'd FC09 --update Profile + PRL-- then ODIN'd ShadowKernel (getting rooted recovery), flashed CM9beta3-pre3 establishing MTD...........then went in + restored my most recent Nandroid so total downtime from softbrick was insignificant.

Yeah, yesterday, I downloaded it from the Goo manager app(I searched the app for it) downloaded, and when it was done, it rebooted, installed, and booted back into the system.

I'm on CM9 prebeta3 I believe...stock kernel.

I guess its possible they've changed something. I'll upload my zip for ya, and you can see if that works(just have Odin and shadow kernel ready lolol) if you want. Well, anyone can for that matter lol

~E.R.A.

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
Yeah, yesterday, I downloaded it from the Goo manager app(I searched the app for it) downloaded, and when it was done, it rebooted, installed, and booted back into the system.

I'm on CM9 prebeta3 I believe...stock kernel.

I guess its possible they've changed something. I'll upload my zip for ya, and you can see if that works(just have Odin and shadow kernel ready lolol) if you want. Well, anyone can for that matter lol

~E.R.A.

I really wish I knew what the heck your sig says.
Oh...and GO TWRP!

Reactions: zanderman112

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Because of the way the recovery is packed into boot, this will not work with all kernels / ROMs. It is known to work with CM7.2 and CM9.1.0. It will probably work with most other MTD-based ROMs and kernels but will not work with any BML ROM or kernel. Use at your own risk! Installing a new ROM or kernel may end up replacing your install of TWRP. Also note that TWRP is *not* compatible with CWM backups. We are not based on CWM, we wrote our own recovery based on AOSP. With that said, I hope that you will get a chance to at least see how fast and easy-to-use TWRP is.

In addition to the on-screen keyboard, TWRP now supports using the hardware keyboard on the Epic 4G. Unfortunately the screen doesn't rotate, but hey, the hardware keyboard does work.

Team Win Recovery Project 2.x, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Phone look:

Tablet look:

CHANGELOG for 2.6.3.0:
    -Proper backup and restore of SELinux contexts (thanks to Tassadar)
    -Pull in some ROM information for backup name generation
    -Merge all recent patches from AOSP bringing TWRP up to date with Android 4.3
    -Add 1200x1920 theme (thanks to Tassadar)
    -A few other fixes and tweaks

CHANGELOG for 2.6.1.0:
    -Initial SELinux support (only a few devices, need testers so come by IRC if your device doesn't have it and needs it)
    -Initial support for f2fs file system formatting (Moto X)
    -Update SuperSU install for 4.3 ROMs
    -Fixed a permissions bug on files created during backup
    -Fixed a bug that caused TWRP to not wait for compressed backups to finish causing 0 byte files and md5sums to not match
    -Fixed decryption of encrypted data so that both TouchWiz and AOSP decryption are possible
    -Ignore lost+found folder during backup and size calculations
    -Various other minor bug fixes and tweaks

CHANGELOG for 2.6.0.0:
    Special Note: If you are running a custom theme, you will likely need to remove that theme before updating to 2.6.0.0 as your custom theme will likely not have some of the new changes visible (e.g. you won't be able to encrypt a backup)!
    -Can encrypt a backup to prevent theft of private data from your backup files
    -Updated graphics / icon courtesy of shift
    -Updated exFAT to latest commits
    -Fixed a problem with Samsung TouchWiz decryption
    -Update SuperSU binary
    -Fixed saving of backup partitions list
    -Fixed saving of last used zip install folder
    -Fixed backup of datadata on devices that use a separate partition for datadata
    -Fixed some issues with the advanced wipe list (android_secure, can now wipe internal storage on data/media deivces and wipe data on the advanced list no longer formats the entire data partition)
    -Fixed some problems with partitioning a SD card
    -Various other bug fixes and tweaks

Notes about encrypted backups:
    Why encrypt your backups? -- Most people store their backups on the device. Any app that has permission to access storage could potentially read your backup files and try to harvest your data. Encrypted backups also provide an added layer of security if you move your backups to other storage devices or to the cloud. The encryption that we're using is probably not strong enough for enterprise level security, but should be strong enough to make it significantly difficult to get to your data.

Encryption is using OpenAES which uses AES 128-bit cbc encryption. If you happen to use a longer password (over 16 characters) then the encryption strength improves to 192 or 256 bits. Do not forget your password. If you forget your password you will be unable to restore your backup. We don't encrypt the entire backup. Encryption is very CPU intensive and can be fairly slow even when we spread the workload over multiple cores even on the latest high-end devices. To ensure that encrypted backups don't take forever, we don't encrypt any other partitions besides /data and in /data we don't encrypt /data/app (or other app related directories where apks are stored) and we don't encrypt dalvik cache.

DOWNLOAD:
    You can find more information and download links on our website!

BUGS:
    If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's pretty much impossible for us to keep up with the more than 40 threads that we have for the devices that we "directly" support. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM me directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.
    Updated to 2.3.1.1
    I finally updated my build script so I can generate updates for the Epic 4G automagically along with all the other devices. Updated to 2.5.0.0 too!